What "Fresh" Servers Look Like In Reality

And you can keep it all in classic

2 Likes

Roll over to TBC or go down the Classic + route, anything else is waste of time imo.

1 Like

It’s like baseball. They compete every year. Not just once and call it done.

That’s EXACTLY what it is. Just a bunch of envious people who weren’t diligent in their farming or started playing Classic late, so they’re behind. Rather than work to close the gap, they ask for everyone else to be pulled back.

1 Like

until level 30.

There was a guild that started up on a server with almost no Alliance a week or so ago, that apparently had 1000+ people in its discord, as a “Fresh” server. Those who want it are doing it.

:slight_smile:

Edit:

Here’s their forum post:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/fresh-reroll-experience-reinforcements-a-arcanite-reaper/697591

This also seems to be an incredibly good argument against merging servers. Give players agency to create the experience they want, by offering a diversity of player driven population balances across realms.

Saw that. I was thinking of joining them but it’s a pvp server and I don’t like pvp servers. I’m not against fresh servers. I was just responding to some one who claimed those who want them for BC aren’t trying to force everyone to start fresh. Many of those posting here for fresh are.

1 Like

Same, but then I realized that I have 3 level 60s, and am not in a hurry to reroll to start over.

Fair! I prefer PVP servers, but my first ever max level character (during TBC) was on a PVE server (and that was the only time I’ve played on one).

I suspect they are from the private server community, and I further suspect that they represent a very small minority of the WoW Classic playerbase.

2 Likes

I’m not for dividing the community with fresh starts. I don’t want character wiping or resets. People have worked hard to get where they are.

I want to have fun. Open world fun. Whichever way the servers go, I want less bots and world buff meta to pass on. I spend more time buff logged than actually playing. And yes, you’ll type: “It’s a choice. You don’t have to get them if it’s not fun.”

It’s meta for a reason. Kinda like football in the US of A and football in EU.

1 Like

Exactly! Imagine collecting all this cool gear to have it wiped. I have collected t1 and t2 full sets on my characters thus far and plan to keep them in my bank through BC as a time relic. Think about those who have gotten Strat UD and ZG rare mounts as well. I would be livid if I lost those after grinding weeks on end to get them

I plan to. There is a reason even polls have called it “CLASSIC BC” because it is still CLASSIC. Get over it, wipes aren’t happening. There will probably be some fresh servers for new players and those who wish to throw away all progress they made.

That’s what I was hoping for that they would make more than one option to transition into TBC.

I don’t understand the sentimental value for your pixel characters you play classic you had fun. Classic ends TBC starts who cares how you start

1 Like

People want fresh because they like the MMORPG feeling that it gives. You need to farm your gold, you can’t rely on boosters, or a main, world pvp is alive, no bots, people do dungeons again, you aren’t behind, you make new friends, you can try out new classes, the world is full and alive, etc etc.

It’s just a different part of the community. Believe it or not, some people play this game because it is a MMORPG, not many of them still exist nowadays.

If blizzard was smart they would create a couple “season” servers starting fresh, with some tweaks and changes, a faster release schedule, and operating under the premise that they will be reset again.

1 Like

Once again there’s nothing sentimental about it for most people. It’s time invested and ever increasing boredom when doing the exact same thing over and over again. Perhaps repeating the same game never gets old for you but most people can only repeat the same game a few times before they get bored with it.

1 Like

I think a lot of people care if they have to regrind 1-60 before they can play TBC just because a few people are whining about those who are willing to prepare.

How would it be the same game again if you’re getting a pre-made level 58 you’re literally going right into classic TBC.

No my vote was for a pre-made level 58 on servers.

And that would be a fine option for a handful of servers for those who want it.

First because I will have at least 3 60’s when BC comes out and all of them will have 300 on several profs. While I would prefer to just progress with all my alts I would accept a level 58 reset if I got one for each of my 60’s and I somehow maintained my 300 level profs. But I don’t care much about gear. Other people have spent time to get gear and don’t want to see it lost or nerfed. So do all the 58’s get Bis gear? It starts to get very complicated if we give people 58’s but don’t expect them to have to redo content they’ve already done on not just one but several alts

What exactly is it YOU want? To keep a server rotting in naxx forever just so you can keep jerking your e-peen and bragging about how you spend more time on the game than other people?

lol

1 Like