What happened to the dev teams that were so strongly against RDF?

Sweet take dude.

The “community” are the guilds, friend lists, discord, etc. Not some random person forced to run to a dungeon or someone just trying to get a quick dungeon in, after work. If you guys looked at it as opportunity to meet more people and add them to discord, friend list, etc. You would get to make more friends.

3 Likes

I think we all need to be 100% honest here. RDF or no RDF - most who are pugging a bunch of dungeons are “making friends or influencing people”. I am sure a few do but I suspect the vast majority (imo) don’t. I don’t buy the whole “community” non-sense either with or without RDF.

What I said about caring about (server) community is NOT about making friends.

I know how to do that. I have a ton of WoW people I still talk to (even though 90% of those who think like me have quit over the same stuff). I’ve run guilds that last for years etc.

It is about caring about a joint experience on a server for me and is also about being told that I shouldn’t care about 90% of the servers burning to the ground, or care about having to uproot and move over and over again, by people who think I’m talking about making friends when I care about FAR beyond that.

As I said, I get what I want in Era, I’ve moved on. I still want to have Tippytaps back on this.

My posts support RDF, and I would have supported it more had people simply been respectful about what I care about. Posts like yours that absolutely fail to understand my point and downplay what I care about are what exactly what has been frustrating. Thank you for showing flat out what my problem is.

Good times here! :rofl:

no intent to dogpile, I mean the “respectfully” part.

This is always what I meant by the community isn’t mainly in game, its via discord and what community is in game is based around those discords and guilds.

2 Likes

Sorry, you are getting what YOU want…not everybody wants the same things. I have been through 3 guilds and the only time there is any activity is when joyous journeys is going on. After, it died off. Literally, goes from 15+ people on (most leveling alts) to only me being on, most nights.

The “community” is in a capital city and everyone sitting there, spamming chat for a group…I guess. Or, waiting to be summoned?

Wait, but RDF causes that kind of behavior!! :clown_face:

1 Like

ya but now some will be afk instead of having everyone spam chat with a copy/paste msg like a neanderthal bot

see much better

1 Like

Hello Blizzard Apologist. I know its pointless to talk to you but why oh why have you sold your soul to Blizz? Why is it sacrilegious to hold Blizzard to any standards. I mean they shouldn’t even have to try and we should just deposit %'s of our checks to them… amirite?

Which is always the case and has been for almost 17 years. The reality is after vanilla the open world serves no purpose and this notion that it ever did is odd.

There were a lot more subs back in the day, I was in a good guild, too. There was always people questing, doing BGs, farming in the open world. Yes, there were people sitting in capital cities, as well. But, it was always more active (even with smaller servers), than this hot mess…even on mega servers.

1 Like

because the game was always attracting new players and ppl were more casual

this game isn’t attracting anyone new and almost everyone is a tryhard.

1 Like

And people now are more end game oriented, with more resources to optimize things. Not to mention wow is not as popular as it was at that time. It’s just how it is.

I guess that I don’t see a community based on a server in a Discord the same way as you do. Since 2004 I’ve included things like server forums as a big part of the server community.

Your opinions are fair enough though.

What does this even mean? I quit Wrath because there were too many things about it I didn’t like. Do you think you’re talking to someone else who hates on RDF because of community? That’s never been me and none of my posts even hint at that.

Yes, people raid log in or hardly play with Wrath guilds. No disagreement.

This has nothing to do with what I’m talking about and I think you are intentionally ignoring what I’m saying completely and reading something that you made up in your mind or that came from someone else.

This is EXACTLY what my problem has been on these forums since that RDF announcement. I talk about not liking to see servers dying and you talk about something completely different and completely ignore what I care about and have always cared about. Then you’ve got people who also don’t read what I’m saying agreeing with your assumptions. Thank you again for proving my point.

1 Like

100%

This used to be a huge focus on these forums too.

Now it’s not. If you talk about how much you care about this stuff you’ll get people going at you who make stuff up that you didn’t even say just as I did there in the most recent post. Then the even sadder part is you get others agreeing and dogpiling who also apparently aren’t good at reading more than 15 words in a post because they all make up the same garbage or believe the guy who didn’t read a word except “community” who just talks about “making friends” because the core issue frankly goes right over his head. That’s the extent of these forums now. :frowning:

Very true. My guild thankfully was only on Earthfury and then went to Faerlina. So that was only one server transfer, not the 4 that you sadly had to endure. There was no way we were free transfer moving over the queues because we knew what would happen and we were right.

Yep, I get and agree with you 100% and I really did want to reply to you to say that even though I knew it would likely result in the reaction that it did.

I’m hurt, if you’re going to quote me, at least tag me gosh.

On a serious note I fully said that as well, and around that time I was very active on empathy and apathy on this topic, and you probably saw me say it.

It came from a hard place of being jaded. I’m just a drop in the ocean but having since phase 1 of classic, I’ve been ostracized repeatedly. I main rogue. Always have and always will. It first started with SM runs. If you weren’t a tank, mage, lock, priest, you weren’t running SM. Slowly it became just mage, lock, priest. Even for groups that weren’t spell cleave, they wanted as much as possible. Melee cleave started in response but the focus was on shamans and warriors with the spinning axe. Rogues were still second place. I eventually quit around the 50s and didn’t come back till phase 4 with some friends.

We’re 60 now and can’t get into a zg because we aren’t BWL geared. That was a common reason for our group denial. Sometimes they’d take my friends as one could offtank trash as a warrior and the other could heal, but I as a rogue, was still put on the back burner. I went from parsing 99s in mythic uldir prog to having old men scream at me because I couldn’t dps as much as a bwl geared rogue with world buffs and full consumables. Shocker right.

Move onto tbc, and I’m once again back to parsing at least purps and grinded my BPA to respectable high purps and oranges. So I’m fine right? Nah, I’m playing rogue and despite out dpsing and being a mechanically better player than most, I was ostracized from most groups for not being a lock or hunter. Fine, if a group would rather take a hunter who does half of what I do, then it’s not a group I want to be in, but it locked me in a toxic guild that put me last for glaives despite being the highest average performer because I wasn’t the GM’s husband, and the guild existed solely so he could get glaives. I only saw a handful of guilds recruiting for a rogue in TBCC, and those guilds were still doing SSC/TK prog during BT and Hyjal. The guild had a massive split and I did end up being first prio but my lucky story isn’t the happy ending all rogues had during TBCC.

Move onto LKC and I’m suspended within the first 7 hours of launch for ratJAM. A simple twitch emote of a rat dancing. The nexus general was filled with it, and filled with people who didn’t understand as they lacked the addon. While we enjoyed our dancing emotes, they spammed an equal amount of verbally telling us that were all reported. I caught a 10 day. My friends and those that became friends with me for a short time during launch did not. I still have the screen shot of blizzard telling me of my suspension. The reason is blank. It is literally blank. That’s what the community does to my almost 20 year old account. It ostracizes me for my class, despite my performance, and they have no problem seeing official punishment to me over their own ignorance.

So I am jaded when people talk about community. I have been met with almost nothing but anger, yelling, gross fat balding middle age men having melt downs over pixels, been ignored and passed by, felt unwanted unreasonably, and the icing is official punishment for liking a rat dancing.

My community is those I’m close to, those handful of people who didn’t care that I played rogue and let me show them how I preform, those who may have thought I was weird but never sought an account closure against me. It’s very few in comparison to the, what, 20k peakish on mankirk? It’s why I view the vast majority of wow players as just NPCs at this point.

Yesterday in HC, my girl asked me why I just rip tags from people, and I responded with “I don’t care about these NPCs”. It was an instinctual response, I didn’t think to say it. It quite literally was second nature. I go out of my way to report the smallest infractions in game now, because I’m still jaded. Why should I care for people who didn’t care about me for years.

So when “community” is thrown in my face as the reason why I can’t level a healer alt through instance spam, I go straight to 10. I do not care about being nice and cordial anymore, because that reason is possibly the worst reason to present to me. I’d rather have someone say that they just quite frankly don’t want me to spam instances, as that’s more understandable than telling me that the thing that I had to actively fight against to play the game is once again the reason I have to actively fight to play the game.

If anyone else said what you said, I would have just quoted them and mocked them. I wouldn’t have said any of this. But I like you moo. You were always the nicest person here. I feel like you would have taken my rogue to content in TBCC. Im not saying this to justify myself, as I only need myself to believe in myself, but I wanted to share my reasons for having the opposite stance to you. I of course am not asking you to agree, just want the reasons out there.

I guess I should be less jaded. It did happen a year ago. Even when you’re not trying to, I’m still learning a thing or two from you.

4 Likes

the head dev was fired who probably had a lot of say in it being removed.

2 Likes

The forums are trash on this, the quote feature should clearly notify you if someone does it, but if you’re responding to someone else you won’t get a notification. It’s infuriating.

It was a playful comment. Moo wasn’t calling me out specifically, despite what she said being a thing I have very much said many times.