What Expansion Will You Level In?

Oh man… I just had a realization.

You can now go straight into Cataclysm 80-85 quests from Cataclysm 1-60 quests. Meaning you could have a Dwarf and go Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, Wetlands, Twilight Highlands.

Or a Horde character go Durotar, Northern Barrens, Southern Barrens, Thousand Needles, Tanaris, Uldum.

11 Likes

I think I’ll do WoD, which was a really fun expac before you got to the endgame. As for the being booted out of Chromie time, I’m not sure why they don’t just auto add a quest to your log with one of those hearthstones that let you do it at your leisure? Sort of like when you reach a certain bracket now and it goes “Outland or Northrend, hero?!”

I don’t mind mobs scaling down once you hit 50 though, just jarring to be instantly thrown out of where you’re questing.

1 Like

WoD and Legion, primarily. I’ll be so happy to never touch WotlK again.

2 Likes

I plan on leveling an Orc Blood Death Knight through WotLK.

I definitely want to do WoD on the Alliance side, but I’m not sure what character I’ll use for it. Maybe I’ll level a Draenei Mage?

1 Like

Wrath was the height of my WoW enjoyment, so if I level an alt, it’ll most likely be there.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dont-force-us-out-of-chromie-time-timewalking-journey/617686/375?u=riea-wyrmrest-accord

For anyone else concerned about the kick-out feature and it booting you out before you finish an expansion’s story.

3 Likes

OH BY THE WAY. PANDARIA has BROKEN AGAIN. Characters trying to get there get stuck, no matter how they try to get there. Now they could get this fixed before the pre-patch releases. I would assume and hope so, but on the safe side don’t leave alts there.

2 Likes

What!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 Like

That’s a real bummer I want to level in Pandaria :sob:

On the PTR or on live? Like you’re saying there’s no way in or out? Or the intro quest is broken?

Sorry I don’t think I was here when it broke the first time so if someone could catch me up I’d appreciate some context.

This is extremely likely to be fixed . This is similar to a previous issue they had last time they tested out scaling content, and I think they are fully aware and able to fix the issue, just that they don’t wanna roll out a new PTR build just for an issue they know they can squash.

On PTR. There’s no way in or out as far as I know, teleports, the engineering toys, the starting zone quest, any portal, etc. It just bricks your character forever. Stuck in the eternal void .

I would assume they will fix it before the patch goes live, but I do wish they wouldn’t make people wait over 2 weeks just to fix this. They could’ve done so on the PTR already and not choosing to do so feels weird to me because I feel like an entire continent being unavailable is a bigger issue than what they have been fixing.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I hate MOP with a burning passion and have never bothered to finish the content. BFA and Cata are also gross for me, so those three are hard NOPE. I’m also lukewarm on WOTLK’s leveling zones, though ICC is one of my favorite raids.

So either Legion, Vanilla, TBC, or WOD. Or, most likely, I’ll just keeping doing random PUG 5-mans to level because solo questing makes me want to fall asleep.

Ugh, I really hope they fix it quick before the pre-patch goes live. I literally have an alt in the Jade Forest right now, and I was hoping to keep on doing MoP as soon as pre-patch hit.

If they don’t fix this for whatever reason, I can see the GD forums right now…

1 Like

If they don’t fix it, they’d probably push the patch back. There’s no way they would let this get to the live game, I wouldn’t think. So really I don’t think you need to worry. But I figured I may as well tell people anyway, just in case.

I sure hope so, though I will say my trust in Blizz has been eroded over the years to the point where I’m nervously hopeful that they’ll do the right thing.

Well, we’ll see what happens come Tuesday. Hopefully I’ll log in to that Shadowlands login screen and music, and everything will work just fine.

1 Like

At this point, I have so many leveled things I’d only level something IF it was a new Allied race.

And probably BC or MoP. Maybe Cata for the fact I never finished a zone there completely besides Uldum.

So, for me…

It will likely be Wrath, MoP and WoD.

Wrath holds a nostalgia factor since it was the time I joined the game (albiet late Wrath) and started to explore Azeroth. MoP was the first time I actually moved to do content and was taking my first steps into the realm of RP. While I know some have ‘eh’ memories of MoP, I really enjoyed it since I found it great to be immersed in the inter-Horde conflict while it was fresh and cool. (and then BfA basically made a straight to home video version) WoD however still has my favorite in game music and was the first expac where i was well and truly committed to the RP scene… also it has the best leveling path.

1 Like

As figured, but yeah just to confirm. It will not be an issue for Pandaria!

Holds the mic close to his mouth, breathing heavily in his authentic scruffy red shirt.

BC…