What class will your high elf be?

Void elf paladin

2 Likes

Not when one of them is literally bleeding grape juice, and turns into a void glowstick

Blood elf demon hunters are still blood elves

I think we learned from the Demon hunter cinematic that they’re not just Blood elves. Even the Demon Lord said they were more demon.

Still a blood elf. Tooltip says blood elf, every NPC in the game calls you a blood elf.

Are night elf druids not really night elves?

What about human paladins, are they not humans because theyre infused with light?

The tooltip also says they’re demon hunters, which the lore says are not just “Blood elves”

“Demonic energy flows through our veins, it gnaws at our every thought, what makes us any different than the monsters we fight?”

Are druids an paladins physically mutated? No, they’re not.

Answer these questions please:

Are night elf druids not really night elves?

What about human paladins, are they not humans because theyre infused with light?

Also, i know the tooltip says demon hunter, it also says blood elf. That’s their race not their class.

Actually I’ll correct you, druids do become mutated if they are attuned enough. Look at malfurion.

Malfurion isn’t mutated, it’s the same magic that he uses to shapeshift. Demon hunters are physically mutated.

How is it not a mutation? He is always in that form when he’s humanoid.

Not to mention demon hunters change back and forth from metamorphasis.

Because it’s not something that is biological, it was magically gifted to him by Cenarius via the same magic druids use to change form. Demon hunters on the other hand are physically altered, and even bleed a different color than generic Blood elves.

If no fel magic was involved with the demon hunter ritual they wouldn’t change into a demon hunter.

Life magic allows druids to shapeshift, fel magic is used for demon hunters to shapeshift.

Both are physical transformations.

Sounds awesome. I’d take more void stuff over Kmart Legolas customization any day.

1 Like

Except a god simply gifting you horns isn’t changing you biologically. If I graft horns to my head I’m not suddenly a different race.

If I start bleeding demon bloodhowever, and grow horns completely on my own, that indeed is a sign of a biological mutation. You’re trying to equate these two together, despite the very different methods they’re applied.

Druids literally transform into not just other races, but other species.

And when they switch back they’re ordinary Night elves. Demon Hunters aren’t switching back, because they can’t, they’ve been biologically changed.

Demon hunters can transform into a full demon via metamorphasis and then back to their original form. If a druid dies in their shape shift form they have been shown to remain as the form they were shape shifted as.

Not to mention a druid if they chose to could remain their other form indefinitely.

Sometimes this is also involuntary in the case of worgen.

Demon hunters represent a symbiosis between the host and the demon they consumed.

Arcane magic, not fel, is what is used to keep a Demon Hunter from just becoming a demon, the arcane runes they have as tattoos are there to keep the host in charge and stop the demon within from busting out.

The void elves actually have not been explained, at least not that I have seen. They presence of tentacles and altered phenotypes could very well suggest alteration at the genetic level, but it could also be a symbiotic relationship as well. It is up to Blizzard to clarify that.

I’m not referring to their metamorphasis, I’m referring to their default form where they still show signs of biological mutation. Bleeding green blood for instance.

Shapeshifting doesn’t change their true form, even if they decide to stay in it. A Night elf will always be a night elf, and always has the option to return to that form. It’s a magical transformation, whereas the Demon Hunter is a biological one. And as Evelynn pointed out (That I wasn’t aware of) they would literally become full fledged demons if not for the runes that let them keep some of their humanity.

Druids can change at will.

This is simply not true in the case of feral worgen, which is druidic, and funnily enough considered a stand alone playable race.