What do you think could help the Alliance retain end-game participants?

a vocal minority that dont want to switch factions, coupled with peoples love to complain.

the majority of players dont raid. the ones that really care about pushing content switched, and wont switch back unless something bonkers happens.

I’ve never had to go Horde to get Cutting Edge. I think I’ll just continue to get Cutting Edge on Alliance.

Wasn’t another thing, at least back in the day not so sure about now, that most older players were Horde and the kiddies were Alliance? Does it still break down that way, cause that might explain some of the difference.

It never “broke down that way” in reality.

1 Like

hiring a few more developers to focus on alliance content rather than just setting them aside until nearly the deadline then quick lets rush to finish them since we spent 95% of deve time creating horde only to cobble together something lackluster at the last minute

seriously Blizzard develop team has went from being ahead of the curve development to that lazy kid that waits until 9pm on a sunday to finally do that 400 word essay for his high school literature class

9 Likes

I bet you live in Colorado.

People and consumers are always right about getting their right to say what they think about the product and what they want to buy.

1 Like

I call BS. Please, give links to what you’re claiming, because you have this cartoon version of Alliance players in your mind.

1. show us where the devs lol went out of their way to make Siege of Orgrimmar to placate Alliance players.
  2. show some quotes from the old forums (I’ve been around since 2005) where the Alliance were saying an attack on Stormwind would also be horde favoritism.
    Seriously, you act as if a third of your faction didn’t used to be Alliance.
1 Like

I don’t really give a damn if you believe it or not, you are so far gone down your rabbit hole of paranoia that even irrefutable facts don’t sway you. What people like you don’t understand is that nobody is trying to convince you, because we know you’re irredeemable; we’re putting out the truth so that other, rational, people can see it.

1 Like

Core issue is that BfA is a bad expansion. The people that remain play horde because thats what influencers play. The story overall is terrible, but the Alliance story is horrid.

I mean imagine expecting your playerbase to suspend disbelief regarding your intergalactic/interdimensional battleship’s absence because the writers COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT.

They killed off the only decently compelling Alliance characters in Varian and Fordring, Tyrande and Malfurion have always been terrible characters, and the junker gnomes are horrendous.

2 Likes

Check if RP realm. Yep.

Ones a paladin race, the other isnt.

They arent the same tier. Compare them with Dark Iron and they reletively see the same amount of play.

Your issue is that Worgen/Dwarf/Draenai doesnt see as much play as Undead/Tauren/Troll.

Last I checked, the most regularly popular twitch wow streamer (Asmongold) plays alliance.

Actually, the issue is that when the alliance gets allied races it’s as if the devs go out of their way to give us what we don’t want or need. They seem to, on purpose, give us things that this cartoonishly fake idea of an alliance player would like rather than the things actual alliance players would enjoy.

Like, Kul’tirans have their good sides, but Vrykul would have been better. There are a LOT of alliance players who don’t like how fat the KT models are.

Shiny draenei? We already have draenei. LFD were simply uninspired.

Void elves? They’re popular because they’re pretty, but also extraordinarily uninspired and just not present in the story at all except as a weapon of convenience here and there.

Dark Irons? Easily the best of our allied races, but also locked behind one of the more annoying rep grinds which limits their popularity.

Now, Mechagnomes??? First, nobody on the alliance asked for them. Then, they are the single most ridiculous looking race on the planet. I mean, we don’t call them diaper-gnomes [just] as a dig. We call them that because it’s what they honestly look like. Their design is just insulting because their limbs just don’t work with pants. So they can’t ware any.

You’re basically playing as Donald Duck. Except you stab things. Just…who thought this was a good idea?

2 Likes

YAS YAS YAS I have been screaming for 10 man raiding again. FLEX raiding IS NOT the same as a standard 10 man raid. I don’t care if some fights were harderd on 10 or 25 like in cata and mop; there were more people doing the content. PERIOD. Give ma a challenge that isn’t a recruitment boss OR a 5 man.

1 Like

He plays classic. That’s not retail. He doesn’t play retail because it’s bad. Retail’s only influencers worth talking about run MDI or Raid world firsts. I don’t think anything else registers. Are Arena tourney streamers still a thing?

I don’t pay attention to streamers beyond what people tell me, which I just listed above.

Yes, bad story, as I said. I stopped paying attention. The actual robot gnomes from Ulduar were way cooler than those stupid junk gnomes. The game’s story looks like a fanfic written by a 5 year old if you are Horde and a 2 year old with a Blippi infatuation if you are Alliance.

1 Like

Wrong. Allied races only make up over 1% of the population difference at 120.

The core race (outside of top two) comes around to 5% focusing on that Undead/Tauren/Troll play rate of over 5% while Draenai at 4.2% and Worgen/Dwarves under 3%

Anything that isnt Humans/Night Elves barely sees play in Alliance and thats the issue.

Yeah, and they just went and pissed off all the Night Elves. Not great.

They might be planning to piss off the Blood Elves eventually. “Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.” Could be the thing’s been void for a while before Alleria even got there.

This is stupid and will only result in resentment. It wont change anything because a weekly piece of loot isn’t good enough to make people want to pay $20 to faction change. Even if this did solve anything the reverse would be required if the horde ended up with no one raiding and the whole problem would rise anew. A permanent solution is required. Not a band-aid fix.

First thing which would be another band-aid fix is make the alliance racials stronger by a large percentage. Problem with this is that again it’s not a permanent solution if things are skewed too hard. At what point does a racial have to be above the horde racials that it would draw people to faction change and not destroy the scene like legion did.

Personally and like many others I think raiding should be brought to the cross-faction capability. Lore wise groups like the cenarion circle and argent crusade exist which contain all races and they actively fought against specific raid bosses - lich king and ragnaros. Makes little sense to not use this as a lore reason to make cross faction guilds a thing. We already have cross faction auction houses and other utilities that were previously specific to each faction. Issue on this end is that if blizzard does make cross-faction guilds a thing; they will become even lazier when it comes to making content.

Disbanding would be the BEST solution.

Read: “We won and you lost. Lets cement our victory forever, and you can either stay invalid or reroll horde if you want to ever have agency beyond asking your betters for some more gruel.”

I’d rather see WoW go offline completely.

If you wanted cross-faction raiding you should have asked for it during vanilla when the alliance was dominant and the horde was a ghost town.

3 Likes