What class will your high elf be?

Decided? You’re trying to argue that a druid shapeshifting is the same as being mutated into a demon with their blood.

One is a magical transformation that can be controlled by the druid, the other is a physical mutation.

Ok so physically, what is a druid when in bear form?

I’m referring to the act of shapeshifting is magical in nature, where as the “change” to demon hunters was biological, and not reversible.

I have a high elf already and he a Pal. Now only if he could be a shaman.

Up to an extent, they can also revert to and from their full demon form. And then we have characters like malfurion which have grown characterstics of several animals while in his base form.

So, per developer interviews the pertinent info regarding worgen would be:

"The worgen curse is exactly that: a curse. Its origins are rooted in the druidic “pack form” that was later altered by the Scythe of Elune. The end result is the worgen we see today, beings that can transmit their affliction to others via a single bite.

In theory, if two worgen were to mate and produce an offspring, that offspring would not be a worgen. The child would merely possess the genetic material of his or her parents, like any other child sans the curse."

I suppose one could still argue that the curse functions as a de facto somatic mutation as contact with their blood or being bitten passes the curse on.

1 Like

Well there it is from the horse’s mouth.

That doesn’t matter in the context of your discussion.

A druid is magically changing form with no change to their own.

A demon hunter is fusing themselves with a demon and becoming a demon. (or half demon) that change is irreversible and is to their own form.

There is very little in common between the two practices…

Yes, due to the runes that keep them from fully physically mutating, but that doesn’t change the fact that their base self has been physically, and biologically mutated.

Malfurion was gifted horns via druidic magic, but he wasn’t biologically changed.

So biologically, physically speaking, what is a druid when in bear form?

So I guess by your logic, if I’m a mage, and I copy a druid’s appearance via magic, I’m biologically changed into a bear as well?

Does a mage maintain the appearance as a corpse?

This is over anyways bro. Worgen are recognised as a playable race, and come from the druid of the pack.

In their bear form? They’re whatever race they were.

It’s a magical change… It’s not dissimilar to polymorph.

It’s also got nothing in common with what demon hunters do.

Worgen is a playable race.

Worgen are humans (or night elves). Affected by a curse.

Also not the same as demon hunters…

I mean, it’s clear he has no real argument if he’s trying to compare druid shapeshifting to Demon hunters. lol

And yet when I pick worgen on the character creation screen it doesn’t say I’m picking human

Gameplay is a pain.

Lore on the other hand, pretty clear.

Because they’re humans with a curse. Which is the “Worgen” curse.

So lorewise are human dk’s and human-forsaken close enough to being the same race?