What happened to Tirisfal?

To be honest that’s how I feel most horde players are every time people want to be heroic people get mad that they are red alliance or whatever

1 Like

I would play forsaken more if:

1: Erect spine
2: Boots covered toes
3: Last but most importantly, Forsaken could be some rendition of heroic. Leonid Batholomew is cool. Bolvar is cool. The Ebon Blade are cool. This idea that only Sylvanas Drones work is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Alright ya’ll have fun liking eachother’s meek takes. I’m going to go do something more pleasant with my Friday while your BF here digs up posts from Forsaken avatars from July.

There’s not a high number of frequent Forsaken story posters. I think our general desires are well known.

3 Likes

Just my own observation, that’s all. No different from people who claim Night Elf posters all have the same attitudes and have the same opinions.

I’m all for the Forsaken having opportunities to be heroes. They are dead Lordaeron humans so they should be able to express their humanity without being relegated to just a scourge 2.0. But I feel like Blizzard treads lightly with it because the moment they attempt anything like that the Forsaken players who pick the race just to be edgelords come out in droves to complain about it.

Calia is just an example of that. Calia is an attempt to bring some humanity and compassionate leadership back to the Forsaken but it was met with outrage from Horde and Forsaken fans.

3 Likes

Come on man. Everyone knows about the secret cabal of Sylvanas fans that control Blizzard and the governments of multiple countries in real life. THEY EVEN HAVE AN ORC STATUE. HORDE BIAS WAS AN OUTSIDE JOB.

Most of them are unsubbed and poo on the game 24/7 in story discord cause they can’t move on from there evil undead goth gf

3 Likes

Citation given btw.

Holy carrot on a stick, I mean, I work 10 hour days, but 120 responses while I was away. I’m not reading all that. I’m assuming there’s a dead body up there somewhere stuck between a “nuffin’ wrong” post and a rant about cultural appropriation.

Instead, I’ll read the last few posts and smoosh my fingers into keys to generate an unsolicited opinion!

So yeah, the complaints of Forsaken players in particular about having to be the baddies? Utterly justified. Like, BfA took the filter right off. They were always a bit edgy, and prone to atrocity, but it was “generally” hidden behind things the Alliance doesn’t see, done to Scarlets, and often smothered in excessive dark humor.

But BfA? Look at the Darkshore warfront loading screen:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/804412.jpg

Heroic resistance fighters getting ready to ambush dastardly, poison spewing, nature hating zombies. Like a WWI nightmare crossed with the walking dead.

And the thing about that? At Darkshore, it is basically 100% accurate.

Heroic Forsaken? They get dead real fast. …I mean, the other kind of dead. The one where they get the Azeroth equivalent of the zombie double-tap.

Frandis Farley - Criticized Garrosh’s impending Theramore campaign. Blown to bits because Malkorok was a full blown psycho.

Desolate Council members (various) - peace seeking, compassionate people. Nearly entirely butchered by their own leader for largely imagined disloyalty.

Thomas Zelling- an interesting character developing as a normal person would with the sudden becoming of a Forsaken. Shot dead by Sylvanas for personal disloyalty (this one was at least not entirely made up of delusion.)

Forsaken deserve to have some more genuine hero moments, like other races manage to get. They don’t need to be blasting anyone else in particular in the process, nor does this need to redefine their race by any means. Just not being cast as the baddie and let them be a bit heroic. With Sylvanas gone, at least, there’s a better chance of this, and Bannerbae is a vague, if positive sign. It just needs to actually happen now.

15 Likes

night elf fans > fake night elf fans that have some bizarre compulsive hatred for other players

He’s literally only talking about the cinematic where Tyrande did NOTHING, she just stood there, he’s not talking about the Nathanos fight. During the scenario she killed a bunch of red shirts, spared Belmont literally right after she got done saying “I’m not going to spare anyone of them!”, got saved by Malfurion from Shredders and then was laughed at by Nathanos while she couldn’t fight him on her own and needed Malfurion again to save her from him so she could fail to stop him from turning night elves into horde soldiers and killing a valk that did nothing.

There is no throwback to WCIII here, this is just more BS, they presented it exactly as they wanted to, which was to show Tyrande being diminished and needing a power up just to fight the horde but failing anyway, she didn’t even participate in the Warfront.

There are ones in Boralus after8.1, we don’t know that they didn’t see the transformation. We know not all of the night elves eyes change permanently and we see examples of this even in night elves that participate in the warfront don’t all have black eyes. The interview you linked said that night elves have their eyes change that color when they are fighting under that dark moon, we know that some didn’t have their eyes change and we don’t even know how much of the night elf army is even part of that, so we know Terran is wrong.

This all started because you said the night elves weren’t there, which they definitely were, in force that rivaled the other races representation, the alliance wasn’t missing many of its forces there. It’s stated several times that the alliance is running out of troops and have very few soldiers left, they are risking it all here because whatever advantage they had in 8.1 was completely erased in 8.2 because of classic blizzard consistency.

1 Like

No throwback to wc3 heh I feel like the people who complain the most never even saw the content they are complaining about

1 Like

I’m talking about the cutscene and the scenario, it wasn’t a throwback to WCIII. Just the warfront, which Tyrande wasn’t a part of. Malfurion was trying to tell Tyrande what to do in WCIII, trying to forbid her from freeing Illidan, she didn’t listen because Malfurion didn’t know what he was talking about, but the trash Terran is talking about isn’t a throwback.

2 Likes

This is not true. Heroic moments for forsaken might not fit the thematic of a knight in shining armour slaying the dragon, or rescuing damsels, but its kind of absurd to think that forsaken players never want to see their npc’s and their faction portrayed in a positive light.

4 Likes

It’s reflected the same in the scenario:

Malfurion Stormrage says: Let us strike as one.
    Tyrande Whisperwind says: No. Wait for my signal before you attack.

Tyrande Whisperwind says: We do not stand alone. Now!
    Malfurion Stormrage says: Your end has come.

Malfurion Stormrage says: I will hunt them down.
    Tyrande Whisperwind says: No. Our forces gather. We will settle this another day.

There are Night Warrior customization units in Boralus that were not present in the scenario.

Or when fighting on behalf of Elune. As there are Night Warrior customization Night Elves in Boralus away from the dark moon, it seems fighting on behalf of Elune is the only necessary qualifier.

Blizzard cannot be wrong with their own product. They are the ones that dictate what lore is. Regardless if it makes sense or not.

I said the Army of the Black Moon was not there. Which I still hold is true.

If you like Blizzard inconsistency, Jaina also says the Kul’Tiras fleet is back and searching for Sylvanas after N’zoth’s defeat, so Blizzard’s inconsistency shows the losses of 8.2 were undone for the Alliance, if not for the Horde. So your clinging to the idea of the Alliance ever having been on the verge of losing is unfounded even by Blizzard’s inconsistency.

Right… To be totally up-front with you guys, it’s my bad, straight up. The obvious lore contradiction with Sargeras and his encounter with the eredar was clearly documented in the Warcraft III manual. I wrote those bits about four years ago, and to be totally honest, I simply forgot. Genius, right?
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Metzen_on_lore

1 Like

Thank you for proving my point. Metzen forgot something. And now what he wrote while having forgotten something is canon instead.

1 Like

He was wrong, and admitted it however. Even took the time to explain why he was wrong.

And now he’s right, and the old lore is wrong.

2 Likes

But you said Blizzard cannot be wrong, which I just proved isn’t true.

And you proved that what I said is true, since what Metzen was “wrong” about he is not wrong about now.

1 Like