What does our $14.99 Classic fee buy?

Some of us are paying a full subscription fee just for classic. But it’s becoming clear that very little development is taking place on classic. What is the classic subscription fee supporting?

15 Likes

Bobby Bob’s new private jet.

30 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

13 Likes

You’re not paying for Classic.

You’re paying for Retail.

Classic is a perk that comes with your sub fee.

That was explained months ago.

29 Likes

Gives you exactly what was offered. Best representation of a 15 year old game that they could reproduce.

11 Likes

There is little development that needs to take place.

Everything. The money from Classic isn’t spent specifically on Classic. It’s very likely you’re funding Diablo 4 and the next Hearthstone expansion.

6 Likes

You buy retail and get classic for free.

4 Likes

Spot on!!!

1 Like

Yeah its like shopping at Wal-Mart. I hate myself for it but a man need’s shoes.

3 Likes

I wish it was lower in cost and separate from retail. Just give retail sub the option to have it for free.

The sub being considered ‘retail’ is like spending money on a new sinking ship when you just want to patch up the old on you got.

3 Likes

You’re buying a “World of Warcraft” subscription, which includes two games for the price of one. Where does that money go you ask? To any and all operational costs of Blizzard Entertainment. From paying the Overwatch devs to restocking the bathroom toilet paper and everything in between.

11 Likes

The one thing it doesn’t buy is the ability to recognize the same subject posted on the front page:

9 Likes

The same thing it’s always bought you for 15 years.

Server Access.

5 Likes

You don’t have to buy anything unless you want to play the current expansion.

1 Like

Are you done?

Retail.

2 Likes

My immediate thought was to wonder which so-called influencer is behind it.

there is no classic fee , only retail

2 Likes

Blizzard owns Classic. You don’t. So you are paying to rent it from them. They have no obligation to support or further develop the game to address your complaints.

Think of it as renting a car. The rental company employees are there to take your money and loan you the keys and car for a while, nothing more.

1 Like

Retail. 10char

1 Like