What do we want? High Elves!

Blizzard does not add new races to WoW very often.
In 2004, WoW launched with 4 races (each faction)
In 2007, 1 (each faction) was added
In 2010, 1 (each faction) was added
In 2012, 1 (shared) was added
– then nothing for a while –

From 2018 to 2019, 4 Allied Races were added (each faction)

We haven’t seen a totally new race since Sep 2012: seven years.

You can demand that the next race is High Elves IF there is a next race. But don’t expect one soon.

Mechagnomes make sense for the Alliance, but so would High Elves. The Silver Covenant is essentially an anti Horde hate group, it’d be believable if they one day left Dalaran and formally joined the Alliance. That’s why I compared the two

When it comes to player models I feel as though too often people impose self restrictions in their head as to what an allied race could be. The truth is that we have no written code as to what allied races exactly are. We’ve seen reskined models, heavily altered models, models that reuse skeletons for other races, and models that cross factions (are Kul Tirans a unique model?)

While model swaps have occured in pairs, there’s nothing at Blizz HQ written in the blood of Ion himself that states that the rule must be followed. If Blizz wanted to, either Horde or Alliance could receive a model from the other faction without the opposite being compensated. It’s unlikely, but Blizz can do whatever they want

That’s not to say I want Blood Elves with blue eyes though. That’d start to dull the experience of Blood Elf players, so some steps need to be taken to avoid this. The model needs to be slightly to heavily altered. We’ve acknowledged that High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race, but that didn’t stop Kul Tirans from looking drastically different despite them being exactly the same race

This change is entirely for gameplay purposes and would have little lore justification without proper explanation, so the High Elves would need some development. A reason as to why they’re either bulkier/slimmer, stronger/weaker, taller/shorter, etc. It could be done

That’s why I love the idea of Half Elves so much. They could serve as the natural progression of the Alliance High Elves. Perhaps fresh Half Elf toons start out as Silver Covenant recruits being tutored by the elder High Elves that are still left. If you haven’t read about the Half Elves of the WoW rpg I highly recommend it, it’s a race I’d race change everything I possibly could into being. No retcon required, Blizz could just snap their fingers and make them canon (since they previously already were, and only aren’t canon nowadays because the rpg as a whole is no longer canon)

Ideally a Half Elf model would be a perfect mix of both. Thinner than humans, bulkier than Blood Elves. That’s how they’re described in the rpg at least, maybe they could have customization options that’d reflect which heritage that individual Half Elf resembles more. Faces with glowing and non glowing eyes, longer or shorter ears, etc

…and I never left my goth phase either, so it puzzles even me that I don’t have a ton of Void Elf toons. I guess they just don’t fulfill my personal taste when it comes to fantasy games

3 Likes

But Mechagnomes don’t have have risk of possible negative ramifications. High elves do, which is why they can’t be compared.

Can they? Sure. Will they? It’s risky. That’s the whole issue.

I know you’ve been involved in this argument for a while… and because of this I know you know that the majority asking for High elves would only accept blue eyes and tattoos as “modifications”.
That may not be the case for you, but you have to admit that actual modifications would not make the loud majority asking for them happy.

Honestly, the only reason why I don’t have a Void elf is because I can’t bring myself to be in the side where I can’t kill gnomes in pvp… and I’m not fond of humans, draenei and night elves either.

3 Likes

Instead of Skin Tunes for Void Elves. Why not add more like Tattoos, Color Hairs like Blonde and Brown, and even Brown Skin on it because why not. I’m sure there are many others who would say other wise in terms of Brown Skin Void/High Elves seeing as a fact that most High Elf Fans the ones I have meet everywhere want Pure High Elves. Not Half Elves or Void Elf Customization Options.

If you ask me what I think about the whole Quel’dorei Options for Void Elves. To be honest I’m really depressed for High Elves. I would gladly agree on 3 paths of the High Elf Fantasy like Pure High Elves, Half Elves, and Void Elf Customization Options if that right. It would be kind of interesting to see Pinkish Blueberry skin High Elves with Dark Blonde Hair. I found this on DeviantArt https://www.deviantart.com/happyfunrun/art/High-Silver-Elf-725334677 just to show the idea.

2 Likes

The only thing I’ll add is that through my long involvement in this debate, the amount of us that would accept no less than Blood Elves with blue eyes seems to be the minority (and I get the feeling that those individuals are a bit on the young side). It’s just easier to talk about possible eye color variation and tattoos than answering what we’d like their exact bone structure to look like. Some people have tried making example mockups, but none of us are by any means professionals lol

When it comes to Half Elves our side seems to be about 50/50 in regards to them. I wish it were stronger, because High Elves would need their own story of progression… Right now there’s just not enough

Well I’m taking my break off of the Forums Folks. I hope you guys have a Good Weekend and continue on with the Support of Playable High Elves.

I just hope one day High Elves will become playable so that the Alliance Faction can have a Identity again. Until have a good one folks.

1 Like

Seriously. If pro-helf threads weren’t being mass flagged again and again, there wouldn’t be a need for these threads.

When I see a thread I don’t like, I simply ignore it. It takes a special kind of entitlement for someone to flag something just because it’s something they don’t like

9 Likes

Don’t like a thread, don’t click on it.

4 Likes

For the love of god, can we at least keep it contained to the one megathread to avoid the clutter of spam when it comes to people demanding High Elves?

You even posted the megathread.

Go take a peek at the Megathread and see why that isn’t happening right now.

Let’s do some research before blowing our outrage on the floor so embarrassingly hu?

3 Likes

I agree. I can’t wait for high elves to be an allied race for the horde.

2 Likes

Then maybe take the hint.

There’s a reason people flag the threads as spam. People make a new thread constantly and have been since allied races were announced, and a lot of people are tired of it.

1 Like

Imagine defending the lack of will power to ignore things.

People can talk about whatever they wan’t on the forums, sorry you have nothing better to do on a Friday Night than be outraged.

404 Willpower not found.

2 Likes

Yeah dude. I sounded outraged. You got me.

You’re on a public forum. Not a safe space. You’re gonna get people who disagree with you, and you’re gonna have to get over that.

3 Likes

Lol I’m not the one coming in here crying foul because i lack the ability to ignore things i don’t like.

Think it’s time we start practicing what we preach.

Hm, based on your first post, doesn’t really seem like you had a point of discussion, does it?

Just looks like complaining. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

They are different people because they chose to change. Whole bloody point of blood elves. They arent what they used to be. Thats how blizz depicted them from day 1 with the choices they made.

7 Likes

Well it’s to commemorate the dead.

I refer to my previous post

1 Like

Even the person you referenced in your original post said you should give it a rest.

1 Like

Meh it doesn’t really matter if a billion people are anti-HE, because Blizzard got the final say, they are an NPC Allied race, not a playable race.

And since they introduced Void Elves when they had the chance to introduce not only High Elves, but Void Krokuul and Fel Draenei, which I’m pretty sure have had many requests on these forums during Legion, they aren’t ever ever ever getting added.

They had the absolute perfect lore and story opportunity, and they ignored it, I’m sure purposefully. They wanted their own pet insert races they made up last xpac, the Nightborne and the Void Elves, and soon to be the Vulpera and the Mechagnomes, also both races just inserted this xpac.

The Blizzard team doesn’t give a damn about player interest or demand, it’s what they want that counts.

Remember the BfA beta forums, where people were saying the classes needed fixing and the azerite system was terrible? And people were saying “oh I’m sure Blizzard is listening, it’ll be fixed in the next few weeks.”

Yeah that’s what Blizzard thinks of player feedback.

3 Likes