What happened to flying?

All’s I know is, is that I am This far away → |---------| from making a give Druids all the flights megathread.

1 Like

Hi! I can’t fly either. There’s nothing in my spellbook re: flying and I don’t see the toggle icon on my “Mounts” interface. I have to do more research too as I have all the latest content (including yesterday’s huge update). Just know you’re not alone. Hang in there!

2 Likes

Hi I don’t have any options to fly either.

1 Like

Must be a bug or try relogging.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

lol.

somehow i get the feeling you think people run to you tube to get new about wow’s patches. there are also people who avoid twitter/X

the devs for wow stopped providing in-game notes at start up like they did years ago “what’s changed” disappeared into a text file dumped into a web page.

got all sorts of stuff going on in here.
would be helpful if people gave specifics.

to the people who can’t fly… have you at any point, trained skyriding?

or done the DF starter quests?

1 Like

Other than questing to level 60, I haven’t played since BFA. It’s rather short sited, as well as toxic, to have these kinds of responses. I came here for the same question, found the answer, but also confirmed toxicity from people like you are still around.

6 Likes

In order for the toggle to even show up on my main toon. (lvl 60 no dragonflight) I had to go to the dragon flight zone and complete the dragon riding quest. Until then I was grounded.

2 Likes

Thank you. I just started the quest line and only have done the first quest for it as when I first started playing again i went down the chromie remix path. I will try getting that one going and see if that fixes it.

There is a new icon you can add to your action bars located in the general tab of your spell book. There will be an icon for ‘Skyriding’ (it looks like a dragon in-flight), & if you click it, it opens a vertical column displaying all of the skyriding abilities. The very last ability in that column is ‘switch flight style’. You can click & ‘grab’ that icon & stick it on your action bar. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

There is a post by Mirasol MVP here that explains how to toggle Skyriding, and what you need to do to get steady flight (the old regular flying.) In the new expansion. Which is to complete the expansion campaign (pathfinder) and reach max level.

You can still do regular flying in past expansions by using the toggle for each mount you wish to ride.

Click on the green crown to the right under the vertical slidder bar to see the post. :slight_smile:

Welcome back.

Edited to add, oh yay the link worked! lol Ok, click on that link. lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I only have flight on my remix character, lvl 24, and my 2 60s I started Dragonflight with. No other toons, ranged 25-56 have flight at all. I have zero buttons to change to steady flight. Not in mount tab, not in general tab, no where. I am running zero add ons. I too have been away since mid Shadowlands or so, about 3 years. Flight is not auto unlocking for me period. So know that you are not the only one frustrated today

1 Like

Is that true?

1 Like

I read somewhere, that yes that is correct. You need to complete the dragonriding quest, it doesn’t take long.

If you have motion sickness like I do, it’s not too bad, at least I didn’t puke. lol Did get a headache and was dizzy, but didn’t puke!

And it’s quick. Since DF is open now to all players lvl 10 and up, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Edited to add, I’m not sure about this though. And Marisol didn’t mention it. It was also a few days ago, prior to the content update… So, I might very well be wrong here.

2 Likes

Yes. Was flying around Kul Tiras doing the old quest chains there and logged back in after the patch and couldn’t fly anymore. Can’t dynamic fly around Kul Tiras, but steady flight is available again after I completed Dragonriding quest.

1 Like

That is crazy.

The problem is that the button is NOT THERE for some of us. Yes we know it would be an easy fix….if we had the button. I’ve been playing for 4 months straight and last night my flight was stripped from me. No option to turn on sky riding whatsoever.

6 Likes

I’m logged in on a lev 60 character, have never touched dragonflight lands. There is no toggle/spell in the mount tab of warband collections, nor is there one in the general tab of talents & spellbook.

I am one of those that avoid twitter. However, last time I tried to ask a question, I got told by less than helpful players that if I want bliz to actually care, I need to post on twitter. So I guess I’m creating a twitter account.

2 Likes

Did you click on the sky riding option in the mount book?

1 Like

Check you mount page. It’s the button that says “Skyriding”

2 Likes