What is Going On… Isn’t there a process?

TLDR: Should we be organizing our complaints in designated forums instead of just in General? You tell me.

So, I thought about this a little - just scrolling for maybe 15 seconds this morning and I’m wondering:

There’s a bug report forum, but I’m seeing a lot of bug reports go in General.

People are wanting refunds and are upset about downtime, Customer Service is available right? Idk what they’d do, if anything at all though. I’ve had troubles in the past.

All of the complaints about flying and the talent trees, wouldn’t it be best to put those forums in TWW beta testing and flood them with this feedback?

I just don’t really get why General is a dumpster fire when a lot of topics have a place where they will properly be escalated.

Don’t get me wrong - I think feedback is a necessary and valuable tool and I want all voices heard regarding a game that we all invest so much time in. I just figure we might be able to have success (and other conversations if desired) if we streamline this a bit rather than throwing it all in General. Just a thought.

If I’m wrong, just say so and move on. I’m not trying to argue or fight with anyone, really. Just proposing this as a thought that popped into my head while looking at the jumbled mess of topics that I fear aren’t getting proper attention.

Not claiming to be right and not saying anyone else is wrong, before this devolves into something else.

4 Likes

Because the majority of people posting here aren’t putting serious thought into their complaints, don’t care to find the proper forum/avenue, and just want to complain to the biggest audience.

17 Likes

Big time. Better to have the bulk of the trollish whining threads here than in the beta for example.

2 Likes

personally i did not see any major issues with the game . nothing really changed and still enjoying the game . for people in the forum , these complain posts are a daily amusement which fizzle down and we all move on

5 Likes

Understood - I am trying to only give attention to posts that have a genuine question and could use some guidance. Other than that, I’m trying to just keep it moving.

I guess I just didn’t realize how widespread this has been this week. I can’t escape it here. Is this truly the norm for every pre-patch?

1 Like

Yes. /10char

2 Likes

Wow, well, at least I’ll be prepared next time. They say don’t play for the first day of the patch, but they should also say… don’t bother with forums for a week as well haha.

1 Like

Don’t be silly, that’s the best time to be here. You gotta embrace the chaos.

4 Likes

Embrace the chaos? I was born in it, molded by it.

5 Likes

I have added so many people to my ignore and mute list in the past few days, I don’t think I agree with you. Although some of the arguments one has seen have been…

Interesting, safe to say.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely muted a lot of threads, but I’m at least laughing at the meltdowns.

4 Likes

The worst thing is Blizzard enabled the ones complaining about downtime when they gave us a day back…

3 Likes

Yeah, Tuesdays are gonna be extra wild for a while after that one.

3 Likes

I’m mostly just sad… I like having conversations with people.

These are definitely not the forums for that, but when one do get a good conversation going with someone engaging in good faith I love it. But yeah… there do be plenty of meltdowns, just more right now with everyone absolutely dropping their head and playing football (rather than thinking) with it.

2 Likes

A bit of clarification on this. The Customer Support forum is an Information Desk where players, and Blues help guide folks through the Support system, explain policies, explain services, etc. It is not a means to make suggestions, report bugs, etc.

A request for game time compensation would properly go on Retail General where the Community Managers collect feedback for the Developers. The WoW team (and suits) make the call as to compensation, not CS.

As you probably saw, they DID grant a day of game time for the extended Tuesday down time. It was announced in the News Blog, but also posted here on General by the Community Managers.

People just don’t seem to realize that if they want to report a bug, it needs to reach the QA team. The only way to do that is the in-game bug report tool or the Bug Report forum. They don’t reply or fix each individual account, but that is how bugs get reported and in a priority queue for fixing - if they are confirmed to be bugs. Usually we see the fixes in Hotfix notes or Patch notes.

Well, it is GD, and it has always been that way. People can help by politely directing folks to the right location to get their thoughts collected. They can even help explain how to move a thread! A player can move their own thread by using the edit pencil on the first post then selecting the proper forum from the drop down list.

This is generally true. :dracthyr_nod: Very wise.

7 Likes

I do report bugs and even suggestions in more appropriate forums or use the game system. But I often post in general to see what others have experienced or their opinion on preference. You always take a chance on the juveniles chiming in with some nonsense but I’m getting better at ignoring them.

2 Likes

People know not to put efforts into complaints when it comes to blizz because no matter are well thought out and explained they are; you are still ignored.

people dislike change and the usual behavior is to go against it , pretty normal in any aspect of life . the forum is a good place to vent and then we can all move on . for anyone ever worked in a corporate environment knows about change and how it goes

3 Likes

Worked retail for 35 years, change happens…people can’t accept things change.

3 Likes

I have been seeing a ton of effort into complaints this week.

Not a good or bad thing on the surface, but people are definitely spending time on it.