What class will your high elf be?

That’s something that really bugs me. I really wish Blizzard would add a “skirt toggle” to the transmog UI so we can hide the robe part of skirts. I have made many outfits “non-robed” by using tabards and shirts, but I’d prefer it if I could just use the matching chest piece without the skirt part.

These work, but there aren’t always shirts/tabards that match well with a robe based outfit.

7 Likes

It’s not about some people likening it and others not, it’s about more people liking a different aesthetic than it.

I’m not going to spend money on race changing my characters into monsters, but I will spend money on a popular and highly requested aesthetic on the alliance.

5 Likes

One thing I noticed to allot of the Silver Covenant gear dont match up with tradtional player classes, Most of them wear armor that don’t match the class

It has always seemed odd to me that they would put in pieces of armor that overwrite another slot’s graphics with no option to toggle that bit off

3 Likes

Also wonder what they will do with the High Elves in the 7th Legion.

Yeah, especially since the High elves seem to use this unique collar from the Arcane robe under most of their tabards. Sometimes you can find a good placeholder, but it’s not the same. :c

3 Likes

This needs to be more visible.
100000%

4 Likes

You are playing a worgen, that’s as monster as it gets. I rolled my void elf as a void monk. We got the high elf options I was happy, but I was more looking forward to the eldritch customizations. The only reason the high elf stuff is highly requested is because people wanted high elves on alliance since forever, so instead of making a new race they baked it into void elves.

Void elves have the void aspect that people wanted with the corrupted kul’tiran.

That was an allied race peopled wanted. So they can start doing that sort of stuff for the void elves.

Eldritch stuff is cool.

Those glowing eyes would look good all over void bodies for example.

This is the void in void elves that I wanted, And hope we get to see more looks inspired by Eldritch stuff. They are VOID elves after all.

3 Likes

This may be a little off topic but one thing i wish they would do is another relaxation of some transmog restrictions. A lot of the “Ranger” type armor in the game that fits Blood Elves & High Elves (And some others) is mostly leather armor. And as we know hunters can’t transmog that since they technically wear mail. It would be nice for classes like that to transmog traditional armor they (long ago) they used to use before level 40. Hunters/Shamans being able to transmog leather. Paladins/Warriors being able to transmog mail etc.

3 Likes

Very much agree with this.

I would love all of that.

5 Likes

I’m absolutely not against the Eldritch aesthetic, I’m a massive fan of Lovecraft and Warcrafts interpretation of it with old gods.

But grafting that monstrous aesthetic to an existing non-monstrous rig does not make for an aesthetically pleasing model, it’s halting two different aesthetics weakly.

What I want is a true Eldritch/Old god race if they want to explore that aesthetic, K’thir would of been perfect for the exploration of that theme, not twisting an existing model to try and meet it half way.

5 Likes

The blood elves themselves are aethetically pleasing, that’s why void elves got the model and were one of the alliance’s most requested race. I am sure they can make it work. There is a difference between ugly and horrifying. We can have beautiful horrifying stuff too.

1 Like

No, but it very well may lead to a completely AWESOME model

3 Likes

The K’thir rig is based off the undead, which is just a human corpse, there isn’t much difference between that and blood elves.

Yeah not likely, the lean and suave blood elf rig will not suddenly become a fantastic catalyst for an Eldritch theme, the K’thir already meet that qualification because the undead rig is already innately inhuman.

Aesthetically it fits the undead, it does not fit the shoulders-back, side-stance model of blood elf rig.

3 Likes

I kinda like the idea more of subtle touches or hidden weird, like stuff showing up as idle animation. Say a normal looking void elf stands there for a while, then yawns, except half its face and shoulder open up into way too many teeth like that last picture in your one post.

5 Likes

But that’s what would make it so impactful that way, because it’s not just some monstrosity, it’s a beautiful shell over a horror

3 Likes

non-existent.

unless you count my blood elf i already have that i don’t play. they’re a paladin. i played’em around when i first started playing, liked their lore, got’em a skimpy mog (totally worth the massive amount of gold) noticed everyone else playing blood elves, eventually lost interest, and started playing other races more (mainly goblins and pandaren). now they’re just… floating around at 38-ish.

I like the idea of having a shirtless void elf just idling and then there are hidden eyes on there back that are just blinking at you, and then go back to sleep zzzzz xD.

I just find the idea of eye nipples to be funny in a given a scenario with them in rp.

Full metal alchemist had some cool stuff with some characters.

They were fake humans though (homunculi); they were cool.

Also would love to see a black hole swirling belly button.

3 Likes

The “beauty” of the blood elf rig is innately lost by grafting horrors to it, this isn’t a poem where the deeper meaning of it is within the inner theme of it, it’s aesthetics are tangible to see, and it doesn’t work.

You want it to work because it’s an against to your hatred of the high elf aesthetic, I trust others opinions on it more than yours.

4 Likes