What happened to Tirisfal?

Alliance loses: Ashenvale, Darkshore, and Teldrassil.
Horde loses: Arathi Highlands, Tirisfal Glades, Lordaeron City

Alliance gains: Ashenvale, Darkshore, Arathi Highlands
Horde gains:

It isn’t even 1 for 1. it’s 1 for 3.

3 Likes

Lordaeron city is part of Tirisfal in the same way Darnassus was part of Teldrassil. We can argue their lore importance but those are the mechanics of it.

8 Likes

Well the Alliance is getting Arathi Highlands. What your basically saying the Horde should lose it’s territories gained in the war and the Alliance should get to keep theirs. Kind of a double standard there.

Plus The Horde lost it’s fortress equivalent to Nethergarde and the province of Darkshire is still under Stormwind’s control. Theramore and Southshore are all you have to work with and Southshore was lost because Blizzard was trying to rebalance the zones in Cata.

Give the Forsaken back Tirisfal and have the NEs start to regrow their tree. It isn’t like the first one took them a long time to grow. It was fully grown in under 5 years.

12 Likes

Let the forsaken have boring medieval England #1375928. Ashenvale VULT!

4 Likes

Only if it looks like it does in Classic.

6 Likes

This so much. Just give everyone back what was theirs and we can try to forget this nightmare. A new world tree zone with a new capital would look beautiful with modern assets. And with Malfurion and Cenarius helping grow it, it might go even faster than Teldrassil. The Royal Apothecary Society could develop a neutralizing agent for the blight so they can make the Undercity habitable again.

10 Likes

I don’t know about that, a major breakthrough in plague potency was an accident by a Gnome trying to neutralize it.

1 Like

The lesson there is don’t rely on Gnomes to do your alchemy.

4 Likes

Gilneas is still never coming back after 10 years of being gone, why do we expect Blizzard to do any different here?

Gilneas should consider itself lucky, yeesh.

Why though?

Because we’ve never even seen Gnomer outside of enemy control and it was lost before WoW even started :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh right, Gnomeregan’s for pet battle :poop: now.

Point taken…

1. and the Horde took Aszhara while turning Theramore into a crater.
  2. as mentioned Ashenvale/Darkshore is NOT the equivalent of Tirisfal, it is of Silverpine, if you want to play this double standard game, Silverpine should also have been turned into a Warfront.
  3. the worgens “home” was also in Darnassus, if you want talk about fairness we should end up leveling Bildgewater Harbor too.

Last I check, the Horde killed those traitors. As for Darkshire, we may control it but it doesnt change the fact most of the population is dead. I mean, if you want to play this suppose fairness game, then I say the Crossroads should end up being slaughter too.

So we can all have a faction war again in two or three expacs from now? I’m actually glad Capital City is such a mess, if the Alliance cant have it, neither should the Horde. Although with Calia(and her kid possibly) being alive I expect will all end up doing something with it again someday. Hell, maybe turn it into a battleground like Gilneas.

Blizzard was addressing Faction Imbalance in which they publicly admitted that the wee baby Alliance had been babied entirely too much and had too many territories. It is not the same situation by any stretch of the imagination.

Tirisfal wasn’t wholesale destroyed like Tirisfal. There’s no reason we couldn’t repopulate Tirisfal and dispel the plague. We’ve already seen that Jaina can do it.

:roll_eyes:
No one would notice if Bilgewater blew up. It’s not even a real city.

Didn’t the Legion kill Darkshore? That isn’t on us, so it isn’t a trade scenario.

1 Like

So you would deny night elves getting a new zone and capital just to spite the Forsaken getting theirs back?

Blizzard could have given the Horde new territory, its not like raising new zones was something impossible for them to do. Instead the Alliance had to lose what was ours to begin with to bring about some nonsensical balance. Heck, phasing could have achieved the same results.

And again, you have not addressed the fact Tirisfal’s equivalent is Teldrassil and not Darkshore, how is it fair the Horde retakes it when Teldrassil will never be retaken by the Allkance?

Then let the Legion/twilight cult or whatever level Crossroad for all I care.

Personally, I want the night elves to get a new city, which ultimately means the Forsaken gets a new city, potentially as far away from the eastern kingdoms as possible.

It’s not on us. We didn’t destroy Darkshire, so we don’t have to lose a territory just because yours got destroyed by another one.

3 Likes

Would you have the night elf city not be in Kalimdor then?

1 Like