What do we want? High Elves!

It doesn’t matter how they used it; the devs have said that their use of it affected them in such a way as to change them genetically and further separate them from the High Elves who didn’t use it. This can easily be seen in game by how the Blood Elves have either green or yellow eyes and High Elves retain their blue ones.

Citation needed

This is a ridiculous statement. Devs never said it changed them genetically, simply that it changed the color of their eyes through exposure. Are we suggesting that gold-eyed blood elves are now genetically different from green ones? If thats the case why weren’t gold eyed blood elves a new race?

And there are blood elves with blue eyes in game at the very moment.

2 Likes

So if you want to intentionally take it out of context, then sure, go right ahead. If you want to think that i actually want to put a high elf capital in the ruined half of Silvermoon (which would be hilarious but impractical) then whine away.

Nothing Blizzard provides will ever be sufficient. Almost ever race we have is a subset of the larger pool. That makes it almost impossible to provide High Elves period, nevermind to a group that has 4 elf options and enjoys none of them.

I really doubt there’s a ruined half of Silvermoon any longer, as it’s now described to be a thriving city once again. Unfortunately it is time-locked to when they were struggling to survive after Arthas’ attack, but if they eventually decide to add something like that, it would likely be updated and restored to reflect this.

I will only support the High Elf Epidemic if they are indoctrinated into the Draeneic Order of the /Waggle. If not, then burn the heretics!

I’ve never played a blood elf but yes in the modern era i suspect that a lot of things have changed in the blood elf starting zones.

You know very well they haven’t done nearly enough squats for that.

2 Likes

While it was once believed that blood elves and high elves were exactly the same biological race, separated more by cultural differences than physiological ones, it has since been determined that they are, in fact, beginning to evolve into a separate race, due largely to their consumption of mana from primarily fel sources.

Source (won’t let me post link): Wowwiki > Blood Elves, quote given intext with multiple citations

Before you call something ridiculous, do your own factchecking.

Tell me, did you even take the time to actually click, and read the citations for that quote? If you did your own fact-checking you would see that both citations are from the World of Warcraft RPG, which hasn’t been canon for quite some time now. Both the World of Warcraft compendium, and the Monster guide are RPG novels/guides that are non-canon.

For further reference I’d suggest using Wowpedia, as it’s far more reliable, and accurate than the Wowwiki, as it gives you a warning like the one below whenever you’re about to read non-canon material. But nice try. c:

This section contains information from the Warcraft RPG which is considered non-canon.

5 Likes

I made a change to one of my proposed racials, because I realized I forgot how that would affect raid healing.

Personal Meditation

• Ability Type: Channeled
  • Cooldown: 2.5 minutes
  • Regenerate up to 100% of your maximum resource (only 10% if you are a Healer spec) over five seconds., you are allowed to change talents for the next 20 seconds or put into combat.
1 Like

It’s a fansite, not even remotely canon. And omg, much of it looks to have been written by a Tolkien-infested 12 year old. For instance, lol, did you know that:

“The goblins are the only merchants who will sell to the blood elves without prejudice; if an Alliance or Horde merchant would even allow a blood elf to look at her goods, she would most certainly raise the prices astronomically.”

4 Likes

And the funny thing with every site that has information about Blood Elves and High Elves, they all say “they changed there name,” no where has been said they have changed there race.

Are you trying to make scribes and alchamist obsulete?

Arent basically professions a joke outside of alchemy?

On top of this, how does this make alchemists obsolete? Alchemists literally make flasks, other potions, and cauldrons which are all needed to some degree for M+ and raiding. Making it so someone can regain X resource…means nothing in terms of affecting alchemy.

And inscription? Dont they legitimately bank roll off early Darkmoon Deck creation, have the contracts, and then war-scrolls?

Well, they were doing nothing while the blood elves were dealing with the scourge and rebuilding, you know, like it is said in Chronicles and it is said there too the High Elves did not return.

Not dealing with that is “taking it easy”.

3 Likes

… and I’m not under the impression that sucking on magical artifacts in Dalaran was an option for most of the high elf remnants at the time.

2 Likes

To be fair, it was never specified. But it is interesting that they sat there primarily, who knows how much magic lingers in there.

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

Indeed, The fel-green glow behind a blood elf eyes is like a timestamp. A badge of service. It shows that those elves were likely already residing in Quel’Thalas at the time of the Scourge attack or, like Kael’thas, returned shortly afterwards when news of the destruction spread. It shows that they were participants in the reclamation and reconstruction of their kingdom because, as Blizzard has pointed out, even the most pious priests or humble rangers were unable to avoid the altering effects of the fel energies permeating from the large crystals imported from Outland.

Although this brings me back to Lanesh the Steelweaver, and the other blue eyed blood elves. For the blood elves to count those elves with non-green eyes among their ranks shows that they are willing to forgive some of the elves’ absence during the rebuilding period or that elves such as those at the Allerian Stronghold, who had no way of getting home to help recapture Quel’Thalas, would likely be welcomed back (cautiously, if not warmly) and allowed to reintegrate into popular elven society.

2 Likes

theyre still sitting there. the only alliance ‘high’ elves that could have any kind of presence right now are forstfenser seraphi and vereesa. and vereesa is limited to no speaking arm candy for alleria. outside of that maybe she can appear as a background(no speakings lines ofc) flavor NPC appearing with khadgar and other kirin tor NPCs next expansion

1 Like