What do you think could help the Alliance retain end-game participants?

The Alliance has problems holding onto people who enjoy end-game activities. A lot of them are going Horde for the advantages with recruitment and community.

What could be done to help the Alliance retain talent going forward that won’t also make The Horde cry into their cereal and beg for nerfs?

One idea someone had was cross-realm guilds, and I had the thought that “What if you only enabled it for the Alliance?” It could help with our recruitment problems by lowering the bar to entry, and give us a leg up on recruitment compared to the Horde without introducing some kind of material advantage like a weekly piece of tear-inducing heroic gear.

7 Likes

That is a dumb way to “balance” things.

I would start out by buffing/reworking some alliance racial traits. And allowing more race/class combos.

19 Likes

Blizzard is looking at combining more realms to help with Guilds, Raids and Mythic+s, and AHs. It was asked about at Blizzcon.

3 Likes

In my opinion our races/allied races are just stale and bland compared to the hordes…
Zandalari Trolls or Fat Humans?
Mag’har Orcs or Draenei with a few tweeks and gold eyes (lightforged)
What’s more appealing? See the problem here?

Alliance has badly been in need of a new race that isn’t some elf/human/gnome/dwarf variant of some kind. I would have even been amped for Broken Draenei.

23 Likes

Crazy idea; Disable racial’s in heroic or higher level difficulty in raids.

Another crazy idea; Have a revolving raid buff that gives something like (I don’t know) 10% faster attack/casting speed that’s only active on one faction for a week, then vice versa. Start with both factions gaining the buff on week 1, but the faction that has less raid completion would get week 2.

Last crazy idea; Make two raids, faction specific, with different kinds of loot that’ll make min/maxers go insane with faction transfers.

Since it doesn’t really affect me, I dun care that much to be honest. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If content population and server pride is the problem simple they could easily solve it in a day by allowing cross server mythics for alliance to fix the population issue, and reverting 1% of the 10% 25 man mythic content to allow 10 people to do it then servers could more sustainably support a mythic raiding population like with BFA Mythic.

BFA Mythic had 10-25 man scaling Mythic raiding and it worked. No one had to be dropped and you brought people for the weight they carried. But in a game of minmaxxing blizzard threw a hissy fit that people would say, bring in as many players as they wanted, while also avoiding breakoff points for a mechanic.

So they removed it and made it 20 man and look at all the dead servers that don’t even have 1 mythic done and you’ll see. Even if people wanted, finding 19 other people is hard and with time commitments unrealistic. M+ is much easier to get into, but M 10 man content would be nice as well if THEY’D JUST LET US HAVE IT AGAIN.

5 Likes

Horde is appealing, Alliance is not. Not hard to figure out.

2 Likes

That would not help the Alliance considering how good some of their racials are right now.

I would recommend disabling hunters on the Alliance side. Man I am doing bee events and it is like those hunters have never heard of the concept of “Stacking” or not sending their pets to attack a long mob well outside of the aoe.

Argussian reach would have been the perfect time to introduce some playable Broken.

5 Likes

They could make the Alliance the story focus for a while and bring some writers to make them cool, as opposed to being a bunch of hippies led by whiney mcwhinesalot. Maybe they can sideline him and have a Tyrande/Greymane led alliance go on a roaring rampage of revenge.

EDIT: or as I’ve suggested before, have Anduin assassinated, leading into an internal power struggle for control of Stormwind. Just some kind of story focus for Alliance that makes them interesting.

11 Likes

Blue is a pretty colour though.

I beg to differ. Horde races/lore/appearences/buildings are hot garbage to me.

Only appeal to play them is being an edgelord or chasing the mythic raiders who transferred for racials long ago.

16 Likes

All of which will make the Horde froth at the mouth and complain about how unfair it all is.

1 Like

A human playing a human in a fantasy game ragging on non-human species.

Yep. Paladin player. Knew it.

6 Likes

Why you dont say orcs with different colors ; literally ?.

Appealing to who ? when the game was fresh and new the Alliance population was about to destroy the game because was something like 70% to 30%.

But papa blizz had to give their dumb children good racials and bloodelfs.

Not everyone enjoy losing leaders every expansion or start wars and always lose it.

But is better kill humans in a fantasy game right ? i prefer to be a human and kill orcs instead of an orc and kill humans.

Because like 90% of the time im seeing my enemy instead of my character just saying :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Tomatoes.

Every time they kill a boss on mythic, they get a free tomato. I like tomatoes.

5 Likes

These forums complain about everything, and anything.

Who cares?

A way to fix the disparity is to nullify factions as a whole (which I do not advocate for.)

Make a “merc” system, like they have in pvp, which provides fair perks to participate in.

Maybe (FAIRLY) tweek some racials to make them more appealing.

As someone else said … remove racials from heroic + raiding.

I’m not a fan of the “against all odds” buff perk; however, something similar for Alliance raiding might make sense.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

The merc one though I think is the most feasible/realistic. They already have the system in place, it wouldn’t be hard to tweek it - outside of establishing which race each Horde one equates with on the opposing side. That might cause some consternation.

1 Like

Alliance is a pacifist faction led by the second coming of Christ. The only chance Blizz had to turn things around was in BFA, but nope.

Roll Horde.

2 Likes

You’d need to introduce some actual alliance beyond the subfaction leaders though.

Stormwind is supposed to have a house of nobles that oversees a lot of the day-to-day functions and is, by its very nature, chock full of allies and possible successors to a child-less Anduin and the house of Wrynn should he die.

…and we don’t know any of them because Blizz never bothers to flesh out the alliance.

How many Tauren chieftains have we met by comparison? Cairn, his son Baine (that everyone in the horde seems to hate), Sunwalker Dezco, Greyhoof Farwanderer, Magatha Grimtotem, and Sulamm.

There are more Tauren leaders than there are Alliance leaders.

…and people wonder why the Alliance seems so basic.

18 Likes