What do we have to do to get a bot banned?

Blizzard seriously what is the deal? Your report feature does nothing, it’s a literal running joke at this point. I’ve been reporting the same guy for a week and he is CLEARLY a bot (running a loop the EXACT SAME WAY every time in a way that no human could/interacting with NPCs the exact same way every time/still killing the NPC even if I tag it/putting in inhuman amount of hours ect).

Still you do nothing? Should I just buy gold like everyone else instead of trying to compete with bots to farm it? That’s what you’re telling me.

3 Likes

pretty much majority of wow is buying gold. The bots can barely even keep up on most servers with demand

2 Likes

I feel you. Blizzard could literally just ban every troll hunter in WPL, EPL, and Winterspring on my server and they’d have about a 99% success rate. Sorry to the 2 legit troll hunters that get caught in the dragnet.

3 Likes

Guess I’ll just buy gold then, not like they’re banning anyone. vOv

1 Like

They can’t ban people buying gold it would kill 75% of the population.

They can’t even stop hacking right now they have no business worrying about someone buying gold to raid or pvp until they get a handle on botting and Hacks

1 Like

Right, they make out like its this huge process they have to go through to ban them. It’s like, SURE it’s a huge process if your multibillion dollar company is being cheap AF and not hiring any customer service reps.

This company is trash, I’ve honestly never felt more let down by a gaming company than I do now with Blizzard.

2 Likes

I’m getting mail from Blizzard every other day notifying me that action was taken against a player I reported.

8 Likes

Lucky you, I’m getting ZERO response. This is NOT the kind of ban I’m willing to wait for. Naxx comes out next month, I need to farm my consumes now. If Blizzard waits until Naxx to ban this guy then it’s already far too late and I have been made to pay the price so others can cheat.

It’s gross negligence.

1 Like

Could you explain how this one bot is stopping you from stocking consumes?

3 Likes

That attitude is basically the reason we have so many bots in the first place. Not sure if you’re being facetious or not. If not then you don’t get to complain.

5 Likes

I’ve NEVER bought gold and that’s why I’m so angry. Here I am having to compete with a bot, who’s cutting into my profits heavily enough that I’m being incentivized to CHEAT due to Blizzards inaction.

1 Like

Good. Don’t ever change.

As for reporting bots, I’ve noticed many of the bots I’ve reported do eventually vanish. It doesn’t happen in a week or usually even within a month or so. But they do get around to banning them. The real problem isn’t that the bots don’t get banned it’s that they’re too easily replaced.

2 Likes

No the real problem is that the multibillion dollar company doesn’t care enough to ban the bots as fast as they should be. That’s the REASON everyone is able to buy gold. If Blizzard was actually doing their job, the bots would be banned before that gold ever hits the marketplace and gold prices would be so high nobody would buy it.

You’re not being incentivised, there are other legal gold avenues. Posting here isn’t going to speed up your specific report.

3 Likes

What is your deal? Why are you so intent on making this my fault and not the fault of Blizzard?

I’m not asking for a Blizzard response I’m discussing how terribly they’re handling the bot issue.

Saying “just go do other things for gold” is a completely trash response. I’ve worked hard to set myself up where I can afford all the consumes I need without buying gold and without spending loads of time. I deserve to reap the rewards from that work WITHOUT having to compete with bots who sell gold to cheaters.

Perhaps they could ban them faster. But I’d question if they could even get to the point of banning them fast enough. It may be more worthwhile to invest in breaking botting software. I couldn’t tell you what the best solution would be without having an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the game. But I’d imagine you’re probably correct in thinking they could do more. Unfortunately they’re bound to the constraints that Activision places on them.

You are implying that your option is to buy gold and that is simply not true.

2 Likes

I’m implying that the only option that is fair to me as a consumer is buying gold. I do not deserve to have to farm twice as much because Blizzard wants to take their sweet time banning a botter.

If it is blatantly obvious (like the case I’m dealing with) I should be able to put in a report, someone checks that report/logs and bans the guy by the next day. It should be that simple. The fact that it is not is the reason we have so many bots and such a rampant RMT problem.

That’s far from true.

3 Likes

So you’re saying I DO deserve to farm twice as much because Blizzard refuses to ban the bot I’m having to compete with?