What exactly is taking 9.1.5 so long?

You’re beyond unreasonable for the context of a videogame. You should not be taken seriously. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Let’s be honest here, most of the time is spent censoring the game.

Sure there is alot of tech things happening, but I mean you have what, at least 10 different teams from the developers to artists to the one class dev.

You can’t tell me that we don’t get respectable class balancing (no, uncapping the aoe doesn’t equal class balancing), no new (not rehashed, garbage recolored sets and content) content, amongst other things bc of qol changes (these changes should have been implemented in beta, not 2/3rds the way through the xpac.

3 Likes

That’s next reset.

Tick tock

You don’t seem to understand that humans interacting with humans is not a video game.

One day when you’re older you’ll see that the distinction between “IRL” and in a game has nothing to do with being on the internet or not.

renown 80 is not live yet: I.E “the catch up” for the big feature of swapping, That is next week. So figure renown 80 hits next week 9.1.5 will be released 10/26/21 or 11/3/21 latest.

I would lean closer to the 11/3/21 to give people that extra week to 'catch up" so release date will be announced next week, with the date being 2 weeks: 11/3/21 and a whole blue slog blog of 'catch up now to 80 so you can make the big swap to the covenant you should have been" etc etc.

I am without a doubt older than you as I started playing back in vanilla in my early 30s. From your demeanor you are late 20’s early 30’s that believes the know everything and how the real world works. You have probably had some hardships, but not anything dire and believe with these experiences it makes you an “expert” in the field of social sciences and humanities irl.

Based on that very simple inductive reasoning I can determine that you aren’t worth being taken seriously. It really is sad how delusional people have become. Overall though you aren’t hurting anyone, so continue on, but for me you just aren’t worth the time. Have a nice day. Again.

1 Like

There are definitely a few things in 9.1.5 that should have just been hotfixed in.

Drop rate of legendary powers to 100% is the first example that comes to mind. The infinite Torghasts + increased currency. Anything that is mostly just messing with drop rates didn’t feel like it had to wait.

Obviously stuff like Legion TW and mage tower would have to wait.

He said a lot of things about it, though I am pretty sure the term ripcord originated from a blizzard interview. Regardless if they said it didn’t exist they were lying, they could have added a fix at any time even if inelegantly. The ripcord we’re getting is four lines of text being changed and a quest being skipped based on a account achievement, nothing new in the code there.

Why would this even be a factor? They adding some new content that requires you to be renown 80?

It’s not like 9.2 is coming a week later or something. What would be the rush to get to renown 80 in the first place? Heck, it gets easier to catch this renown up every week anyway.

If they were seriously waiting on renown 80 and a catch-up window to release this patch, that would be as bad of a decision as… well, the rest of Shadowlands so far.

1 Like

The dev team is currently busy reworking several cutscenes so that Anduin randomly and without context breaks the third wall and says directly to the player “i am a strong trans woman of color” and everybody else in the scene cheers.

it wont make any sense, it wont fit the story but the important thing is that it will be stunning, brave and touch on current politics which is what the world of warcraft is about now.

1 Like

Well a rush to be renown 80 (and then have the renown 40 catchup on live servers). So you can set the floor for all alt spec and alts’ covenants to 40. So you can then passively work to final trait (not empowered). Just in prep for mage tower.

Perhaps taking time to reconsider their idiotic censorship spree…but probably not.

I wouldn’t say he was lying, You need to think of it like this…They don’t care. They will blatantly waste your time behinds gates like a cell phone game.

Don’t forget to also let us marinate in that torture as well…I would think earliest is the end of October maybe closer to when Halloween either leaves us on that reset

I never said blizzard makes sense, I am simply stating it is something blizzard would do because: Blizzard.

Also the long rumors been end of month/first week of November, The timing matches up with the “reason”, Even if this date is the most logical because it is a mid patch, there major push/blue post will indeed infuse: Get to renown 80 now so you can buy your 40 levels into your new covenant or some spin.

As said: It don’t need to make sense, it just needs to be blizzard logic we are not designed or adult enough to understand there choices.

Expansion to what?

Honestly after Firing 800 people, Covid, firing offenders, low pay, and others quitting in disgust over lawsuits… they’re probably running things with a skeleton crew

The bigger the company the longer things take. I don’t find it surprising that it takes 4+ months for small things.

Takes my company a year to deliver small software changes and we control 20% of the world’s economy :man_shrugging:

Endwalker 23rd of Nov, Thats why.

all they have to fight it is suggestions for SL that were in beta. And a hearthstone mouse.

2 Likes

Don’t know what everyone does at blizzard or job titles but they still have 9,500 employees, Those 800 people fire for all we know could have been Steve and his 10 buddies who rate staplers by shape size and usage.

Point is doubt it is a skeleton crew, A lazy bunch of peons sure, But skeleton crew? Dobutful

“Activision Blizzard was created in 2008, when Santa Monica-based Activision merged with the parent company of Irvine-based Blizzard Entertainment, and is the largest game company in the Americas. The company has 9,500 employees worldwide, with Blizzard Entertainment making up nearly half of that head count.Jul 28, 2021”