What if Garrosh's atonement in Revendreth

Not just a negative story: an outright downward spiral ever since then.

5 Likes

“Lets just keep kicking horde players in the jaw narratively and never let up. That’s how you get people engaged, right?”

1 Like

Problem is, after BfA, the alliance has literally zero reason to ever believe the horde is capable of change or will ever change and I honestly don’t know how you can fix that narrative without one or both sides looking like absolute clowns in the process.

2 Likes

Time travel is all I can think of

On a serious note, whoever is in charge of the Medallion of Wrath after we take it from the Stonewright, will probably be in charge of Garrosh. Since I’m fairly certain Theotar is in charge of the Medallion of Desire (as that was associated with the role of throwing parties and organizing the court) I think that the medallion would pass to someone else.

My guess is that, given the Medallions tie to the Stoneborn, General Draven will be given the honor of being the first of his kind to join the Court of Harvesters. As such, he will likely be the one in charge of taming and channeling Garrosh’s wrath to constructive purposes - likely rebuilding the Stone Legion.

Given how uncomfortable Draven is with court formality, Garrosh should be safe from Theotar’s administrations. On the other hand, if it’s Garrosh’s pride that needs breaking down, the Accuser might force Garrosh to aerve tea with Tubbins and Gubbins.

3 Likes

Keep the red vs. blue conflict as a backdrop for PvP and one upping each other, and focus on world scale threats for villains. Vanilla up to Wrath did this with no problems. The story only jumped the shark when it actually tried and failed to be about the conflict.

7 Likes

The appropriate phrase at this point is “stick a fork, it’s done.”

That’s a negative, because in this dept there no longer is a Garrosh to be in charge of.

Please? Don’t crush my dreams.

“You will serve the Tea… or be crushed beneath it!”

4 Likes

Anything is better than fighting him

Garrosh was treated so unfairly by Blizz in life.
Then it would be fair to treat him better in Shadowlands.

3 Likes

To quote River Song… “Spoilers”.

So far this is not a spoiler as we have no idea what Blizz is up to with him.
We only know that he is being tortured in prison and I only hope for the best
PLS Blizz

2 Likes

*** ** SPOILER ALERT *******

As part of the ending part of the initial Revendreth story, they use up a very familliar looking orc spirit, saying regretfully that they’ve lost their "old workhorse’. The features are unmistakeably that off Garoosh’s as his very soul is being extinguished.

You really think they’d permanently off one of the most important and memorable characters in the franchise, quietly and with little to no fanfare?

If they were actually erasing the guys soul from existence, they’d at least have someone say his name in a “big reveal” cutscene moment, right before he fades away.

Say what you will about Blizzard’s story telling, whenever a major character’s story comes to an end they have a cutscene play or write a book around it at least.

6 Likes

More likely he’s under the Harvester of Wrath. Besides process of elimination says if he wasn’t given to the Jailer that is the last place he could be.

2 Likes

iirc, Garrosh was originally suppose to get a heroic sendoff which makes me think (and this is complete conjecture on my part) that the original plan for him may have been to have him die side-by-side with Varian at the Broken shore.

Although I have no idea how MoP / WoD would have played out in that scenario considering Garrosh’s integral role in both expansions.

3 Likes

I think you’re a little confused about the Revendreth Afterlives cinematic. In it Denathrias mentions that they can rely on their old workhorses - showing that his court was happy to continue draining souls like Garrosh of their anima for their own ends while the general populace starved. It doesn’t say anything about the any workhorses being used up in that cinematic, nor does it come up in questing.

Or is that just wishful thinking on your part?

3 Likes

Yah I doubt they’re going to go down the route of Garrosh’s soul was destroyed off screen, SHOCK VALUE.”

2 Likes

It happens right before you, so I don’t know where you’re getting the “off screen” part. He already had his big death cinematic, so his low budget end is actually appropriate, given that they really want to just sweep him under rr ung.

Never seen it so till I do I’m not going to believe it is true.

1 Like