What do you think could help the Alliance retain end-game participants?

Charge alliance players $14.99 a month like they do now.
Up the fee to $19.99 a month for horde players.

Problem solved!

1 Like

Okay. Now answer this: Have more Alliance players transferred to Horde, or have more Alliance players quit playing because this expansion is garbage?

Blizzard could stop driving people away from the game, for starters.

maybe if Blizzard hired someone and put him/her in charge that likes to play both factions and treats them equal we would stand a chance.

2 Likes

Some people have kept track of guilds that have transferred from Alliance to Horde at the higher end and the theory is that it has an effect from top to bottom, which makes sense since players want to go where the other competent players are.

I haven’t really checked, but I think this video may cover some of the ones that switched.

1 Like

Okay.

Now would you care to address the question I asked (and that you quoted)?

Well, only Blizz knows exactly how many players have transferred at the end of the day. If someone cared enough a player might be able to comb through websites and try to track them, but that’s pretty extreme and may be impossible to go back through that much data.

When you compare it to the expansion’s success or failure though… There is no clear answer. Although, players noted the imbalance before this expansion so that makes me think that maybe it’s both, but it’s NOT just because of how critical players are.

1 Like

A lot of (Alliance) people who post on this forum, who don’t raid, have this false notion that everything is peaches and cream on the Horde side of thing.

Many Horde raiders have quit the game this expansion.

Many Horde Mythic raiding guilds have quit the game this expansion.

I’d wager that the number of Horde Mythic raiders who have quit the game this expansion is far greater than the number of Alliance Mythic raiders who have transferred to Horde.

The problem is not with factions. The problem is that the new dev team is strangling the game, AND killing off raiding (which is getting hit even worse than the playerbase as a whole).

Well, the issue kind of addressed in the OP wasn’t something that happened over night or even just this expansion. As far as how many Horde players or raid teams have quit, I haven’t seen anything that corroborates whether or not that is true. I know one friend who was a mythic raider quit this expansion if that helps you.

However, what we do know is that participation in Hall of Fame is completely unbalanced. Between that and other stats I think it paints a pretty clear picture without anecdotal evidence from players.

I mean maybe? If nothing else because they already had more players participating to begin with.

1 Like

How about the Devs show some RL support for the Alliance like they do for the Horde?

5 Likes

Delete Horde player’s accounts. It’s clear they won’t do anything about it, so might as well make the answer interesting.

Remove factions from grouping and playing together this is the only fix. I have decided to quit raiding on the Alliance side due to problems created by Blizzard.

2 Likes

You have been shown exactly why it is in fact a faction issue in the video above yours. Learn what ratios are. And guess what? When the game suffers, those on the bottom feel it even more. So while your point has merit on its own, I am willing to bet alliance are feeling it way more than horde, hence the even more apparent faction imbalance now. This will keep getting worse.

3 Likes

So if an Alliance character and Horde character are grouped up, how do they handle doing a faction assault?

What if they want to do a battleground together?

What if one of them wants to go kill Anduin for the achievement?

How are these things handled? “Merc mode” is fine for queued content where you just get zoned into a sealed instance, but it won’t work for actual content like Mythic raiding or even M+ – which is what people are flipping out about.

I think they refused to remove the faction barriers because it would expose their flaws for not being able to attract people to Alliance

1 Like

I’ve been following faction populations for over 10 years. Far more than the uninformed people populating this thread have.

This thread is very interesting!

Here we see a lot of horde players stating what’s wrong with alliance, what they don’t like about alliance and why their races are boring.

Alliance races = Boring/lame
Alliance lore = Boring/lame
Alliance leaders = boring/lame
Alliance players = worst players

What does Blizzard understand?

We need to give purple blood elves, wide-hip humans and mutilated gnomes to the alliance.

We are giving some bribe with above average racial and so they’ll be more interesting so horde and ally players will see the value of playing ally a few times in pvp/wpvp/ end game.

Again, the effect is only to make the faction even more a source of laughter for the horde and apathy for the Alliance.

… it doesn’t seem like simple, easy things to do are in Blizzard’s plans for ally.

In shadowlands, I will be playing in the horde, because I am already tired of seeing recolors, more horses and more human centric history and races.

3 Likes

This thread is just the latest alliance freak-out, filled with bad data and a lot of posts about Mythic raiding from people who don’t do Mythic raiding.

1 Like

Faction play is stupid anyway. Factions aren’t required for Player vs Player. Merc mode just goes to show it is stupid.

2 Likes

they just dont want to.

and its fine. if the vast majority of alliance players dont want to push content, and you do, and you are alliance, the problem isnt the game, it isnt the faction, its you.

like 30% (tops) of the player base m+ or raids. the majority of those players have grouped up on horde. decide if you want to push content with like minded people and roll horde, or stay alliance and quit whinning.

In the U.S., sure. In Oceania, Alliance is completely dominant. There’s nothing wrong with the Alliance in-game. There’s everything wrong with the U.S. Alliance playerbase.