What do we want? High Elves!

Please stop. We don’t need another HE megathread. Please, post this there. Also, I want a billion dollars. Doesn’t mean I am going to get it. Demanding things by shouting probably won’t get you want you want.

3 Likes

I promise we’d keep to the mega thread if it were possible

3 Likes

But not wanting more elves it’s also feedback.

And let’s face it, it all rest on whether or not their addition will benefit the game or not. 14 years says that so far, it doesn’t.

Does this mean you will call a draenei an Eredar? Despite the fact that they are the same race but actively fled the Legion instead of Joining it?

Just because they are the same race doesn’t mean I will call them High elves… why would I call them the same name as traitors to their own people, after all?
But pretending that just because the majority adopted a name makes them that different, it’s a stretch.

I’m well aware of this, been involved in this debate for far too long and I don’t think there’s enough differences between them to warrant them being playable.

So… we’re using game mechanics to try to pass them as a different race now?

Wow… in all my years in this debacle this is possibly the biggest stretch I’ve seen.

4 Likes

We are called Eredar. We call the red ones Man’ari.

And I’m a Forsaken, but my tag says “Undead”…

But that’s a completely different can of worms that I’m annoyed about.

2 Likes

I mean. It’s true, you’re an undead under the forsaken banner. Much like Blood elves are high elves.

Then we should get a tag under our tag. Forsaken under Undead, Draenei under Eredar… and yes, Blood elf under High elf, after all, they are also a faction (even if they do hold the majority).

Except all High Elves are Blood Elves and vice versa?

1 Like

The Draenei have never gone back to the term Eredar. Why? I think they want to leave the past in the past. Which seems to prove my point further because the notion is very applicable to the Blood Elves.

I don’t think it’s crazy or a stretch to use an in-game reference for a focal point for my stated opinion. After all, we want High Elves in some capacity to be playable IN game, so I figure that it’s a great place to start concerning interactions with the most favorable and Alliance aligned High Elf community, the Silver Covenant.

No need to be outraged at this reference, this is just a game and this is thread is truly speculation and opinion. No need to get upset or bewildered by mine :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, I’m not sure how much you play the Alliance but I have never seen someone referring to themselves as an Eredar or saying they play an Eredar, aside from RP situations. I think Forsaken and Undead are indeed synonymous but as long as you aren’t referred to as the Scourge.

You formally were a part of the Scourge. But no longer and the Forsaken or Undead, worked so hard to get their revenge on Arthas and get rid of the Scourge or any connotations associated with them that wouldn’t it be a shame to throw all of that out of the window and just call an Undead a Scourge?

1 Like

True, opposition should be welcomed. If High Elves were to be added it should be done in a way to please as many people as possible, and our opposition’s feedback would be the key to that

I don’t think any allied race could benefit or harm the game as a whole though, just the experience of the individuals who’d want to use them. Would High Elves help the game? Only to those who’d play them. Would they hurt the game? Maybe? Depends on how they’d be implemented. People’s fears about High Elves ruining the game for them are exaggerated in my eyes, I don’t see anyone quiting just because I get to play as one of the elves that we already see on the Alliance

2 Likes

I mean, they have less differences between then than Eredar and Draenei and Forsaken with the rest of the Scourge.

Inb4 “But the Lich Queen!”.

That was not the point. But also, as I said, they at least went thought the change of being blessed by the Naaru, that is kind of a bigger deal that deciding to honor the fallen or not.

It’s not a reference. It’s like trying to use the fact that Humans can’t ride undead horses in game as a way to prove that they are a different race when the huge elephant in the room that is the fact that they are dead and developed a culture of their own it’s present.

And yet you don’t use the right term, which is Forsaken, that alone kind of undermines your argument.

In that case, people saying that “there’s too many elves already”, are valid too.

Not really. I’ve already explained in the past how I think it could negatively impact those that wouldn’t play them and even the story of the Blood Elves by cheapening it.

And that is your opinion. Please don’t turn into those that try to pass concerns about population balance and story as something that should be overlooked since in your eyes it’s “exaggerated” despite the fact that you have no idea if they could happen or not >.<

5 Likes

Its a synonymous term. I figured, since you pointed that out, you would understand that but I guess you prefer to pick and choose what is okay for whatever direction you try to steer the discussion, lol.

And in that same vein, i’m not going to derail the conversation any further than it has gone. I have stated my opinions and it’s not up to me whether people like it or not but I appreciate the opposing argument you put up.

1 Like

I don’t think it applies when in an argument about the addition of a race that could have consequences. It is pretty obvious that High elves and blood elves are the exact same people, it’s usually the side that wants them that go to great extents to try to differentiate, but the majority faction of those “formerly going by the name High elves” it’s playable already.

2 Likes

Goodness I wish I could quote… Forgive me for how messy this will be

“No more elves” is an opinion that translates to “That’s not what I want.” That’s fine, I don’t personally want Mechagnomes, but I wouldn’t say me not wanting them is a super valid criticism of them. If Mechagnomes get added it’d just mean that the races I’d like to see will have to wait until the next wave of allied races, whenever that may be. Otherwise me wanting to be an elf (High Elf or otherwise) shouldn’t really bother anyone

As for people’s concerns, I believe the implementation of High Elves could enhance the Blood Elf experience. It all depends on how they go about it. People voicing their concerns on how they’d cheapen Blood Elves would allow Blizz to take the steps needed to avoid that, it’s why I try to be polite and value everyone’s opinions. Would anyone here suggest that there’s absolutely no way High Elves could be added in some form? Surely there’s some way we could go about it (Half Elves, anyone?)

When I say people exaggerate their concerns I don’t mean that they should be overlooked, just that no individual who loves the Horde and loves Blood Elves is going to quit the game the game and never touch it again with a 10 foot pole just because I could play as a High Elf

Edit because spelling

2 Likes

No, it’s pretty wide known fact that we don’t need more elves.

1 Like

Facts usually can’t be disputed. This can be.

It’s fantasy fiction. There’s never too many elves. Look at Dungeons and Dragons, look at Elder Scrolls.

Hell, look at the progenitor of all fantasy, the Poetic Edda. There are multiple kinds of elves within Norse mythology

4 Likes

You mean the HE Megathread that keeps getting locked due to flags?

3 Likes

Nah, we’ve reached a crisis level of elves. There is zero need for more elves. If anything we need a good plague or culling of elves.

…even the San’layn? C’mon, they’d be awesome!

And you’re going by the premise that Mechagnomes would be added to the Alliance, which would make sense, and which would mean the situations can’t be compared. There were no consequences from HM tauren and LF draenei being added, because they were added to their respective sides and compliment the story of their own people (and neither shares the popularity of Humans/Blood elves).

You know that I’m all for Half elves and they would not cheapen the blood elven lore or have major consequences game-wise (as long as they use a model closer to the human one). But for High elves, no, I don’t see how they can be added without having possible negative effects.

Yet LF forsaken and High elves are two deal breakers for me that would make me quit.

Maybe some people needs to stop shooting themselves in the foot (Not saying you, but you probably know what I mean).

As much as I love their aesthetics (I’ve never outgrew my goth phase I guess), I’m against recolors in general, to me it’s not a question of elves or not elves.

EDIT: Make that 3 deal brakers… Calia being the leader of the Forsaken would be the third.

1 Like