What do you think could help the Alliance retain end-game participants?

Silly person arguing without any background knowledge. Do you think this imbalance occurred overnight? You don’t know that alliance used to dominate horde at the same rates that horde dominates now, but it was all changed when the devs nerfed alliance racials and buffed horde.

Racials are the only difference maker between factions, other than irrelevant cosmetics. Competitive players–raiders and pvpers–don’t care about cosmetics, they just want an edge. If alliance still had better racials they would be playing alliance. There’s an obvious reason why every top guild is currently horde. Flip the racials balance to alliance again and eventually the competitive players and those who follow them will move back.

I think the simple solution would just be to allow free faction transfers for a time. Some people are solely horde because they moved there at some point and all of their friends are there now, guilds are there now, etc. To balance things you can’t just give small bonuses, you need massive swaths of people to move, and that’s never going to happen when it’s a paid service.

Is that why Blood Elves are the most popular race in the Horde even though there are other races with better racials?

Do you know how amazingly useful belf arcane torrent was before bfa? Aside from that, elf races are always popular and belf is the only one for horde, so it’s kind of a default choice.

…….wanna try that again?

Yeah I don’t really follow the line of thinking there… If you wanted good racials, some of the most popular races wouldn’t be played. I mean people play nightborne warriors. How much sense does that make?

Yep…and then the problem flips…and you fix it…and it flips…ad nauseum. Congrats, you’ve created:

1 Like

tf are you talking about…

Female undead are skinnier, just sayin’.

What do you think would stop people from posting this same question ad nauseum?

Yeah it’s a revolving door, but that’s unfortunately the only way you will get players back to playing alliance. If you simply remove factions, that won’t cause anyone to change. It’s like sharding, just an illusion to make it appear like there isn’t a population scarcity problem.

Unfortunately in this case the damage is done. The only viable fix is to allow each player what faction they want to play regardless of race just like pandas. Faction system is fine keep horde / alliance. Forced faction system needs to die in a fire and the sooner the better. Otherwise I don’t see this game surviving another expansion after shadowlands.

Probably a correct answer.

1 Like

1 Like

Just because you enjoy a 3D game doesn’t mean you can’t play the occasional side-scroller :>

I only disagree because it’s wrong.

Though, they definitely say that’s why they picked horde. But how many who say that are posting it on blood elves or undead? It’s just people looking for reasons to excuse the gross imbalances that benefit them.

Looking at wowcensus, the three most popular races (all by a landslide. #4 is quite a bit distant) are night elves, blood elves, and humans with night elves in first place (which surprised me, to be honest).

Though, even these numbers have the same character vs player problem that the participation debate has: characters are not players. So, massive grain of salt time.

But, in short, there’s no more racial diversity on the horde than there is on the alliance. Everybody still plays humans, pointy-eared or not.

Won’t help the alliance unless you only remove it for the alliance while keeping it in place for the Horde specifically to help alleviate the participating population problems. Goes for the rest of the suggestions, but that one is particularly big.

HA! Frostmourne and Proudmoore don’t push for first anything. Alliance first kill of a final boss takes, on average, seven days longer than the Horde.

Well, it’s an opinion, not stating a fact, and it’s apparently pointless to keep trying to explain it.

I don’t see Forsaken and Night Elf as having similar appearances to Humans the way Dwarves and Gnomes do, so I consider Forsaken and Night Elf non-human, but you guys apparently think every race or most races boil down to humans. Like if I name Goblin as non-human, you’ll just come back with, “Well, they’re human. All you have to do is make them not green, take away their pointy ears, and make them bigger,” so if we can’t even see eye to eye on what constitutes non-human, everything else is moot.

Racials are fairly balanced, doing this will make the same problem but only reverse what it is currently.

Alliance simply needs to show they can do high end content the imbalance isnt that bad most seem so show like 55-45 ratio… People only look at the super high end not the whole spectrum…

Only think i think blizzard can really do is allow LFG to be cross faction, this would keep world and story still faction based just instanced which hardly ever is about horde v alliance outside battle of dalazar. Most instances are players versus some big old god we gotta stop from destroying the world.

So, you’re saying that reversing racial balance would fix the problem?

HOW DOES THAT FIX ANYTHING???

1 Like

Disabling racials in mythics is the best idea I’ve seen here. If it coincided with free transfers from H < A this would be great.

We know they aren’t gonna give alliance anything they didn’t scribble On a napkin as far as AR goes so that’s kinda pointless to debate.

1 Like