What is a game you wish was popular/deserves a second chance?

Vagrant Story. I demand a remake.

1 Like

Warhammer Online, EverQuest 2 (before the marketplace shenanigans).

Non mmorpgs - Heroes of Might and Magic.

I would have said Daytona USA 2, since that’s one of my favorite games that never got a port home from the arcades. In fact, IMO, it’s the most raw, pure fun arcade-style racing game of all time. However, since it was included last year in Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name —though under an altered title—I’ll skip it to plug another:

Outrun 2/Outrun 2 SP and Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast.
Outrun 2 and especially Coast 2 Coast (plus SP and Outrun Online Arcade on the 360/PS3, which I missed out on) ranks right behind Daytona USA 2 in my book for raw fun in the rankings of the plethora of arcade-style racing titles over the years. It’s just a crazy amount of fun and controls amazingly too. Great sound and amazing soundtrack and great graphics for the time of release. It had excellent racing game talent behind it with Sumo Digital at the wheel with Sega AM2 in the passenger seat providing support and feedback. It’s just an amazing game that should get a re-release. Or…I’ll take a new official Outrun game period, but only if it’s got that Outrun 2 pure-fun magic.

2 Likes

I hear you! Hundreds of hours played on my steam for supreme commander - one of my favorite rts games still and I bought when originally released way back then.

Dark Age of Camelot, they really dropped the ball on that one. At least we have the freeshard(s) and they’re quite exceptional when a new season starts.

3 Likes
1 Like

Body Harvest

Really good game in concept, super limited by the hardware it was on

1 Like

Its still kicking and NC soft has given them there blessing to run it and its a free download

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/

E.T on Atari

1 Like

Believe it or not, the most popular game is Chess.

It is a strategy/war game that is more than 400 years old.

It is easy to learn but very tough to master.

My mom taught me the game when i was 7 years old.

I still play 3 - 5 games a week online and I will be 70 this year.

We have a community chess night (Wednesday evenings) and we have about 20 players show up for it on a regular basis. I am their mentor.

We always have a great time.

BTW I found no one in my neighborhood who plays WoW.

I’m a little surprised that despite all the MMO talk, nobody’s mentioned Darkfall

That game was a good time, but not for a long time

Oh my, yeah I’m not looking further into google images.

This has been a fun trip down memory lane. I’m not a big fan of most mmos so I guess if I had to pick an oldie I would throw in Grandia from the ps1.

1 Like

Na, roughly 605 million people play chess world wide regularly

Crossfire FPS tops that China and southeast Asia game mostly now…

And over 1 billion players have signed up for it life time…

And about two years ago daily online around 750 million.

Dont get me wrong love chess I’ve been playing for a little over 50 years but

Maybe a weird thought here, but, honestly, The Halo franchise in general. I so badly miss the community it had in the H2/H3 days, especially between Forge and Custom Games.

That’s where Halo thrives, not random Matchmaking, but Infinite butchered everything by launching in stages, letting all of the hype die off practically a year before Forge rolled around to help support Custom Games.

That, and there wasn’t even a custom game browser until a later patch – and it never functioned properly even then.

I don’t think Infinite would have brought back the glory days in a perfect world, I think it’s too late for that, but damn they sure tried their hardest to give it the worst possible chance. Sorry, but the game being complete like 2 years after it launches does not bring back the playerbase that skipped over it at the initial launch for missing half its features.

It’s a fun game.

Current Forge is fantastic, and Custom Game options are fantastic (basically second only to Overwatch, but the Overwatch community uses the insane tools at its disposal for actual garbage).

But it’ll never be worth putting time into without a lively community, and that’s not something Halo, especially infinite, has anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, this thread is fun; it’s kinda fun looking up some of these games. Though, this thread makes me mad at the fact that some of these games will never be remade.

Starfield.

Upside for a lot of the jrpg crowd is that many of their games have been well cared for with remasters. Someone mentioned ff9 and I think that’s getting the real remake treatment sometime in the near future.

I wish that was the same with Asura’s Wrath, Capcom just let it go to crpa. that’s cool that they’re remaking 9 though, id wanna see 10 remade but that game already has a remaster, isn’t tactics also getting one?

Dofus and Wakfu