What do you guys think of adding Draenai and Blood Elves to classic?

I agree. Changes ought be judged on a case-by-case basis. Classic WoW has seen both good and bad ones. However, the position of #NoChanges amounts to burying your head in the sand. It doesn’t help anyone.

Ostriches ought to be left alone. They are gonna do it whether it’s useful or not.

2 Likes

Stacks, Empty all mail button, the ability to attach more than one item.

I would have loved this!

1 Like

Geez, I didn’t realize this topic would be so contentious.

Honestly just want to be able to play pally on horde, honestly.

Ask for a TBC Era server.
There are others that have persisted requesting this from Blizzard.

Or if you must play a Classic Horde paladin now, Wrath Classic is there for you. Or ask for the blood elfs that are in Era to be playable. You’d get the model of the belfs in Azshara though not TBC.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of TBC, I just want to be able to play pally on horde in classic era.

That’s it.

That’s why I opened this topic.

I gave other options.

I don’t agree that it’s ‘stealing’ a part of TBC. TBC will always be TBC, I don’t get what you mean by that.

Also, I’m pretty sure that Undead Pallies goes against their original lore.

Playable blood elves is a feature introduced in TBC not the original game or Classic Era. Taking that ability from that expac is taking something that belongs to that expac so stealing.

So lore matters when it is convenient.
I see.
So instead of the Draenei you are fine with the Broken? The Exodar hasn’t crashed yet.

Ok well, that’s semantics anyway. even if it is stealing… it’s not a bad thing.

I’m pretty sure it crashed in classic anyway since draenei have to level up through classic to get back to tbc, but whatever, it’s still semantics anyway.

Then I too shall handwave - undead paladins arise!

1 Like

I ain’t the ones insisting what the games actual files say is wrong.

Y’all are hopeless

“We” have never been “no changes”. Its been changes since Day 1, no one can really hang their hat on that as a reason to oppose a change. Find some reasons the change doesn’t fit.

There is retail the game and then retail the philosophy, pertaining mostly to game alterations made in the name of accessibility - a lowering of the bar if you will - which came in successive expansions starting with the very first one - TBC. “Vanilla” is in a class of its own to put it simply - both versions.

I think most people using such terminology are coming from that philosophical angle as opposed to the technical one you are championing. Other than that all opinions on the matter are equal.

2 Likes

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/867544-blood-elf-surveyor.jpg
Wax philosophic about this, guys.
Blood elfs in Classic.
:kiss:

I like killing the high level ones in EPL. Nice lil farmy spot.

1 Like

I get wanting to play a class you like on a your favorite faction, but that’s something unique to classic that should stay.

Choose Horde, you get Shaman and choose Alliance and you get Paladins. It is more than what classes are available to create it also affects group PVP and raiding in non-trivial ways. This gives the factions some meaning, which was drained away from the game over time.

If they add Blood Elves and Dranei, why not let Tauren be Paladins too and Trolls be Druids. That’s basically what I think of Classic+, if they add all the things people think would be cool it will be a 60 level capped weird version of retail and probably won’t be nearly as good as the game we have.

3 Likes

So, chronoboon is one example of a change. Other than that, the rest are relatively minor. You’re also citing a pvp update that has no additional information at this time. There’s a big difference between these things and developing new content for the game.

2 Likes

Well, perhaps a change that makes meme specs viable would be nice

He grasps at straws and really isn’t even worth engaging. Argument by repition for the years he’s posted.

Just ignore him.

No.

You won’t have time or space to worry about playing meme specs, you’ll thank your lucky stars you have a spec that’s been played into the ground for ~20 years while you try to not die pulling an extra mob in Stranglethorn.