What happened to Tirisfal?

You are the one so gunho about fairness. And as I mentioned, for fairness sake let the Legion or whatever destroy Crossroads as well and murder/convert all these NPCS you have had since classic and see how you like it.

I dont particular think that would be the worse thing ever. Darnassus didnt have any long standing significance and as long as Ashenvale/Darkshore remains night elven controlled that is the important part. Hell, plopping it in the middle of the great sea would make said theoretical capital more important military wise because it would allow the Alliance to launch assaults quicker on Horde territories if neccesary.(which aside from Thunderbluff are all coastal regions)

Yes. In a faction war story where you gain our territories and your territories, I think we should get at least one of our territories back.

Making us lose a territory due to Legion isn’t fairness, it’s someone having a stroke.

You sure you want to make this argument? You will lose far more than you think you will.

We lose Crossroads, and you lose the exact same amount of hero characters SIX MUST BE LEADER CHARACTERS such as Tyrande, Moira, Genn, and Velen (Saurfang, Vol’jin, Cairne, Garrosh, Sylvanas, Nathanos, Zaela, Nazgrim, and Thrall for three expansions.)

4 Likes

For me, the kaldorei are inherently tied to Kalimdor and the Forsaken are inherently tied to the Eastern Kingdoms. I think making them relocate their main cities would be doing them both a disservice. I think most other fans of them would strongly agree with me. It just seems like spite towards Forsaken fans and a willingness to throw night elf fans under the bus to achieve it

10 Likes

Let me repeat, WE DID NOT GET TEDRASSIL/DARNASSUS BACK. Why should you get Tirisfal back? If you are really so interest in fairness Silverpine/Sepulcher should be turned into a warfront and then you can retake it.

As for my comment about Darkshire, the point is the factions have NEVER had fairness when it came to things that happened to them. Why should the Horde keep getting relatively untouched by disasters while the Alliance seem to keep getting the brunt of it!

If you are so interested in fairness the same amount of destruction we suffered should be suffered by Horde. Hell, you should have a crater in the middle of Ogrimmar for three expansions or so.

Tha Kaldorei empire spanned the entire globe at one point, heck, with a few modifications Valsharah could have been turned into a replacement for the night elven home city.

Teldrassil proper technically is not part of Kalimdor the continent, and would it really matter if a theoretical new night elven capital like Teldrassil was grown somewhere in the Great sea? A home is a home and as long as it ends being as beautiful/useful as the old one, it probably wont matter in the long run.

2 Likes

I think both Forsaken and Worgen fans would’ve appreciated a Silverpine warfront. Say what you will of Darkshore but at least it’s updated to reflect a progressing narrative. Silverpine’s still unstuck in time. In a particularly absurd way now since you go from a ruined Tirisfal to a Forsaken FOB. It just looks so stupid.

Progress pretty much is something the Forsaken aren’t getting in general. We lost our Capitol, our leaders and our only story development was getting to talk to Calia about emo undead elves who are all

“EvEn tHoSe wHo BuRnEd FeEl CoLd iN dEaTh”

Oh stuff it drama queen you didn’t burn. I know we’re playing pretty fast and loose with the Val’Kyr power levels these days but I don’t think they can raise a pile of ash.

8 Likes

Silverpine is particularly rough as the zone is, even more than most Cata stuff, really locked on to a tiny fragment of time with very specific results and consequences, and features a few key NPCs.

Not to mention the long annoyance of Worgen players to need to play a Horde leveling zone to experience their story.

Silverpine, in the balancing of things, and considering the result of the other two fronts, would be a natural Horde win, though it would be nice to give the Worgen at least some sort of nod in the process- lose in Silverpine, but the intro quest gives them control of Gilneas, etc.

6 Likes

Seriously any update on that zone would be nice - especially Gilneas. Depending on who you ask it’s either;

• Occupied by the Forsaken
  • Still being fought over by the Worgen and Forsaken
  • Rendered uninhabitable by conflict and the cataclysm

It’s Schrodinger’s Zone. Option B makes the most sense to me since there’s the Battleground still happening. Option A and C both seem incongruent with the storyline since you force the Alliance to sound the retreat at Greymane’s Wall.

I always assumed they retreated back into Gilneas since that’s where the quest ends. The Forsaken then assign you to Hillsbrad to shore up your holdings there where there’s fighting with the Worgen and Stormpike Dwarves amongst other stuff. You never occupy Gilneas nor do you Blight bomb it.

You push the Worgen all the way from Tirisfal’s border straight into Gilneas. Then the Alliance arrive and push the Forsaken out. Then you reach a stalemate at the border. That’s the story. What happened next? And how did a Fourth War not address this outside mission tables?

11 Likes

so the aggressors should profit from the war they lost?

What war did the Horde lose exactly? The Horde removed it’s own leadership with aid from the Alliance. There was no surrender.

2 Likes

I mean sure… Blizzard could do anything they want. But simply reworking existing zones that are already convenient locations for Horde leveling was just the far superior course of action.

Eh. It’s not like the Horde is even occupying Teldrassil. By all means, give it back to the Alliance. I fully support the creation of Stumptown.

2 Likes

bUt ItS a PoRt CiTy!

Thats one of the dumbest things i have ever heard, ignoring the fact its a crater and the horde alread has a major kalimdor port far closer to their holdings in Bildgewater, it being important for the alliance military doesnt mean it would be useful hordewise, it allowed the alliance to attack from multiple fronts, an advantage meaningless to the horde. If it was actually a city that would aid the horde war effort, dont you think Garrosh wouldnt have planned to NUKE IT FROM THE START?

2 Likes

On the one hand I like the council system, on the other hand I feel like to not see the problem with this statement is absurd.

“Our government was forcibly changed to one more friendly to the country we were at war with, with aid from said country. How is this a loss?”

3 Likes

From Calia’s exposition in the book, there’s a rather strong implication that her husband and child during WC3-Vanilla WoW were Bolvar and Taelia.

That would mean Anduin would be marrying royalty and that his child would lay claim to Lordaeron via having the blood of two kingdoms in his/her veins.

2 Likes

Maybe they don’t know there are multiple ways to win wars

2 Likes

Sure the Alliance won in the same way France won the American Revolutionary War. They aided a successful rebellion.

The Alliance won the war because it achieved its strategic goal- the removal of Sylvanas from the Horde, as stated by Anduin.

Whatever victory, condition of the Horde for better or worse, doesn’t alter that.

To rephrase, the Alliance winning the war does not necessitate a Horde loss of the war, save for insofar as elements of the Horde that would consider losing Sylvanas as its leader to constitute a loss.

Clearly, that is not the case for a plurality, if not a large majority of the Horde. Therefore, the Horde as a whole did not lose. The rebellion won, and the Alliance won, both for the exact same reason.

2 Likes

Additionally seeing as Windrunner’s only apparent goal was a body count - she also won. Still not sure what exactly the overarching Horde strategy was.

The initial plan - occupy Darnassus and use it as a bartering chip to secure Kalimdor’s Azerite - goes up in flames pretty much out the gate. Then the Alliance counters by attacking Lordaeron - I am still unclear on how this helped the Kaldorei in any way, shape or form. I mean they later had to rally their own army and reclaim their own territory with support from only the Worgen who- as I understand it - went against Anduin’s orders to do so. So /shrug on that and Darnassus only ever made retroactive sense with SL in sight.

After that you infiltrate Stormwind because the Alliance went full Bowser on the Zandalari Princess for no self evident reason. I guess you’d want to grab Zul but why you wouldn’t let the daughter of the King of the mightiest Troll nation go is unknown to me.

Turns out we did this because - for some reason- it’s terribly important we secure the Zandalari fleet. To my knowledge the Horde suffered no catastrophic naval loss and at least 4 of their nations have shown to be deadly in martial maritime matters so I’m still confused why that’s important. Especially in a setting where giant eagles apparently have the flight speed of stealth bombers and ya know, portals exist.

Amusingly the Horde toy that gives you the flight paths around the EK is described as a strategy to swiftly cripple the Alliance nations on that continent in the event of a 4th War. Kinda wish I could ya know, actually read it, to see what good ideas werent used.

5 Likes

I mean, the second sentence in your post basically sums up the entire xpac for the Horde, doesn’t it?

World of Warcraft: What the hell are we doing?

8 Likes

I’m still confused. I mean it’s good we took care of Squidworst I guess but I thought the inciting incident to Azeroth’s pain was and still is the gigantic satanic sword still sticking out of it.

And I don’t think we really remedied that? N’Zoth was tangentially involved as was the 4th War. I really thought that’d tie into the ending somehow but nevermind I guess.

7 Likes

Then you don’t understand what makes a good port and how important they are to a civilization.

The fact that the city is a crater doesn’t change the location or depth of the harbor. Those are the qualities that made the Kirin Tor build the city there in the first place, and those qualities of that terrain still remain.

WE’RE the ones that changed it. The Alliance just kinda…stood watching while it happened.

If the Horde DIDN’T want it to happen, Saurfang and Sylvanas’ forces would have just turned on the Alliance.

Well, because that’s where Sylvanas was. And getting her is getting rid of the Horde’s leader, and the criminal that orchestrated the War of Thorns.