What does it mean to be a horde player now

I don’t really know much about the alliance, I don’t care either. Humans don’t really seem like enemies or that bad. honestly feels like humans and orcs get along better then other races even in there own factions and when i play orc i usually am in the mindset of alright, lets fight but lets have a good fight and If you tough ill have a beer with ya. Horde is a bunch of ragtag underdogs (used to be) that were fighting for a piece of there identity, with whats going on in the story the ‘feel’ of the horde doesn’t seem right. I don’t like the idea that the culmination of all the hordes efforts leads to mass destruction and the death of there own people by there own weapons etc which in my opinion directly contradicts what the horde players fight for

Are forsaken GC’s to the horde? unless there is something idk, or to be revealed in the plot. the forsaken seem to be really bad guys ruining the hordes feel and image or at least, why i like being a horde player. unless they are secretly the heros of everything idk man.

Maybe its time the forsaken turned into a npc faction that splits off?

2 Likes

The Horde is dead. All that’s left are Alliance Lapdogs, the Anduin Alliance and the Night Elves.

34 Likes

The forsaken eat people and melt them with acid bombs. If you’re too good for that, consider alliance.

10 Likes

I’ve been curious TewDee, genuinely. What is the Horde to you? I normally really only see you post about what the Horde is not (or now IS), and it always seems to relate to the Alliance? So, setting the Alliance aside for the moment … what is the Horde WITHOUT them?

Also, to the OPS question. I assume the Faction is going to more firmly cement itself into the vision of the Horde from WC3 (just with a council, instead of a Warchief). The Faction “seems” to be also getting built up to be more inclusive to the non WC3 races (a Council System and the ARs should distribute influence more evenly than before), but when you have Horde Founders like Thrall; Rexxar; Gazlowe; and Rokhan all in leadership positions (even if two of them retained their neutrality officially up until now) … the Faction does ooze more WC3 than it has in ages.

7 Likes

forsaken : freed by azeroth, kills all of azeroth without mercy even there own allies then raises allies and skeletons, disrespecting there identity in every possible way. that is not horde.

2 Likes

Uhm… maybe, but I’m sure they were crappy allies if they were killed without mercy.
Who wouldn’t come back as a skeleton to win another battle for the horde?

1 Like

Being a Horde Player is about realizing just how wrong you do everything.

When there is peace, you’re dumb and provoke war.

When there’s war, you’re dumb and lose so there can be peace.

When you’re acting noble, you’re trying to fix all the mistakes you’ve already made.

When you’re acting vile, it’s because you’re supposed to, so you can act noble later.

You enjoy tough hardy characters, who aren’t very tough, or very enduring, since they fall over dead constantly, and can’t hold their own against their Alliance counterparts.

You enjoy sly, cunning, and manipulative characters, who openly admit they’re doing evil, or act dumb in a conflict, and you can’t be sure anyone is actually being manipulated by them unless a Tweet is posted that states that the Horde could be convinced of anything.

You want to believe it will get better.

You want to prove the fans of the Alliance wrong.

But you never will.

That is Horde. Go, with Ho-- Failure.

43 Likes

nice man i dig that nezmith XD.

also to schletch;
say that too the little druid tauren babys who got blight bombed and raised as tauren skeletons to fight for sylvanas and the forsaken XD, then ask an orc to fight a human who they respect in battle instead of sylvanas and the forsaken.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s probably a lot to ask a Tauren like Baine to fight humans for the Horde.

3 Likes

The same thing it always meant? That you like making and playing the races you see on the Horde side of the character creation screen lmao.

7 Likes

Objectively and not including the lore - amazing point lol

I feel you.
The dreadful soul searching they decided we needed again pushed things too far. I felt pathetic AND morally wrong during this expansion.
As for my favorite race, I wish Lor’themar took Anduin’s offer. Screw the Horde. More trouble than it’s worth. Redemption would have been much easier to achieve fighting alongside the Night Elves in Darkshore than helping the stupid undead Warden.

6 Likes

Ohh no, another Tauren going down the Baine road.
Anywho… Did you not listen to Sylvanas? The Horde is nothing (now). We are Red Alliance team now according to the High Kid’s decree. Which thinking about it…isnt this what you wanted?

4 Likes

well here ill answer in part

the forsaken are part of the horde and serve the same underdog role you mention here

the forsaken were fighting for their survival in a world that had seemingly shunned them. the horde embraced them.

but you go on and say this

and i agree its bad story for the horde but its unfortunately the path theyve written them since cataclysm. there was only like one respite from this and it was wc3 -lotk .hopefully theyre done doing that now with the ending of bfa and the major shake ups (such as getting rid of sylvanas nathanos and apparently even gallywix).

well no, because as we see in the latest cinematic and development not all forsaken support sylvanas, most of them chose the horde over her when she bounced and flew away.

but i still stick to my main answer for the topic question

what it means to be a horde player is you like playing as the horde races. you can still rp them alot of ways.

2 Likes

i deleted an above post cause i really like what you said, can anyone elaborate on how not all the forsaken support sylvanas?

1 Like

Yeah, there were some “forsaken” called the Desolate Council that decided that joining their friends in the Alliance was more important than meeting the necessities of government in the UC. They were basically rotbrains.

Yea, I mean on a serious note now, unless all Undead were PC who knows all about her plotting , most undead wouldn’t know what the heck happened with Sylvanas snapping like that in Orgrimmar.
The obvious way is to stay with the Horde, as long as they don’t start hunting undead. I remember WC Horde represented exactly that, tolerance and strength in union and differences. Alliance felt xenophobic and snob, while Horde felt embracing.

As undead (who needs to play along and don’t give 2 cents about bad writing) I see Horde as those ideals, and now with a council it feels just right and something I prefer to the Alliance Monarchy.

1 Like

The Forsaken at the gates, and Bannerbae (The guard with the banner) looked to Sylvanas like “Wait,… what did you just say?” and complete disbelief. They value the Horde more than they do following the Banshee Queen after what they saw as throwing them aside.

3 Likes

Yo this plot makes way more sense now with the forsaken abandoning sylvanas. For the horde. :smiley:

1 Like

That’s really not how it happened. They simply saw no reason they couldn’t reconcile who they are now with who they were when alive and sought to give their people the choice to do so too. That’s not being a lapdog, that’s being a person. Something Sylvanas and apparently you don’t get. Hell they were running the Undercity just fine until Sylvanas had them all killed.

7 Likes