What exactly is taking 9.1.5 so long?

i think theyre still struggling with adjusting TW M+ and the MT. the timeframe for the two weeks for Legion was pushed back into December.

They too busy looking for more stuff to censor

3 Likes

Not exactly. Some classes have since changed from the days of Legion so just scaling the dungeon up to level 60 wasn’t enough. They’ve had to look at certain abilities and not only scale the damage done but also how it works in regards to certain things like tank mitigation.

In terms of damage dealt to you and the health of the mobs, I’d agree.

But Torghast wasn’t designed around awarding XP and since the floor layouts are all RNG based, this begs the question whether or not is XP normalized so that a single run will award you the same XP regardless if you get shorter or longer floors?

I suspect Blizzard would prefer a normalized experience so that you know you need to do X number of Torghast wings to level rather than it being RNG based entirely on the layout of the floors you were dealt.

See above, while the level tech is there, that isn’t all that’s needed to make these features accessible for the purposes they’re meant to cover.

Furthermore, its not uncommon to develop code in any code base that covers the needed requirements at the time of ship and if anything else changes that code will require some additional changes to accommodate anything new that has changed since.

You might think this is just bad practice, but it’s very commonplace and its a way to avoid the cycle of trying to account for all the “what-if” scenarios that may never happen to begin with, allowing you to focus solely on the scope of work that’s needed at that time.

Lastly, don’t forget that these developers were shoved into a development cycle where they have to do all their work from home.

If you’re not used to the idea of working from home, it actually takes a toll on the developer. It has a shock factor that settles in at about 6 to 12 months because you find yourself no longer surrounded by the social elements that you had grown used to having. For some, you find yourself depressed and struggling to focus because you feel alone, disconnected.

I transitioned from a work from office to work from home about 6 years ago. People often think of this as a dream, that’s its cool and that it has all these perks, but you quickly learn after being stuck in the same surroundings for weeks and weeks on end that you took many of the benefits of working from an office for granted.

You realize it’s hard to separate work from personal life and you eventually have to program yourself to make deliberate life changes to cope with how to manage your work and personal space within the same 4 walls while being productive. That does not happen over night, takes time, and everyone’s different.

1 Like

Gotta censor the no-nos so when they’re evidently found out to be actual monsters (again) they have something to prove they’re totally not monsters.

lmao.

1 Like

There is something worse than this, when the patch arrives it will have many bugs

Do you understand that you’re telling people who think spitting on someone is inappropriate to do the every thing they think is inappropriate?

That’s the pinnacle of bad advice, and suggests a lack of understanding of the situation.

You understand that players of the same faction can spit on each other, and that no PvP recourse exists in roughly 99% of those situations, right?

I’m just going to repost my previous sentiment. If it’s more important to you that people can spit on each, than preventing innocent players from being spit on, then you have issues that go beyond what emotes are available to you in WoW. There a BILLIONS things you can’t emote automatically. There are BILLIONS of things that would make better automated emotes, but you care that players can spit on each other…

If you’re the victim of abuse, it should be on the abused to take action…

Please consider what you’re suggesting. If you’ve never heard the phrase “this is why we can’t have nice things,” understand that it applies here because a bunch of immature players abused the spit emote, the rest of us can’t have it.

You don’t have even the most remote clue as to how much time and effort this work takes. It’s reasonable to say you hope it isn’t affecting content development, but to declare it a huge waste of time isn’t remotely within you capacity to determine. You’re scaremongering for a reaction.

The current game is being made non-offensive which could easily who knows how long. When that is done then 9.1.5 will be reviewed (no matter where it stands in development) and all offensive content will be removed. Then we will see it in the game.

Blizzard is too busy censoring everything duh.

1 Like

The reason for the delay is that Blizzard is planning to remove all instances of the letters “S”, “E”, and “X” from the game since if you put them together it spells… well, you know.

That kind of thing takes time, so y’all just sit back and be patient.

Swing and a miss

Just couldn’t keep their stuff in their pants they’re going to punish the entire player base for it yeah that’s the HR job to make the company worth working for not theirs and we definitely don’t need to be punished for their complete lack of morals. The only thing they need to do is stop censoring give us an apology and release the damn patch that is their jobs that is the only thing they’re paid to do and so far they’re doing a terrible job four months for this patch at 7 months for the last patch they need to get on it or be fired and replaced. I don’t care if I get banned for saying the truth they are completely terrible at their jobs and need to apologize to us.

2 Likes

they have alot of SJW garbage to remove cause people got offended and the only ones who gave a crap was teh dev (indie) team we have… thats what happen… instead of worrying about actual game stuff that matters…

You aren’t being ‘punished’ by the removal of these tools. Blizzard is also not being censored. That would suggest that must remove content to comply with some external force. They are not making changes because someone else told them to, they are changing things because they want to.

Censorship would be preventing you, with no good reason, from posting silly nonsense on the forums.

I don’t believe that the patch will be too long now.

My guess would be a core feature of 9.1.5 is the ability to change covenants free will at 80 renown on your first.

We have yet to hit 80 renown.

They’ve wasted 4 months censoring A patch that shouldn’t take longer than a month they are wasting their time they are wasting my money and they need to be working on 9.2 ASAP. They need to apologize for their incompetence and get to work

1 Like

I can care less about the changes they’re making, until they start feeling like the reason for content delays. This isn’t something they can do on the side?

My point is they’re not actually creating anything new to handle this. They’re tweaking numbers. Every class has an “aura” variable that gets adjusted for power. They’ve explained this before.

This is the end of 2021, not the beginning of 2020. This excuse doesn’t really work anymore.

I work from home, too. I get it. It’s an adjustment. But if it’s still an adjustment for anyone at this point, that’s an integrity issue.

As of today it’s already been “too long” for what they’re offering.

Ion told us time and time again that they had a “ripcord” to pull. Was he lying to us then? Is lying to your customers an acceptable business practice?

uh no? didn’t Ion literally state ‘there’s no such thing as a ripcord’??

November 23 is still a month away, more than enough time for the devs to change old content no one has cared about in a decade and a half.

The real question is when will 9.2 be. February? March? Dare I say April?

As much as I know people hate linking youtube folks, just watch the first 10 seconds of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Rr95h2EVs

I’m only posting this because I really don’t want to search the internet for the exact interview. If someone else finds it, great.

At this rate, IDK if that’s even reasonable to assume. I’d love to eat my words on this and say I’m wrong about everything. But I’m skeptical to know if we’ll even hear about 9.2 before the new year, with holidays coming up over the next two months.