What does it mean to be a horde player now

orcs can make you a nice boar steak burger bro, anytime.

I would assume that she found an outlet to escape her afterlife through a method of thwarting death entirely. I would guess she intends to become death itself (which, the island expeditions claim “You cannot kill Death”). She also dreams of becoming a Goddess of Life and Death when she touches Azerite; I take that self image literally (and thus this motive is also why the Forsaken AND Horde ultimately lost so much of their value beyond bringing death and dying).

3 Likes

Garrosh already showed us Orcs are not any better.

2 Likes

You seem to think that everyone in the Forsaken share some terrible past they’d never want to go back to. Most of them were civilians with friends and loved ones in life. Why is it “turning back to your own vomit” to want to reconnect with them? It’s not a weakness to want to reconnect with who you were.

It seemed to me like she wasn’t intending to do it then and there but, given the opportunity, she was going to get rid of them as a threat to her rule. It just so happened that a paranoid decision worked out for her.

If Supernatural has taught me anything it’s that you can absolutely kill death. The cycle of life and death continues and the entities that represent it are not immune to that. It simply chooses someone else to replace them.

4 Likes

Oh for certain. I just think that is LIKELY her goal (she is going to conquer death itself, to thwart her own eternity). On the other hand its pretty clear that Blizz set up more than just the Alliance and Horde to get in the way of her accomplishing that feat. I FULLY expect Bwonsamdi; Eyir; and Bolvar to all attempt to get in her way (if nothing else, I genuinely believe all three of them do not like her).

We will also likely see movement on BOTH the Night Warrior and Loa’Jin fronts in major ways in the pursuit of her. Honestly, by all indications, the next expansion (if it is indeed going to be death themed) should be NE and Gilnean focused for the Alliance; and Troll and Forsaken focused for the Horde. Those races should be stars for their respective factions in such a situation.

1 Like

Eh I’m still not that satisfied in just hunting down Sylvanas. Like they were saying in Spoilers: Anduin's stupidity - #22 by Merìngue-whisperwind it really does nothing to prove the Horde are redeemed in any way. They backed her until it was inconvenient for them and we’re supposed to buy they actually care now? Anyway don’t need to drag that conversation into two threads just thought it was worth mentioning. We’ll find and gut Sylvanas, that’s pretty much a certainty.

6 Likes

Well … I due understand that (and I actually do think your feelings are valid).

Blizz sort of left the Alliance in a gross place narratively, because they decided they needed to put the Horde in a gross place for this rather contrived story. Oh well, nothing like hunting a Banshee through the 7 Hells to distract from that grossness all over the wall … and floors … and that tiny bit that got in our mouth…

2 Likes

I could forgive Sira and Delaryn… their goddess abandoned the Kaldorei, and they were just following suit. The desolate council was just Varimathras 2.0.

1 Like

How? They didn’t betray anybody, if anything they were true to who the Forsaken were. They looked after their own. I can’t believe I’m the one defending the Forsaken, what a weird day this is.

It’s worse than that. They left us in the heavily sanitized place Anduin and his stupid ideals live.

7 Likes

Wait, what? Where did you ever get this idea. I am guessing you didn’t really play Cata or MoP. Or even WoD for that matter. There was almost no indication during the Siege of Orgrimaar that any orcs apart from Thrall and Saurfang actually opposed what Garrosh did.

The Horde is like a really good slawdog. Not the greatest meal in the world, but when you want a slawdog, accept no substitutes.

Sylvanas’ Horde was a spicy jalapeno hamburger with habanero ranch. If you’re cool with leaking lava into the toilet, that’s great. But we wanted a slawdog.

Then Saurfang’s Horde insisted slawdogs were always wrong. The core of the Horde has always been tofu jelly.

We just want our motherpuffing slawdog, man.

11 Likes

blizzard neutered the horde because they have a crippling fear of red shirts.

5 Likes

You can’t seriously ask that many players to just accept that their characters are no longer playable.

4 Likes

life goes on

5 Likes

I mean, I guess a skeleton would be pretty cool, but I really had my heart set on vampire.

1 Like

I’d love to be a spooky ghost myself

This is what i mean, its realistic. orcs follow there chieftains but i mean, drinking with humans. they are similar in nature i think - how long can two races who enjoy the same things fight for, look at the movie, a human beat an orc chief in mok’gora and the orcs respected the human.

1 Like

Transparent “wraith” skintone for undead has been on my wishlist.

I believe a Blue Post be it forum or twitter confirmed garrosh and his orcs were a minority group amongst the orc populace that supported Garrosh. Specifically a bluepost focused on quelling any idea that the Orcs were just all around dead as a race. which was not the case.