What Else is being Cut from Wrath?

Then you’ve leveled far fewer characters than I have, and more pointedly, fewer than I have pre-Wrath. I’m more likely to build alts with LFD than without.

2 Likes

If I stopped leveling alts past phase 2 I would also argue that pugging without LFD is perfectly fine.

However I do have alts post phase 2 and pugging is terrible because Blizzard took away most of the reasons people did heroics (people outgear them now, badges drop off of raid bosses and not required for attunement)

Congratulations, you having more characters doesn’t change why LFD should be in the game.

You just want a convenience or getting into groups sitting on your hands.

You’re the one that raised the concern of me buying another boost which we’ve cleared the context of that situation being an irrelevancy.

Bottom line is you want to shorten the amount of time you spend on WoW to reap the same reward as being inconvenienced to form a group manually. And I’m here to say I’m happy you can’t casually form groups sitting on your hands all day leveling all your Alts. LFD from a foundational perspective is more game changing than just your alone experience and it always will be, and I’m glad that they aren’t implementing it.

Well, with how badly they screwed Arena im not at all surprised.

If this is what they mean by #some changes id rather just go full no changes because at least we know what to expect.

hell if they were really about making max $$$$$$$$$$ then start up the ATR, it ran flawlessly until they turned it off in 6.0.

literally all the servers are basically an emulation; a virtual machine running the software, so what is the difference if we use a different VM to run the real game that I know is accurate and not a bug ridden pile of blizz.

2 Likes

To be fair you probably haven’t played retail since WOD.

But sure keep on spewing you’re wrong opinions my man.

And this will repeat in Wrath as we saw rather starkly in OG Wrath during T7-T9 raids. People did the dailies, but that was it, as you planned your emblem purchases based on how many bosses you were actually killing and what loot you were likely to see or replace.

Naxx10 is so dumbfoundingly easy that people can and will skip Heroics entirely. There are no attunements, there are no reputation requirements, and you don’t even need to be lvl80 to fly around. Folks will be doing Hodir dailies and that’s about it between lockouts.

Dungeons didn’t start popping off until LFD came out, because doing the daily gave you some current tier emblems and repeats gave you prior tier emblems. It made gearing up alts fantastic and people couldn’t gatekeep you for being insufficiently overgeared for it.

You propped up your leveling as an excuse for why you want to use a paid boosting service and you have the audacity to call anyone else lazy?

Bottom line is you’re flatly wrong. I’d spend more time in game with LFD, not less. L2read.

Precisely this. It is one thing to move forward to some known quantity that can fit, but retrograde nonsense is absurd.

5 Likes

I’ve played everything till end of season 1 bfa and then I “retired” my multi rank 1 arena account. My critique is from a pvpers view but if you can honestly defend bfa / slands even from a pvers rng time metric perspective the more powaaa to ya.

1 Like
  1. You know summoning stones are a thing right?
  2. So you want to continue questing afterwards. I guess you’ll have to run back or decide to quest somewhere closer to avoid a long commute. There are many zones, and the questing experience gain in wrath is increased making it far less significant for you to complete every zone as historically required.
  3. I’m going to be questing in outlands I’m not gonna spend time in dungeons cause it’s just gonna be faster that way factually.
  4. I’m sorry that your realm has a dungeon forming problem. I’m on Mankrik which is one of the horde dominated pve realm, been easy breezy getting any dungeon group together. There’s even a ton of players that are leveling Alts in preparation for Wrath release so even beginning levels of outlands right now are easy.
  5. He literally said he enjoyed times being idle which is the definition of doing nothing to find dungeon groups. You can reread his message if you would like clarity, but he literally did say that.

Spending idle time and being idle are not the same thing. Is English not your first language?

100% I already did some math, pretending that a 25 man raider only does 1 full lockout (naxx, EoE, Sarth) and doesn’t touch 10 mans will get as many badges as someone doing 2-3 dungeons every day for 5 days. So why would a raider ever do a dungeon outside the daily? Blizzard has already de-incentivized non casual players from doing heroics

1 Like

You would 100% spend less time playing wow factually due to the fact that forming a group manually isn’t a tool automating the group forming process for you.

You can’t skirt around it, you want the game to be handed to you by doing less with the LFD tool when the game doesn’t need it.

As for paying for the character boost yeah I would pay for a DK boost to avoid outlands cause my intention going into wrath is to play wrath. Im not ashamed of that, but it seems like you’re ashamed of the fact that you want a tool to make the game easy for you as you’re seemingly unable to admit that.

Play the game, don’t let the game play for you.

Your whole post felt like it was edging on thinly-veiled hyperbole, but this kinda seals the deal on that. Unless you haven’t heard that Achievements are officially announced?

…how is spending hours doing dungeons somehow LESS TIME SPENT IN GAME than not bothering with LFG spam and not playing that alt at all?

Holy crap you’re a terrible troll.

Given some of the things are already being discussed by Devs as on the chopping block or being changed, you might want to rethink that.

I had not yet, I can strip that out.

So you’re trying to argue the semantics between being vs spending.

I mean okay, being is the act of existing, and spending is the expenditure of an activity in its verb context. So I felt those two were basically synonymous given you stated you enjoyed spending idle time.

Not sure what you’re getting at.

Dual spec, faction change, race change and LFD were all parts of wrath and they decided they no longer fit the “classic mentality”.

Well neither does achievements

1 Like

None of those were officially announced for Wrath Classic but achievements were. Did you not read the announcement? Or is this hyperbole too? xD

One is doing something, one isn’t. Semantics literally matter in this context you spoon.

/headdesk

“Idle time” is a phrase, reflecting time able to be spent freely since it isn’t already dedicated to something else. If you don’t work weekends, you typically have gobs of idle time on the weekends for whatever it is you want to do. You can choose to spend that idle time doing a variety of things.

You’re a bad troll.

We aren’t going to get “official” announcements, we’re only going to get ad hoc statements from the Classic Dev Team’s Twitter feed and their IGN interviews where they have addressed these things.

Stop being deliberately obtuse.

before yesterday nothing was officially announced and we’re still getting tweets from devs after the fact about what is happening or not. We were getting dual spec and now we have tweets that dual spec makes him nervous.

So are we getting wrath or not?

Also if you’ll notice…achievements aren’t listed as a feature neither on the website or in their official stream where they announced it

https :// wowclassic.blizzard. com/en-us/

To achieve the same goal without a convenience tool equates to having to spend more time if you desire to yield the same results.

If in your mind that you would never achieve that same goal is on you, and to me justifies the decision even more. Why should you have more high level characters if you would only achieve that through convenience? Thus describing the actual problem that most classic players have with retail.

It sounds like to me you just want to play retail tbh. Achieving high level characters shouldn’t be something just easily earned, they’re marks of honor and show the time and effort in that accomplishment.

I see you’re resorting to name calling so I guess you’re just running out of excuses and arguments.

Ah, I see. Then I apologize for immediately thinking this post was made with an ulterior motive.

Open Battle.net launcher. Go to WoW Classic. Click on the first article. Scroll down and the fourth bullet point is “Achievements Unlocked – Achievements are coming to WoW Classic, giving players new rewards for their exploits and accomplishments.”