What happened to the green text people?

I thought it was weird for someone to be called a MVP and given special text outside the help and support forums.

1 Like

I actually do wonder if he thinks he’s acting like a forum hero for real.

Either way, yes, it’s increasingly hilarious :smiley:

Ikr its sad.

They were sent to the Activizard gulags. We’re all next.

They’re around, I saw one not long ago.
Getting called Blizzard shills all the time gets old though I’d imagine.

Yeah Crepe was cool. Liked him. Good riddance to the rest of them.

They’Re all playing FFXIV…

1 Like

I think I know what the issue is.

You stick your nose in the air and act like you’re above it all but the YouTube linked above shows you’re just as toxic as the people you complain about and I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I’ll be damned if I get lectured by a hypocrite.

Guess you shouldn’t have memorialized that if you wanted to act holier than thou.

18 Likes

Make me the moderator. I’ll make mvps people with valid and logical posts. Like myself. Not just random selection like now.

For some reason, whenever I walk in a place, people assume I’m the manager XD… or otherwise an employee… it’s odd having to tell so many people you DON’T work there.

1 Like

I had a job interview and we went out to lunch, there were I believe 10 people and myself. At the end the waiter gave me the check thinking I was the boss, everyone thought it was funny. I pointed out I was the only one in a suit, I’m a lab geek and you don’t wear nice clothes because you spill stuff and ruin them.

EDIT: The MVPs took a lot of flack when Blizzard stopped posting here since they were the only ones representing Blizzard that players could interact with on their boards and people were becoming frustrated. I suppose there was some validity to the complaints, that YouTube video is insulting to everyone here, but I figured they’d need to disappear as well given the level of frustration some have with Blizzard (I’m not innocent in that regard).

1 Like

Isn’t that the one who name shamed people(folks who play this game) in one of his streams on the utube? If true the dude should be stripped from a mvp spot.

1 Like

Well, I think he’s right in some respects but not so much in others. Just broadly, I do believe he’s right that the devs are not purposely trying to kill WoW. I mean, that’s an absolutely ridiculous notion and when I see people saying that on the forums, I can’t take them seriously.

On the other hand, I do believe Blizzard has lost its way and they’re incompetent in some respects. Or, if not, they’re being made to make certain decisions based on metrics and money instead of player enjoyment.

Having said that, for the first time since I started playing the game 15 years ago, I’m finding myself having to figure out ways to play in order to make the game fun. Before, the game was just fun. I shouldn’t have had to make the decision to not play until catch up mechanics are in, for example, or until flying is in because the terrain is just too frustrating to deal with at this point, this feeling of my time being wasted. I’m not someone who has historically hated on Blizzard. In fact, I never did until Shadowlands. But, things are seriously different now, and maybe they’ve always been getting different and it’s only just now gotten to me.

Whatever the case, WoW has some serious problems with direction and design, and the only logical reason for that is either incompetence or not having a clue what players actually want because they’re spending too much time looking at metrics.

But, are they actively trying to destroy their own game? Absolutely not.

1 Like

Let’s be honest, this place is a cesspool most of the time. If you have a different opinion about something you get shouted into oblivion in any thread you dare enter.

I just lurk around, post every now and then when I feel like it. I probably have deleted replies to garbage posts a hundred times more than I actually post around here because unless it’s an echo chamber, what good is it? You’re just screaming into the void.

1 Like

I don’t know. The forums, while critical of the game, seem much nicer now than I remember them ever since I started in wrath. I know it’s weird to say and maybe reflects changes in how I post or it’s the cycle of the internet culture. I kind of think maybe we’re just getting used to each other after so long.

You are conflating two different topics.
I am not debating toxicity or whatever else is being said here.
I am talking about the threads where people are seemingly asking for help, and then fight you when you try to give them it.

You will not be convincing me that I am not right about the segment of the community I made that video referencing though.
That is a huge huge issue with this game, and a big reason why I do not post here any more.

I am only interested in conversing with people who are actively pursuing enjoyment from the game, and the people I was discussing at that point were clearly not.

sure they do… if you want to talk about ffxiv. :upside_down_face:

Ya, what gives? :thinking:

Barely seen any greens/MVPs recently myself (…other than in this thread).

Maybe the higher ups/bean-counters at Blizz HQ decided to include them with the layoffs? Or cut their pay?

I’d place money on the theory from earlier that MVPs just aren’t enjoying it much either, saw one earlier this week explain in another thread that that was why they didn’t come to forums much anymore, like everyone else SL was just sapping their enjoyment, admittedly I’ve been more caught up in mount/rep farming for Lord of the Reins than 9.1…

what pay?
they’re just players.