What day will you call in sick to work

I can’t fathom doing that for any game (and I do love wow). I’m not taking any non pto days off either (points would kill my employment). I’ll mess around with it after work (usually after 10pm when servers are bare of most activity). After all my Mortage and Bills tell me, Take off work and its Game Over!

Ironically I’m not even from America. Here it’s not possible to lose the job for being sick. It’s more like a strict work ethic thing and people tend to get a bit grumpy when somone’s not coming to work and they feel like the sickness is staged. So better show them first and then stay home. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Im a Contractor and we have a huge data streaming project launch so i wont be able to play much on launch week rip.

The first

1 Like

Where the hell do you work

Politicians are adults. Just wait until you discover how much they lie to your face while being full grown adults. You’re in for a treat

3 Likes

I agree with this. I’m off but its nothing to do with DF in fact I’m east coast, the expansion doesn’t even go live until 6 pm – if I can even log in at that time with the bum rush on the servers.

I’m in a weird work situation this year (and btw I hate it - I can’t wait for things to normalize) but its I either take this week off or don’t and can’t take any time off for months (I’m thinking maybe June I can take off again).

But beyond all that I have appointments or errands most of this week anyway so its not like I can just play WoW all day every day anyway.

Ha. For a company that often gave PTO increases when they couldnt afford to give monetary ones.

You couldn’t pay me a million dollars for a gig like this. Having time off to see the world and relax is so insanely important. It’s critical to the human experience.

Unless you’re like a pro athlete or something and can’t travel because obviously.

I’m off on Tuesday luckily, so yeah :smiley:

Already getting into peak season at the Post Office, so I won’t be calling in sick. However, I have Thursday off this week, so that seems like as good a time as any to get into the new expansion. Especially given that the first couple days of every expansion launch has always been a huge issue with server stability and whatnot, I’ve always waited a couple days or more for things to smooth out. Things are just falling into place, and I am content with that.

I schedule my vacations in February, luckily I’m off this whole week to play wow. Slowest week of the year in retail, so it worked out perfect.

I’d quit that job and get one that respects my time.

1 Like

“Im an adult so I call in sick when im sick”. Lul and when you are actually sick they fire you for not showing up and dying at your desk. Most corps don’t give a F about you so this statement is kinda funny.

If my employer treats me well and I have a good relationship with my coworkers who don’t slack then sure, but most of the times this isn’t happening.

1 Like

I am a owner operator specialized in heavy haul, I am my own boss and personally took time off for this expansion.

LoL are you guys serious? Calling in sick to play the game?

1 Like

i might take a week off sometime next year, but that will mostly be to have a week off and maybe keeping working on my house (bought my first one back in august)

gonna be a rough the next 6-8 weeks. working 6 days a week and will probably be hitting close to 70 hours each week

you all enjoy those dragons

Wut? Apples and oranges.

I’m sorry, I live in a country with labour laws, if they fire me for being sick, I sue and get a s**t ton more money for it.

I don’t take days off to play video games. Days off are for vacations, going out with friends on random adventures, and on big party days where I have to cook or too hangover for work.

There is no fomo with launch day lol I’ll play when I get home and have the same experience as you except I won’t be upset when the game goes down for a couple hrs extra or if any launch errors happen lol.

Edit: while I did take time to shame ya for taking days off for a video game I am still fully in favor of workers rights and after reading a bunch of the horrific work policies u guys have I’m sorry. You deserve the days off you want regardless of the reason (even if I think it’s dumb). Also kinda not in a big position to talk since I can play WoW on the steam deck and since winter is a very slow month for my job I can just play the launch at work :grimacing:

Do you work at Amazon lol? If so, hello fellow amazonian

1 Like