What do we want? High Elves!

Seriously, Drede? The entire race was reduced by 90% - not the Blood Elves.

1 Like

No, they didn’t. They were only exposed to Fel Radiation. They did not change in the process. Maybe you should go read the lore.

1 Like

High Elves don’t count as part of the Blood Elf population anymore. Same with Void Elves.

Player groups are specific ones.

Green Eyes and Redder Skin.

We know how the Blood Elf story went and how they adapted.

Funny when you’re posting on a non-fel tainted Orc with worse racials…

2 Likes

The Devs know there is a debate going on in the community about it all & I think they enjoy it, the latest glaives showing up with Veressa was them poking fun at it or at the Alliance.

High Elves do count as the Blood Elven population.

During the Third War, however, the high elves were nearly scoured from Azeroth. Led by the death knight Arthas, a Scourge army stormed into Quel’Thalas, slaughtering almost ninety percent of the kingdom’s population

Considering they were not known as Blood Elves during the Third War.

When Arthas invaded Quel’Thalas with the Scourge Army, he wiped out 90% of the entire High Elven population. Out of the 10% that survived, only 9% renamed themselves to honor there fallen. As for the other 1%… Dalaran, Stormwind, everywhere else… Who knows what they did to lead them to exile. But hey, they are welcome back anytime.

Funny how you’re posting on a Male Human and care about racials.

1 Like

Cool! Please tell us all what catastrophic event has reduced the Blood Elf population by 90% which occured post-Scourge…because there were no Blood Elves before it.

1 Like

this is true but we no for sure there at are least over a 150 alliance high elves. I doubt there are than many void elves game scale or otherwise. I would put the number at less than 50.

Which Blizzard blatantly ignored by adding in two completely separate sub-groups of High Elves and Void Elves

Blizzard retconned their own lore on this once by including existing High Elves in WotLK, and then a second time in Legion by having the Void Elves to begin with who, no matter what was you slice it, have less numbers than Void Elves

Void Elves origin having that few numbers pretty much burst the door wide open for HElves regardless of numbers, simply because no matter how small the HElf population is, it is going to be higher than the VElf one

1 Like

High elves are like vulpera. We all know they are happening without dev confirmation. We just don’t know when they are happening.

Keep being in denial people. If that is what gives you peace of mind and allows you to sleep keep on denying reality.

Void Elves are supposed to be exiled Blood Elves who got too much into Void

funnily enough the majority of the high elves we are asking for were not considered part of that kingdom’s population as they lived in human kingdoms or in some cases were already presumed dead at the time because they were in outland.

Can’t really tout numbers anymore with the introduction of the Ren’dorei.

They aren’t part of their population at all now so no.

Player Blood Elves are a specific group made of of Survivors of Silvermoon. As Clarified in Chronicles.

In the Ultimate visual guide Clarified that most modern High Elves are the ones who stayed with the Alliance after the Second War.

This puts into question rather the 1% means all High Elves or just the Exiles but it’s better to air on the side of caution and act as if it does.

That’s when Keal Renamed them.

This puts into question your knowledge of lore because it is well known why they where exiled.

They refused to Syphon Mana from living creatures like Vampires.

The only confirmed group to be made up of these Exiles are from Quel’lithien Lodge and most of them are dead now as of Cataclysm.

There is no evidence for this whatsoever. Just that the Sunwell is Neutral Ground.

Dalaran High Elves have been living Separately from Silvermoon for around 3000 years.

Kael’thas even feared that his people would reject him because Dalaran High Elves where so different from Silvermoon ones and he spent a long time there.

I rolled this character when perception was a thing.

Just pointing out you being a wee bit hypocritical for saying they where exactly the same when your posting on a character whose theme is Not-Fel-Tainted.

Brown Skin could have just been added as a customization for Orcs and no one would bat an eye.

Right, but don’t you understand that the Against don’t view High Elves and Blood Elves the same way you do. Honestly it seems like both sides are twisting reality a bit to suit their argument. The unadulterated truth is this.

Kael’thas was a High Elf. (pure) by some standards. They had a war. Lots died. After it was over and they didnt have a well kael’thas struggled to find a way for his people to survive. At this point everyones either a blood elf or not a blood elf. Because Kael’thas logically didn’t say “We are now Blood elf, to honor our fallen and at the same moment, here suck on this mana eel.”

Be you a blood elf supporter or High Elf supporter. They are literally the same race only divided by a political stance. So when i see people say they want to play Alliance High Elves the against sees it no differently than asking for its core race. Thats where people seem to be butting heads.

you have only proposed cosmetic changes such as combing their hair the other way and smearing on make up. that is not enough

thats because it IS exclusive to them. blood elves are the high elves, they conform to the most generic fantasy trope in almost every way except your point of complaint, their allegiance to the horde rather than the alliance

development already told you, a light skinned and majestic elf IS a blood elf. since you havent figured it out from the lore or dev commentary ill tell you what this means; when the high elves renamed themselves blood elves, they redefined what a high elf means in WoW. ‘high’ elf no longer refers to the ancient race that discovered quel’thalas and the sunwell it refers to a couple minor decorative NPCs standing around in stormwind clinging to an adjective to show political dissent that serve as nothing but a nod to the past now

they will NEVER be an alliance AR because they are already a core horde race. it would imply that there are more then a few portal keepers. it would imply they have equal representation in the alliance as the blood elves in the horde. it would imply they are relevant to the story and require permanent player representation, which they dont and saying other wise is fanfiction. thankfully development recognized this when they addressed the request and told you bluntly

That said, obviously I understand you would love Alliance elves…you’re an Alliance player, and want to be a fair-skinned, light-haired, blue-eyed elf. Sorry? The Horde is there and waiting for you.

2 Likes

Well, same thing could’ve been done for Kul’Tiran Humans as well. They could’ve been extra customisations towards the human sides as well.

Who had a one-off creation event and were associated with one particular person

There are always less Void Elves than High Elves, unless this exiled group was less ‘Small group of radicals’ and more like ‘A significant part of the population’. Which the game did not show or imply

1 Like

Well, the thing is though, nobody, not you, not me, nobody knows the true numbers of High or Void Elves.

Well that is why we’ve suggested changes to differentiate them further. They have different views on things and different affiliations, so playing void elves or blood elves doesn’t tick the helf box for us.

I appreciate my blood elves for what they are, and would appreciate alliance high elves as well. I appreciate the different paths they took, and want to see more of the high elf side.

Most people wanting Playable Alliance Quel’dorei I have discussed this with, The main reasons are, is they are in Game, The Story Allows its, but the DEVs dont. They are there, they are in game, they are recognized to be politically different, the Devs continue their story along the same storyline. They should be allowed to be playable, it seems more of a ego thing then a actual reason.