What happened to Tirisfal?

You guys literally had an entire expansion devoted to how badass, unstoppable and invincible you were, what more do you want?

What concoction of drugs are you on to get that impression? And could I have some because if 8.3 is going to be this repeating content for 8 months I’m going to need them to keep having fun.

16 Likes

Cataclysm says hi? lol, you can’t be this desperate for sympathy that you’re actually trying to purposely forget that expansion ever existed.

The only time the Horde has won this entire expansion was during the War of Thorns – which didn’t even occur during this expansion. Everything else was an Alliance victory.

1 Like

Overall Darkshore should’ve been the OG Horde and Goblins fighting the Nelves (with supporting Draenei and Worgen)- who they have had a lasting war front with for 15 years.

And Arathi should’ve been the Forsaken and Sin’Dorei battling against the OG Alliance factions + gnomes.

With guest appearances from the allied races to spice things up. Have the Nightborne & Dark Iron turn up to Darkshore have the Mag’Har/ Highmountain & Velves / Lightforged turn up at Arathi for a rotating fun battle.

The Zandalari and Kul Tiran fight should’ve been a new EBG on some island between the two. Instead of Fortnite Azerite Grab which is what we got.

3 Likes

There are Forsaken seen in the Horde camp at the beginning and end of the cinematic.

Given the presence of the Defilers in the Arathi world quests, I’m actually inclined to believe that the Alliance got the canon win of the Arathi Basin Battleground along with the Arathi Warfront, similarly to the Alliance getting the canon win of Warsong Gulch after Siege of Orgrimmar.

I agree with the rest of the premise of your post, though.

They added it specifically because they wanted to show Tyrande being in charge and Malfurion respecting her taking lead. Same as for the cinematic, as Terran Gregory says at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEHc8le_Qpk&t=56m36s :

This is of course a call back to that classic Warcraft III image. Where the male Night Elf, female Night Elf are just standing right side by side, the Druid here, the female in front, female in front because that’s the Night Elf culture from Warcraft III, right? The Sentinels. The matriarchal society. And so she’s at that forefront, Malfurion, who we just saw how powerful Malfurion is in this whole film, but he is clearly in a position of being “second in command” here. So if he was that wicked, what is that by power of transference mean about how powerful she could be.

That just means your initial premise is wrong:

As we see there are Night Elves that witnessed the transformation but do not have Night Warrior customization and are not part of the Army of the Black Moon, and there are more Night Elves, such as those in Boralus, who did not witness the transformation and are still part of the Army of the Black Moon and empowered by Elune.

This has always been Blizzard’s way. Inconsistency doesn’t mean it’s not canon.

Derek Proudmoore should be ashes, and that is inconsistent, and yet it is still canon that he had a well preserved body under the ocean instead.

1 Like

I’m full pipe dream now but imagine this as a full feature. Warfronts are a major feature with a full PvP option.

Darkshore and Arathi are still the staging ground but everytime the bases are knocked down a new race takes charge with new support NPCs you can recruit and new mini bosses and threats you’ve to contend with.

It’s Forsaken versus Humans. Then it’s Sin’Dorei VS Dwarves/Gnomes. Then we do something completely different and it’s Mag’Har against the Velves and Highmountain against the Lightforged.

Keep the map layout and overall goal the same but change the players as to make it feel like an extremely different experience every couple of weeks.

Also keep it to the main factions who have legitimate reasons to kill eachother over the land so the war is hell bit can continue without feeling disingenuous. Have a Forsaken Apothecary weeping ceaselessly over a grave he dug because his wife he loved well past death due us part just got too exploded to be put back together. Have an inconsolable Lightforged screaming because the man she fought besides across a thousand worlds got obliterated by a Belf mana canon.

You know show the cost of war but also how the hatred the death it causes fuels it. Make an actual point with your story.

Or I don’t know. Ghost Boobs Bad Old Orc Sad - Purple Tentacles. So much better.

4 Likes

to raise dead nelves and to plunder resources for sylvana’s war

Okay first off - the Undead Nelves are irrelevant to the Horde. We interact with a couple in one War Campaign quest, see some scattered around elsewhere during said quests and get to hear their truly god awful spoken word poetry in Tirisfal more recently.

They were more relevant to the Alliance than the Horde. Which leads me to at least pray they’re a skin option for Nelf Hunters and Rogues down the road.

As for resources…

THAT WAS LITERALLY THE POINT OF THE ENTIRE ORC VS NELF FIGHT SINCE DAY ONE!

The Forsaken and Humans also fought over territory and resources. It was backwards.

13 Likes

It’s a war about the alliance vs the horde I mean you want the horde to just let the alliance take territory

And you and the players may not care about the undead elves but they are vaulable to the war effort in the story at least it’s easy to think why

The forsaken have zero history, zero interest in Kalimdor at all. The invasion army was predominantly orcs, which some how turned into a forsaken garrison. Anyone can plunder resources, and only the valkyrie can raise the dead.

3 Likes

It’s not the forsaken vs the alliance lol it’s the horde vs the alliance

1 Like

Undead nightelves are a curse on both factions.

1 Like

What are you talking about you silly moo?

I wanted the Horde to be in Darkshore. I just wanted it to be the Orcs, Tauren and Trolls. And the Nelves, Worgen and the Draenei fighting them- as they’re the races that are a physical match to them.

You couldve also done some poignant stuff like a Tauren and Nelf Druid who are friends trying to kill eachother. Have an Orc warrior regret killing a Worgen commander because of her fierce combat prowess. Have a Draenei feel just misery at killing a Darkspear Hunter because he, as another tempest tossed race, understands his foe was fighting for home- not hate.

But instead we had Orcs fighting humans over one of the most important relics of their history. And Forsaken blight bombing Nelves for no reason at all.

When the Forsaken share the same history of the humans and simply want to remake things in their new image. And the Orcs just want a place in this alien world.

The warfronts twisted around the players so the Horde could be dumb baddies.

9 Likes

The darkshore warfront is meant for the alliance to get revenge on the horde for the war the best face for them to kill is forsaken and for alliance players we did fight orcs and trolls in the scenario to unlock the warfront

The horde always been the baddies

Thank you for so succinctly summarizing my point. The Horde were pointless canon fodder villains and the Alliance were Power Rangers in the storyline.

The Forsaken were just there to get killed by the Nelves because that was their only feasible purpose in Darkshore storywise.

And this is why I get angry when Nelves mewl like this expansion was an injustice to them. The Forsaken never get to be heroic. Against the Lich King - the architect of their misfortune - they were the pricks who ruined everything for everyone.

How about BFA when I got to see my favorite city and zone ravaged? Do I get some lovely note about how the Forsaken are desperately fighting for Stromgarde so they can have a new city that cuts off Alliance intervention at the Thandol Span? Because ya know they’ve been fighting in Arathi for 15 years?

No. See above. Nelf fans can say whatever but at least Tyrande is rightfully mad at Anduin. We’ll be lucky if Voss is in the background. Which itself is a whole separate topic.

14 Likes

Well it’s a two faction game you wanted darkshore to have nuance so the horde feels better but there’s no nuance about genocide blizzard focused on the alliance on 8.1 after beating us down for 8.0 it makes sense for what happened the alliance are heroic and the horde are the baddies If you want nuance the Saurfang quest is there for you

1 Like

Well most Forsaken fans never ask to be heroic. They call it boring or claim that it’s “too much like the Alliance” while they shun any leader that doesn’t lead them down dark paths. They relish in being evil. They were fine with burning Teldrassil and doing bad things until they were told it would mean Sylvanas could no longer be Warchief because of it. Maybe you’re an outlier but that’s basically what I’ve seen when it comes to most Forsaken players.

3 Likes

Citation needed.

Seriously you seem to be a GD poster that wanders over to paint the Forsaken posters in the story forums as if we’re them.

I don’t care what people disinterested in the story want. They can play literally any other game if they want undead to be synonymous with edgelord nonsense.

Warcraft is supposed to be the setting that gives the traditionally evil fantasy races nuance. They even gave twists on the ‘good races’ by making High Elves drug addicts and gender flipped the usual roles of Wild Elves. Also they made humans the least effective and most boring race which was neat.

8 Likes