What is Classic+

Nothing changed has been game breaking. I feel if they test the waters with this QoL elements that could transition into Classic+ by testing it in era is feasible and overall a win for us if they end up doing Classic+.

you don’t even know what the network batching changes are :expressionless:

I still wish for Classic+ to be original planned Vanilla content (like Kara and Hyjal) before they were scrapped.

And nothing more.

2 Likes

Classic Era is Classic+

And yet you play a Classic WoW with changes in it. Your convictions are betrayed by your actions.

I was here for original classic wow. The game was broken released in a state that would be considered beta at best by today’s standards. A reboot of Vanilla is not Classic+ and as much as those in there 40s and 50s would like to see it, a completely unchanged vanilla reboot isn’t going to happen.

And Naxx was supposed to be the end. And then when they did want the first expac, it was going to go straight into the invasion and then to Wrath as Arthas and the Scrouge were a much bigger threat than the Burning Crusade was at that time.

If they could just keep Classic and only add patches to it and not expacs, no RBGs and have us keep our PvP BG titles once earned, have us at gameplay level 60 for all of it. Then that would be good.

1 Like

I’m sure they meant the stuff slated for original Vanilla WoW that was scrapped. Not necessarily the exact base system that existed back then compared to Vanilla Era now.

Unfortunately you’re rigth, I fear.
Era is the best we can get, a few addons are very helpful in glossing over the worst of the “QoL” additions, but giving us real, OG Vanilla from phase one onwards … what a dream!

And this could be fun as well. Why not hope for both?

Yes 'cause I totally asked for a “broken” game, obviously :roll_eyes:

And, here we go, again with the semantics, on these forums. It’s its favorite game to play!

Classic+ vs Reboot

:pensive:

I can’t imagine why this wouldn’t be done. Alot of the player base seems to have moved to the private servers. I personally don’t play on them but from the YouTube videos it seems like a great idea. ( if done correctly! :wink: )

Giving the classic era community what should have happened before the first expansion would bring a lot of players back. Keeping the game locked in the classic era and always adding content with changing the world zones in patches… talk about an epic game experience… adding new items in all the dungeons as patches go on leaving all content relevant to run. I’m not sure why this never happened… we can only dream of the possibilities. I’ve been playing on and off since 2004 and I have to say classic just feels right… the expansions just never could give me that same experience.

2 Likes

It’s nothing more than an idea for the time being… could potentially be a lot of different things, could have new raids, dungeons, arena, RDF, new class combos, balancing, faster leveling experience… who knows.

2 Likes

WOW 2 will release before clasic+

1 Like

Classic+ is a pipe dream that most have given up long on for good reason

Classic will continue heading forward into the expansions no one wanted - Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion etc

It’s basically what Runescape did with it’s old school version of the game. All levels of Classic get new content. Be it a new 30-40 zone or a level 24 dungeon to a new level 60 raid. Classic but more. Class balance improved, typically by adding things that didn’t make it live from Beta.

Vanilla launched pretty unfinished and while TBC did a lot to help fix that (See the Dustwallow revamp that expansion did), TBC also completely made the old world irrelevent by increasing the level cap. Classic+ wouldn’t do that.

Most importantly for me is it means the old lore would be taken in a different direction. No Jailer nonsense.

2 Likes

I hope they stop at Legion

I honestly think the reason Blizzard won’t do Classic + isn’t that it’ll bother the classic players (they’ll still have classic era), it’s that it will kill retail and classic populations. Classic + would be insanely better than current WoW and present an opportunity to erase all the terrible retcons over the years.

It would be a massively successful game if it was properly done by a competent team that really loves Warcraft. All those people quit years ago though, so perhaps they just don’t have the talent to get it done.

Maybe they should hire devs from private servers since they do a better job than Blizzard.

4 Likes

Other than the content drought with DS and the addition of LFR, Cataclysm was a fantastic expansion imo.

It is only one concrete thing. Everything else is optional and subjective.

Additional content in the flavor of Classic.

Which parts specifically stand out to you as flavorful is completely subjective; I know people who only notice the story and wouldn’t care if it were converted back into an RTS or into an FPS as long as the story retained its Classic flavor.

If anyone tells you it’s a specific flavor, they’re either lying or ignorant.

3 Likes

The hardcore classic players will always have their servers. There’s other classic players that would like to continue the journey. What should have happened before Burning crusade was released. I slowly lost interest when the classic era was gone… would have been nice to expand / change the world more before leaving through the portal. I really think the zones should be always developing… a lot of mmos do that well with invasions npcs building up towns over time. I feel like westfall was always under construction:)

1 Like