What day will you call in sick to work

I have to ask. What do you do for a living? I’m in finance, and have been for about 6ish years now. I get about 3 weeks vacation/PTO, and that’s good for my area lmao

You’re lucky to have a reasonable work place.

Seriously my place, when Covid hit we had to do testing at work, if you tested positive you then had to get rested at your doctor or one of those drive throughs to make sure it wasn’t a false positive. If the result was positive you then had to either come back to work and slide the results through the door or email HR the results. Then while in quarantine, they’d call to check up on you while politely reminding you that you’d need to be back at work when quarantine was over.

And yeah I know it’s hard to fill shifts but there days when walking into work makes me feel sick because I know the supervisor will be angling for me to do overtime. But can’t go home unless I actually show I’m sick like by puking or blood pressure high enough to cause a stroke!

….Sorry ‘bout the rant. Again, you’re lucky to have a reasonable work place.

1 Like

I too am in finance haha

brb I need to negotiate my contract :rofl:

Imagine thinking your job is so important that you can’t take a day or two off of it for leisure

1 Like

A lot of work places you get more vacation as you stay there longer. I’m going to be getting 5 weeks vacation next year for being there as long as I have. But some people have 6-7 weeks of vacation a year where I am.

1 Like

A wise man once told me to only call out when youre healthy. If youre sick, you might as well be miserable at work.

To each their own i guess. But laughing at someone who loses their job - i feel like youve never been laid off. Theres nothing funny about it.

3 Likes

If I wasn’t both a contractor and off on Tues-Weds I’d call off too. I’ve already been laid off 4 times in a row already and I hate my career so I couldn’t care less. If it’s my PTO I will use it however I please so I don’t really get this guy’s need to belittle people for it.

1 Like

With our company, the amount of PTO/vaca raises by one week every three years. Starts with one, and I’ve been here for 6 years, so I’m at 3 weeks. I honestly thought that was good lol. I’ve actually been unsuccessful in even using it all because of how busy we get at the company. I’m also incentivized with bonuses based on company performance, so I technically make more when I am physically present

I work from home and plan to play WoW while working.

2 Likes

I Also work from home and get to play wow while working but I’m also getting a cold so if I do call out it will be justified.

1 Like

why would i call in sick for wow?
Has wow ever called in sick for me…?

Every tuesday

4 Likes

doesnt count, they work on tuesdays.

That sounds like a plan, the starting zones should settle down some by then. Safe travels friend!!

Sounds like heaven.

Wow hasnt had that kind of power for a long time for me.
Not really that exciting anymore. Especially without the blizzcons to hype it up.

Imagine not having PTO to take off whenever you want.

Imagine thinking your job is more important than personal happiness.

You can play wow much as you like when you get fired too

That’s why you have pto