What exactly is taking 9.1.5 so long?

WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?!?

Could have fooled me. 9000 artists, 400 coffee baristas, 50 yacht workers, 45 twitch monitors… let’s see that leaves about negative 15 people working on the game.

I have no special place in my heart for blizzard, but guys covid still delays stuff. it didn’t go away. Not everyone got vaccinated

Could be lol as said no idea who does what in that company but if we go with “nearly half” and just say “half” for sake of math that is 4,750 blizzard workers: I don’t think it takes 4,750 people to turn paintings into fruit but i could be wrong!

I feel for every company because covid sucked: that is true but shadowlands was before covid and they released a mess of a game and listened to ZERO feedback, Covid can take the blame for some dev time, but they released unfavored game design and just didn’t care.

MSpaint is like wicked challenging to operate. I once got my margins wrong, and well…my tater tot became a watermelon

I’m quick witted…
because I was like how the heck do tater tots end up looking like a watermelon

1 Like

Gave FF14 a try today and…not bad LOL! Not exactly sure how in the name of anything sensible Blizzard thinks 9.1.5 will compete with FF’s mew expac. Four months for the addition of details that could be totally hotfixed which instead takes 4 months.

Heck they still need to rename this patch so the word “Domination” is cleaned up and ensures no one is triggered.

1 Like

me and my wife played FF14, think we got through heavensward? Whatever exp that was either way, While fun just…wasn’t our cup of tea, to much talking, Alphnode is THE WORST and just to colorful and cheery and don’t match the tone.

“BEHOLD MY MEGA DEATH RAY ARMY!”

Little Cat person: “MEOW MR bad we are here to Claw-u-to-justice”

Bad guy: “de…dear god…/rubs bridge of nose”

Are you posting this outside? My friend was curious :face_with_monocle:

Ion later admitted that was a lie. There never was a ripcord. His introduction of that idea was intended to placate the playerbase, which was getting seriously worried about features that just sounded bad.

I knew he was lying when he told us during the beta that “We want to try to make this work, and we have a “ripcord” we can pull to fix it if it doesn’t.”

The fact is that by the time the beta was ongoing, it was already too late to rework the basis of the expansion. Shadowlands is something that devs wanted to do to players. They knew lots of people would hate the stuff that they’ve been forced to change for 9.1.5. But they probably figured they could just tweak a few things back a little and everybody would come back, wallets open, begging for a new 6 month mount. And besides, players are so addicted, no one would ever leave.

They’re still making changes that are all about making themselves happy, with zero consideration of what players are willing to pay for.

This is the expansion they thought they could turn casuals into fulltime hardcores by making them do hard content. So many things that failed in the past are back with a vengeance. This time they will make rating locked conquest gear work. If PvP has cratered, all it will take is more levels and a much bigger power gap to inspire casuals to…umm…quit? Adding titles to the top .01% of players for mythic+ achievement is surely going to bring back millions of casuals who will want to push rating hard for a chance at that title that…umm…none of them will care about.

They thought they could turn the game into a gigantic social engineering project to turn the playerbase they have despised for years into the playerbase they think they deserve.

In the end, they will get the playerbase they deserve.

3 Likes

Do you guys think theyll flat out scrap something they spent time and money on with no alternatives?.. nah.

They’re going to keep trying to make it work. Will the things they are trying have the effect of making the great vault feel more rewarding as a major source of gearing up, which we were told was its purpose? Will “gear will just be gear” start feeling good?

Given their very public issues, I would think that is obvious.

I could see it if they were going 2/4K on this. Layers party in photoshop for that as with 4k graphics…you can get granular as hell with the details with layer upon layer upon layer. when size is not concern, go to town.

Why every good mod junky has 1tb drives minimal or should. 3 gb for a handgun mod? Just 1 gun? Sure. See the texture person on the project went full bore creative…gots to have it.

Well, thats a bit of an overtake - they can keep doing that stuff during and after a patch, it can be an ongoing project. But hey, perhaps you are just taking the op to pull that hoary old topic out of the bag and throw it in the mix.

can almost guarantee it is planned to counter the coming ff14 expansion

meanwhile as to genuine content for wow, they’ve got a bunch of managers arguing how much should be cannibalized for the next major wow expansion

Not doubting you but if so not a solid call.

Korthia will still to many be drawn out grind fest for no really great return. AOE cap fixes…aoe was not the issue in korthia for me. It’s jsut not a rewarding daily activity.

I’d have one of my switch skyrims saves daily dwemer ruin rotatios as more rewarding lol. I get dwemer bits to melt down to ingots. to make dwarven bows. To level smithing. and make gold. And level weapons skills. So much done on a basic sweep and clear.

Yay…I’ve killed consumption. And rng gave me 2 things. Jack and crap. Awesome!

2 Likes

In a Preach interview, I believe he said there was no ripcord and now it’s being pulled. So he gaslit people at least 3 times. That speaks volumes about his Incompetence as director.

2 Likes

100% agree.