What does our $14.99 Classic fee buy?

You buy retail and get classic for free.

4 Likes

Spot on!!!

1 Like

Yeah its like shopping at Wal-Mart. I hate myself for it but a man need’s shoes.

3 Likes

I wish it was lower in cost and separate from retail. Just give retail sub the option to have it for free.

The sub being considered ‘retail’ is like spending money on a new sinking ship when you just want to patch up the old on you got.

3 Likes

You’re buying a “World of Warcraft” subscription, which includes two games for the price of one. Where does that money go you ask? To any and all operational costs of Blizzard Entertainment. From paying the Overwatch devs to restocking the bathroom toilet paper and everything in between.

11 Likes

The one thing it doesn’t buy is the ability to recognize the same subject posted on the front page:

9 Likes

The same thing it’s always bought you for 15 years.

Server Access.

5 Likes

You don’t have to buy anything unless you want to play the current expansion.

1 Like

Are you done?

Retail.

2 Likes

My immediate thought was to wonder which so-called influencer is behind it.

there is no classic fee , only retail

2 Likes

Blizzard owns Classic. You don’t. So you are paying to rent it from them. They have no obligation to support or further develop the game to address your complaints.

Think of it as renting a car. The rental company employees are there to take your money and loan you the keys and car for a while, nothing more.

1 Like

Retail. 10char

1 Like

I’m sure there’re plenty of responses but here it is…

Nobody is “paying for” Classic.

Classic is a free add-on to Retail.

Classic is a previous version (1.12) of Warcraft, and it is ~15 years old.

3 Likes

It buys hats for the office. What do you want it to buy?

And yet lots of people are only playing Classic. The lack of logic in asserting that those people are paying for Modern, even those who don’t have it installed at all, and not for Classic makes this reply nearly as bad as the OP.

1 Like

You’re giving money to Blizz to access a service. What they do with it is up to them.

6 Likes

Complete opposite for me.

Regardless of the fact I get both for the same fee, I’m ultimately paying money for one and getting the other “for free.” For me, I’m paying for Classic and getting retail for free.

4 Likes

no you dont