What does our $14.99 Classic fee buy?

It buys hats for the office. What do you want it to buy?

And yet lots of people are only playing Classic. The lack of logic in asserting that those people are paying for Modern, even those who don’t have it installed at all, and not for Classic makes this reply nearly as bad as the OP.

1 Like

You’re giving money to Blizz to access a service. What they do with it is up to them.

6 Likes

Complete opposite for me.

Regardless of the fact I get both for the same fee, I’m ultimately paying money for one and getting the other “for free.” For me, I’m paying for Classic and getting retail for free.

4 Likes

no you dont

You’re paying for retail, retail’s development, maintenance, etc. Classic is an add-on to retail. As much as you may be annoyed that your sub is for retail, that’s what you’re paying for. You get the perk of classic along with it.

You are 100% correct, but people will try and fight you tooth-and-nail on this because they can’t comprehend or hate retail so much they’ll continue to deny the fact that’s what they’re paying for. Best to not try to engage them in debate. It’s like when I bought Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare solely to get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (this was before Infinity Ward released it on its own). I understood I paid for the garbage that was Infinite Warfare and MW:Remastered was a free add-on.

You asked for Vanilla only and you got Vanilla only for free. If they do any developing it isn’t the Vanilla you were all asking for.

You do know Target has shoes too

All of these shoes come from the same sweatshops anyway. Same difference.

True, but your not supporting the waltons organization.

Your 14.99 buys alot of Starbucks over at the Irvine Spectrum.

It doesn’t “buy” you anything. You are renting a temporary license to access the servers. “Your” account is even owned by blizz.
I don’t know what they spend their money on but we all know it’s not moderation, bot detection, or enforcing their policies.

2 Likes

I heard recently (I forget where) that in 2020 wally’s is trying to start to go “green”. Cutting back on selling products that come from non sustainable sources, etc. It might just be their name brand.

While the kids in China are still working hard to make our shoes, maybe wally’s will start heading the other way with health products. Soaps, cleansers, beauty products, those sort of things.

It’s something I guess?

Who are we kidding though. I’ll believe it when I see it… :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

There is no classic fee, only a wow subscription.

2 Likes

Nope, you’re paying for everything. Even if only a small percent goes to Classic. Enjoy!

1 Like

Dude. It’s basically an interactive museum diorama. There’s nothing to develop - other than adding in the final raid abd bg, there is no development going to happen.

1 Like

Joking yes, but this is likely the truth.

Customers are paying for what they consume. Many of us refuse to even download that steaming pile. Do not further insult our intelligence with the “perk” BS.

Ship ain’t sinking. Just because you don’t LIKE something, doesn’t mean there is something WRONG with it.

Vanilla needed to change. Classic was just an attempt to keep their IP under better control and get folks like yourself back.

I’m glad Classic ISN’T separate. It doesn’t deserve to be.

Sorry, but you’re just flat out wrong.

It was explained that Classic was an extra on the Retail sub.

You can deny what you like but that’s a plain fact you just can’t change.

3 Likes

I feel like classic for 15 a month is nice. I’ve already put well over 300 hours tbh, and I havent even raided yet😁. After 4 months I will have paid for a full price game.

Not bad considering I play it almost every day if I can lol

Oh, I wasn’t sure if this was a different thread or not!