What happened to flying?

So if you didn’t play DF you’re SoL cool I’ll really think about coming back now

3 Likes

Some of us have no button, anywhere. I have Skyridding on 3 toons, and Master Riding on all my others. No button on the mount tab, no button on the general tab, no button under Skyridding on my 3 that do have it.

3 Likes

I addressed that:

3 Likes

Not everyone spends every waking moment researching upcoming WoW changes.

4 Likes

Dragonriding should not be the default.

Imo they should just let u pick individual mounts that you want to dragonride on and which you want to skyride on.

I liked having both options available so that I could have the option of getting to places quickly if I needed to travel the map or could easily go slower without worrying about wasting vigor if I was gathering. And not have to worry about a 5 second cast time to switch between the two every time.

6 Likes

K i work 80 hours a week and still find time to keep myself informed. Takes 30 secs to peruse the News page or wowhead (or reddit if you must).

Sorry, but in this day and age of info, if someone is going into something blind its completely on them.

GD: No spoilers on the forums! flag

Also GD: How did you not know about this particular obscure decision?

2 Likes

A game should not require me to visit the forums in order to use the basic functions of the game. It should be intuitive enough on its own

6 Likes

Are you like this in real life too?

Friend: Hey I need to run back to the store because I forgot to grab the milk while I was there.

You: Are you f-ing serious? Are you an idiot? How could you miss something that must have been right in front of you? You were in the store right? So you must have walked by the milk?

Friend: Oh my god what? I didn’t go by the milk isle. The rest of the items I needed were up front. I just forgot. It was an honest mistake.

You: lol omg Who doesn’t go by the milk isle on every trip to the store. Sure. There’s no way you didn’t walk by the milk. Unless you don’t know how to shop? You’re telling me you’ve been to grocery stores before and you still don’t know to go to the milk isle?

2 Likes

ya guys there IS NO BUTTON for some of us to click

1 Like

Grats, I guess?

I’m not arguing with you people about this, I’m just saying that there will always be those folks who don’t read forums, reddit, patch notes and whatever else, and then are confused by what happens in game.

But also, this:

3 Likes

I had to go to the Dragon Isles and complete the dragon riding quest for the button to show up on my main toon.

2 Likes

Im in the camp of people who dont have that button but it sounds like i have to complete DF starter quests so hopefully after that it will be there and all will be right with the world again!

1 Like

But it’s something you would have found in 3s if you looked.

Apparently you have to zone into Dragonflight and do the Dragon riding quest…

Ya, im not doing that for EVERY alt

I doubt you have to, I have alts that have never set foot in Dragonflight too, and they have the button.

That’s what you get for not reading THE WAR WITHIN PRE-EXPANSION CONTENT UPDATE NOTES.

That is a very helpful response. Thanks! But my question is why did I lose flying altogether for all of my toons? I think it’s a bug but there are so many “solutions” right now that I don’t know which path to do down.
Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Not being able to fly sounds like a bug, not an update. An update is skills being changed, new quest lines, new events, possibly new lands. No reasonable person would think that not being able to use a core feature that has been around since 2007 is an update.