What happened to the green text people?

I would say about half no longer play the game actively. I wont speak for them, but I imagine that means they are no longer going to post either if that’s the case.

Around April I took on a new project and have been extremely busy with that. Most of the free time I had to post here has gone into that, the guild, or the channel and other ventures.

I have pretty much given up on posting here though.
I still read some threads, but just never actually post because its the same negativity thread after thread coming from a perspective of no solution.

Doesn’t really feel like actual discussions happen here anymore, sadly.

Originally, I had hoped that after years of going through this with friends and guildies and helping them move past it, I might be able to help people here too.
I am just not able to convey my thoughts properly in text I suppose.
Unsure what’s the issue honestly.

It seems to go really well over voice, and really poorly here.
I’ll take the blame, but I can’t help but feel like, unlike with my guildies and friends, the complaints here are not being made looking for a resolution.

If that’s true, then ya, nothing to really talk about any more around here.
I do not think the game is bad, so kind of just on the outside looking in!

4 Likes

I stand corrected :grin:

I usually see them in the Arena forums.

I have recently seen Bluespacegoat who is just fabulous. Helpful, well-written, and kind!

For me, if I woke up and saw Wild with green text, I would probably just start posting on a different character. I don’t think I could handle the pressure.

GD is the only actual community this game has, it sure isnt in game.

No way.
Its the exact opposite for me.
I have tons of amazing conversations and interactions in game, with my friends and guildies, and also on streams and youtube videos all the time.
This place, and places like the wow reddit, are the opposite.

A vast majority of what is posted here any more is not posted in pursuit of enjoyment of the game.
It had turned into a place to vent your frustrations long ago, and I was fine with that for a while, but now it has crossed another threshold into a place where a bunch of people can get satisfaction about how unhappy they are with the hobby they are choosing to engage in.

Took me a while to see that, but that seems insanely unhealthy to me, and I want nothing to do with it.

4 Likes

Shadowlands broke him.

Most likely they left or are busy in game.

Not shadowlands, that’s for sure.
Just realized that I was constantly surrounding myself with people who are not pursing happiness from their hobby and I do not want to be around that.

The game is amazing, in my eyes.
Miles better than BFA, and I had no issues with BFA.

But I face enough stuff in game with people, between leavers and slackers.
No reason to find worse out of the game.

3 Likes

…wow. I knew that guy had issues. Didn’t know they were like that, though. Thanks for the catch up.

2 Likes

The greens usually came out in force just before or during the happy, happy ‘new toy’ phases of the xpac.

Guess those phases have been getting shorter (or even non-existent) for too many players recently, including the greens.

I think they do, you just have to know where to look and how to respond. I’ve come to realize credibility and reputation play a huge part in how you’re treated around here. Just like anywhere in real life…

Not saying you do this, just saying in general… Talking at someone instead of talking to them instantly turns a thread sour. People do that all the time, especially the folks on the side of Blizz. A potential discussion instantly turns into a debate.

This forum is pretty bad though, but I don’t think its a lost cause.

I thought you were going to say wearing a red shirt in a Star Trek episode. :slight_smile:

Waidmann made it for me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, there’s my belly laugh for the day. The small echo chamber of complaints is the “actual community.” Y I K E S.

You do realize hes trolling right but thats what makes this funny.

How can I get green text?

Surprised Metro is still an MVP.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’d imagine they’re more in the support section.

Being a green text here has to freaking suck in general discussion. Back in the old forums one of them even gave up the MVP status just because they got sick of the crap flinging from other forum users.