What happened to Tirisfal?

The Alliance controls Tirisfal in the Table missions. The horde fleed to Alterac and the allied forces sent troops from tirisfal to silverpine.

3 Likes

I forsee Calia dispelling the blight and welcoming her people back home.

THe alliance allow this because she is Calia.

Burn me alive instead

21 Likes

Better idea: Calia has to be sacrificed to purge the Blight.

16 Likes

There’s a lot more to Tirisfal than just the Undercity.

EDIT: rewording because I have no intention of wasting my time debating anything at all.

You are correct. There is more to Tirisfal than Undercity. I never said there wasn’t. I did imply that the Blight impacts the region as a whole, and is not just confined to undercity. That is my working theory until Blizz gives more information, at which point I’ll change it if necessary.

1 Like

Actually it pretty much is. There is devastation beyond Undercity as the Alliance pretty much erased the map that leads from the shore up to it, including Brill, but only the Undercity (and the ruins above) is a death zone.

The Forsaken should not get Tirisfal back. Ever.

The Alliance lost Teldrassil, which was a whole leveling zone as well as Darnassus. The Forsaken likewise, should also lose their starting zone and capital city for good.

It’s funny how this forum rolls their eyes and groans whenever night elf players complain about losing their zones, capital and identity but offers sympathy and consolation to the whiny, entitled Forsaken players who have been Blizzard’s favorites for years.

4 Likes

Especially in Cataclysm. Blizzard was unhinged in Cataclysm when it came to Forsaken and littering Eastern Kingdoms with their ugly new Tim Burton architecture everywhere.

3 Likes

Why though, Theramore has literally no significance to them at all, like literally at all. Just use Stratholme or Andorhalm, those are actual towns that would be signifigant to the forsaken.

I seriously don’t get your obsession with settling theramore.

11 Likes

The ugly Tim Burton architecture is about the only thing I’ve liked about the forsaken for years. It has personality.

He wants to dunk on the Alliance. He isn’t concerned with the characters in the story being people instead of meme potential.

5 Likes

Good point. If Teldrassil was erased and not coming back, why should Tirisfal? Sure, one has more lore, but in terms of game mechanics they are meant to be mirrors, and why destroying one had to lead to the other being destroyed in some way, to balance things out.

I come to brill, I seek an actual inn to converse with my fellow Horde, perhaps a bed to rest my wary head after traveling by Zeppelin across continents… then I see a giant statue of Sylvanas and weird Tim Burton buildings with no where to sit down in.

1 Like

It would if Derek is with them. Helping his new people resettle his sister’s city.

Counterpoint, removing Tirisfal simply for parity is just plain mean, it plays back into the idea blizzard can do horrible things to hald the playerbase as long as they an equally horrible thing to the other. You also can turn that massive stump into a new zone if we give it a time skip, which the next world update should be. Making it so the night elves have settled the stumps remains and turned the massive dead symbol of their loss into a new thriving town on and in said stump i feel is far better to go forward for both nelves and forsaken then just removing their 2 starting zones completely for parity. You can solve that issue of the zones without causing both players to lose things.

Hell i don’t even think it needs to be the starting zones next world update but a zone you visit later on, have the nelves start at Hyjal and forsaken in the part of the EK that Stratholme is located or the Western Plaguelands!

14 Likes

I think the problem here is I am talking about what was lost for them as a people in the story. While you seem to be talking about what you have lost in interacting with them. Lets address both:

The Night Elves had cities across two zones destroyed. Their Homeland was desecrated and taken from them. And then the massive loss in lives and family at Teldrassil cannot be understated. And this tragedy was reinforced in the Alliance players experience with only being able to save a fraction of the civilians. The whole experience was designed to make the Alliance player feel the gut punch that it was.

On the flip side, when the Forsaken lost their city the story was crafted to not have the gut punch. Blizzard confirmed the scenario was crafted to try and have both sides get their moment. The city was evacuated and destroyed as a last shot at the Alliance. The Forsaken lost their Homeland, but not their people.

So, in story the Night Elves unquestionably lost more.

So, lets talk about the losses of possible player interaction.

Yep, though I would argue that was needed to give them a chance for depth.

If you count him, you have to count the Night Elf losses of those like Delaryn and Sira.

Arguably they have a better chance at a real culture now.

They never controlled Arathi. It was not theirs to lose.

Again, likely more independent now that Sylvanas is gone.

Not really quite the same as long as you can see all the little named folk down the road. Sure, they are not there now, but there is potential (and likely chance) of seeing them in the future.

Only true is something is done with it. And the bare minimum is addressing the results of the battle in their homeland. You don’t need to address Trisfal as there was not a battle being fought over it. So, we needed something addressing Darkshore sooner, rather than later.

In the end the problem I see here is:
Night Elves get nailed hard. The Alliance player’s experience is literally designed to make them feel the weight of the tragedy. At the same time the Forsaken get a lesser loss with an experience designed to give them equal cheer moments to the Alliance. Then when Blizzard gives the Alliance a single (and lets be honest, poor quality) animation addressing a major open question in the story the Horde fans come screaming foul since they didn’t get anything at the same time. This ignores the extras they have gotten in (high quality) cinematics and in game events.

It is a repeated event. The Alliance loses more and the Horde players say ‘it is just the story, not everything has to be balanced.’ The Horde gets extra story time, cinematics, and the like. Horde players again say, ‘not everything has to be equal.’ Then when the Alliance does get something little we get Horde hollaring, ‘Not fair, we should get something to, it has to be balanced.’

7 Likes

It is NOT “her city”. She doesn’t get ownership because she shares the name of the Prince who destroyed it.

1 Like

People who try to compare losses are funny, why does “Who hates the story more” matter when we all hate the story?

8 Likes

Well I agree with you here. If they restore one, they should restore the other too. I’m all for building things up instead of destroying them.

6 Likes

This thread isn’t about what imaginary pretendy funtime npcs think, Meringue. This is about what players lost.

The only thing that changed for the nelves’ players is Teldrassil and their vendors.
Far more changed for Forsaken players.

I wholly agree with you, but that doesn’t make my point wrong.

Zelling was a breath of fresh air into the Forsaken setting as a whole, a possibility for more archetypes than Sylvanas drone. Furthermore, he actually came from an entirely separate culture with entirely separate beliefs, mores, folkways, and more interestingly religious powers. The same is not true for Delaryn or Sira.

He was a new, entirely different type of Forsaken without being offensive like Calia is. An avenue for players to explore not being evil without being “Hooray Anduin is correct, praise the light!”

Meringue.
Meringue.
We’re both Death Knights. We both know better.

During N Death knight [103 - 110] The Ruined Kingdom it is shown that Galen Trollbane and his undead forces has seceded from the Forsaken and taken control of Stromgarde from the Syndicate and the ogres except for areas occupied by Witherbark forest trolls. Both forces would eventually be decimated by the Knights of the Ebon Blade plunging the capital and the entire region into uncertainty.

The Forsaken actually had ownership of Arathi during World of Warcraft’s lifetime. That had never been true for the Alliance, until now.

More dependent on the Horde, for certain.

We don’t know who was saved in Darnassus and who wasn’t. They could very well plop down every single vendor in Nordrassil and just say nameless nelves died. It’s the same thing.

I wholly disagree. Their entire world was turned upside down. Forsaken have always been moored directly into Sylvanas’s hip. Here, we learn that she tried to have them all (insomuch as those at sea, at least, but especially the player) killed by Azshara.

1 Like

There’s a great deal of potential in turning Stratholme into a new home for the Forsaken. The poetry of the city most wronged by Arthas directly becoming the home of the civilization born from his atrocity. A city which would be won by said people, rather than by the tactics of their recent former leader.

A city that burns under its curse. It gives a story to tell, of the Forsaken breaking the curse, and move on from it, the city could reflect the people living there.

A city that would then be a synthesis of new Forsaken architecture combined with restored/preserved elements that preceded it. Like the Forsaken themselves, they are different, and some elements are quite dark, but they are not a two dimensional block of sociopaths.

It is also a large, spacious area that could be converted. The old instances could be preserved through the usual bronze dragon shenanigans. Hell, we could even see a new stockades/ragefire style dungeon based on rooting out hidden scourge loyalists in the catacombs or some such.

Much preferable, in my eyes, to rando-new city somewhere, or just going back to status quo in undercity.

5 Likes