What is Going On… Isn’t there a process?

To be fair the forum users aren’t much better either.

Don’t give enough feedback and you’re just trolling.

Give enough feedback and the reply is “TLDR, crit by wall of text for over 9000.”

GD gets the most traffic, so people think they stand a better chance of being recognized if they post everything here. :dracthyr_shrug:

And it’s entirely stupid that the forum is named “Customer Support.” Blizzard calls themselves Customer Support, their Bnet articles refer players to “Customer Support” (yes I know those are ticket links, but the links quite literally say Customer Support)

Then when people find out about the forums and see a Customer Support forum, they get dogpiled and ridiculed for assuming GMs lurk there. That forum is the lone exception to what “Customer Support” means everywhere else in the ecosystem. Hell, even the blues that post there have a blue “Customer Support” line under their avatar. Of course players are going to assume they’re GMs.

“WHY DIDNT U READ DA STICKIEZ!” People who are already upset and coming for help aren’t going to spend time doing that when THE TITLE OF THE FORUM highly implies that Blizzard is there ready to support.

An Information Desk is support, but it is not “Service” which is what some people are looking for.

People don’t read sticky threads, you are right, but that is kind of a self caused issue. It would be nice if people did not get all offended when told “hey you need to post over here instead” though. Either read what the forum is for, or don’t get put out when told there is a different place for their concern.

The name of the forum IS misleading though. That has been said by the regulars for well over a decade now. They really need to change it to CS Information Desk or something. That would help set expectations more in line with what actually happens there instead of people making assumptions then getting flustered when their assumption is wrong.

1 Like

If you find a bug or want a refund you might try filing a ticket. One time I was doing a quest which was simple, go pick up a book and bring it back. I couldn’t find the book. Then I watched a video. Now I knew where it was suppose to be.

I went to the spot, no book. I saw others coming along, bending down and picking something up then heading back to the NPC. So I filed a ticket. I got a reply that basically gave me credit for that quest.

Another time I was suppose to get a quest to go on a ship to fight some battle. Same thing, no quest. Filed a ticket, got a response and when I logged in I was on the ship headed for battle.

So they do respond. At least in my case it has worked out.

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you.

1 Like

This is REALLY rare that they let the GMs manually fix or advance a quest for people. Most of the time they don’t let them, and the person needs to wait for a bug fix to be done in a patch.

Generally speaking, GMs are not allowed to give game hints and are not the means to submit bug reports. If people try to do that, they will usually get back a template telling them to check Wowhead or other player resources for game hints. They may also get pointed to the Bug Report forum or in-game bug report tool if the person thinks it is a bug.

Really, a ticket for something GMs don’t usually help with is frustrating for most users and they should not go into it thinking a GM can modify a quest for them or help them with it (in most cases).

Well this was not a case of a GM helping me, it was a case of me showing them a bug in their software. Most likely it was a race condition of some sort.

I would think they would be grateful. I know I was always grateful when someone sent in a bug report for our product.

Maybe people post in general discussion because the bugs have been piling up in the bug report forum untouched for years.

People can tell when posting in a specific forum is wasted effort, and posting at least where the community and dev alts actually lurk would fare better.

1 Like

Unfortunately no, they are not grateful you found a bug and sent it to a GM. GMs don’t collect bugs or pass them on so it just ends up being frustrating for everyone involved. They really really need us to follow the Bug Report process and use the in-game report or Bug Report forum so it goes to QA.

Here is a great example from 5 mins ago of a bug being discussed on the CS forum. User is provided info on how and where to submit a bug report if the self help (UI reset) step does not solve it.

Blue Post

Were sorry this page is temporary unavailable…I hope Microsoft has more guts and disciplines or even fire the managers that allowed this patch to go live.

1 Like

I mean thank you for the one day extenstion but , I would have rather blizzard offered me a free **war within t-shirt ** or a the what swaord t- shirt… **

If you look through the TWW Beta forums, you’ll see the same feedback there from people that were actively participating in the beta–which is not the majority of the player base. The reason why you are seeing these threads in General is those changes are now live, brought in by the pre-patch. The majority of the player base plays on the live server, so most are now experiencing the changes for the first time and are providing their feedback about the current state of the game and the impact from the changes introduced by the patch.

1 Like

I think youre absolutely correct, and i had a similar idea for a while. Creating a specific area for criticism/complaints, ect. This would theoretically remove much of the drama from general chat where the regulars that just want to chill and talk about the game, and waggling could do that.

2 Likes

I put a ticket in for my issue and they said to post it in the forms or like you said put it in the suggestion ticket… well here I am doing what the GM told me coming to the forms.

1 Like

yeah i think that would be a great idea. free up general chat a bit from the mess of criticism and complaints. recently i have had to stare at my screen and like “mentally prepare” myself for the BS that I know I’m going to see in general chat.

a separate thread from bug reporting where people can just go to get their opinions and stuff out in the right place, vent a bit and have other people with similar thoughts and opinions discuss the topic.

general would be a lot nicer if all that stuff was moved to its own page.

Because people don’t know any better.

Never attribute to malice that which is best attributed to ignorance.

Why would you put it in the beta forums when it’s on the live servers right now?

I had 2 bug reports I accidentally put in General, because when I make a new post, it defaults to General, even when I am in Bug Reports (UX issue for the forums).

Forum software is top-tier.