What do you think could help the Alliance retain end-game participants?

Let’s say they did that - that all racials were removed in end-game (Heroic/Mythic raids and M+…hell rated PvP for that matter) - what would induce people already playing Horde in established guilds to leave those guilds and flip to Alliance or induce Horde guilds to flip?

People that only switched for racials but like alliance. They exist.

And racials wouldn’t be a problem in terms of high end balance henceforth. Allowing alliance to gradually get more high end players.

Then why didn’t those people switch back when racials were balanced out, or are you suggesting Horde racials are still OP compared to Alliance? I don’t believe you would see any response from the serious endgame guilds that would move the participation balance significantly. Those guilds already have a home and have a solid pool of players to recruit from, so absent some incentive beyond “Hey, I get to play on the Alliance now!” (which they already got when racials were balanced out) I just don’t see this being enough to cause a mass shift.

1 Like

Keep adding bee mount type of deals until people just can’t stand it anymore and switch.

The next one should be an Alliance only Sugar Glider flying mount, with an attached rep and raising it like the bee.

That’s great, but tbh it’s going to be too little too late. If people are that serious about end game on alliance they’ve probably already transfered to stormrage or proudmore by now.

It’s a start.

Brown orcs or Draenei with a few tweeks and gold eyes (lightforged).

There, fixed it for you.

And races you personally consider more appealing won’t do anything. What you guys need are palyers interested in high end content, those don’t care about the visual appeal of races.

So basically bribing people into joining your side?
And they already gave Alliance a legitimately broken racial at the end of MoP/beginning of WoD… and as soon as it was balanced, things went back to what they were so, I guess that doesn’t work unless you give Alliance a permanent advantage.

Honestly, I’m still amazed that people are expecting blizzard to fix something that relies entirely on the players… I guess waiting to be handed advantage it’s a way to fix it.

1 Like

I think min maxers tend to sweep up the average joe. People see success and flock to it. Math has said that Horde are better math wise for success - so people go horde. Alliance was Ok starting out because the elf-elite novelty made people roll NE. Soon as BE’s came out the house of cards came tumbling down; I think it made matters worse because in BC the Alliance new race came with Shaman; which is off and on good in PVP. Hordes new in demand race was BE’s which came with Paladins leading to a massive boom in the Horde paladin population - probably greater then the total # of paladins in Alliance at the time - I know if PVP there is probably a BE paladin in every BG.

I cannot recall the last time I seen a Dwarf Paladin. Dwarves in general are not great IMO because most gear just looks bad on them. Alliance has 2 (now 3) Small races which gear does not frankly look good on (gnomes/dwarves/DI Dwarves) The horde have 1 (Goblins) which I do not see a lot of tbh.

My post didn’t ask for an in game advantage. No side should have racials being helpful in top tier mythic/pvp/etc.

The only advantage would be alliance getting free transferred horde. Which it needs. So you guys don’t have 20+ minute pvp queues and we don’t have the same for pve.

I think the only average Joe that will follow the min/maxers is one who has hopes of following in their footsteps. For people who aspire to serious endgame content? Sure, the Horde seems like the obvious choice on NA servers.

Faction change to the horde because that is the only way to make the issue worse so the people who are in denial and devs finally admit this is an issue that needs to be fixed asap.

Actually one way they could mitigate it a little is by closing the faction transfer service to horde for a while. Only allow horde to alliance transfers.

Still though, removing factions is the only real fix imo.

2 Likes

I can agree with the second part of this estement. But for the tone of the initial post you made, it sounded like you were implying Horde racials need to be nerfed, that would result in an advantage for Alliance.

I might be assuming here, I’ll admit it, but considering that the gap of perks those it’s pretty slim, that would be the result of doing something like that.

^See, player attitude.

Yes I mean horde and alliance disabled racials in all high level game modes henceforth. No more faction yo-yo ing for advantages.

At this point i don’t really see how the gap could be closed due to how long the split has existed. Giving the Alliance things that the Horde doesn’t get doesn’t actually make Horde switch their allegiance, it just makes them spam the forums with Blizz hate.

What does end up happening is that Horde players will level more Alliance alts if the rewards are good enough (or just not play as much). This is why between patches AOO goes away but during patch launch it tends to come back more consistently. Limit also did a major guild faction switch (and paid a ton of in-game gold for it) in order to get the extra piece of high ilvl gear from either a warfront or emissary in the leadup to Battle of Dazar’alor. They switched back to Horde as soon as they got it.

I suppose that there could be some high level guild rewards that could be Alliance-only that would encourage some mythic raiding guilds to make the switch but again this will cause huge blowback in the WoW community. Imagine if an Alliance guild placed in the top 5 for Mythic raid completion because they had a bunch of Alliance-only rewards in hand?

If there is a solution to faction imbalance it will be gradual and probably take a year or two to really produce change.

1 Like

You first?

1 Like

Oh dont worry, I am gonna faction change my DK in a week or two and in 8.3 race change to panda so you ll see me on the winning side then posting about how much better horde is xd

I personally believe that if we are ‘ending the cycle’, allow players to become diplomats of the horde/alliance and play with whoever they want.

1 Like

I think removing ever faction and race restrictions would work. Thus, alliance could pay to race change to OP horde only races and be on par with progression.

Yeh but this benefits Horde as much as Alliance. Some of the best raiding guilds we have on OCE are Frostmourne Alliance.

~https://raider.io/the-eternal-palace/rankings/oceanic/mythic

20/26 guilds with an 8/8M are Alliance on OCE. From where I sit there are no problems, just complainers.