What class will your high elf be?

Plergh.

You’ll never get me to play a disgusting elf.

Ok.

High Elf necromancer is dope.

Instructor Malicia - NPC - Classic World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

I rolled a proto-High Elf myself, and she’s an Arcane Mage. All she needs now is to grow her blonde hair out.

1 Like

Monk obviously.

I eyeroll profoundly at you.

What people want are the Silver Covenant and its civilian population, and you know that. They have always been Alliance and show no signs of changing faction.

And all the bullies that gang right into the threads - right, Myrklan?

BM Hunter, and never not BM Hunter! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have no problems with Void Elves existing; what I do have a problem with is the arguments made about playable High Elves were completely imploded by the hypocritical creation of the Void Elves, and yet – no separate allied-race Helves, much the same way the Wildhammer Dwarves have been shafted.

At this point in time, there really is no quantified, culturally defined High Elf race anyway. There are less than 10,000 High Elves left on Azeroth, and likely closer to only 5000. Those few thousand are scattered in diaspora among other cultures and societies resembling nothing of their original society and customs. Assimilation would have already set in if we followed real world socio/cultural trends.

Any argument for a high elf playable race is moot given this. To even use the term to describe any elf alive today is grossly lacking context.

1 Like

Do you actually have any source to back up your claims on the number of High Elves? Because last time I checked, nobody knows the true number of how many High Elves are left after the third war.

You’ll certainly be the highest elf

1 Like

The number of High elves remaining is not precisely known, however it is stated that the surviving high elves comprise a mere 1% of the original high elven population, with the blood elves accounting for the remaining 9% of it . Since Kael’thas took 15% of the blood elves to Outland (i.e. 1.35% of the original high elf population), and since Kael’thas’ army numbered at least 2,000 (“thousands of them”) according to the ‘Excerpts from the Journal of Archmage Vargoth’, it follows that the total high elf population is currently at least 1,481 (and at least ~148,000 prior to the Third War).

Re: wowwiki

Oh man not these arguments again.

Velfs are even smaller in population. Either way blizz already admitted they’re adding helf customisation with the intent of fulfilling the helf fantasy. Much like Wildhammer dwarfs

It would have to be a High Elf Death Knight. Or maybe a Warlock.

Anything that would combine rainbow farting unicorns and pixie dust with dirt, grime, and a little too much edge.

And the Horde act liiiike… what?

I’m seeing bullies with icons from both factions in here. I don’t know why they are so invested in bullying and mocking how people choose to RP in a game that’s designed for personal fantasies.

Removed this posting from the Void Elf topic to post it here anew:

====

I’m linking Jakafo’s High Elf Alliance guide here. My relatives and I get ready to make some RP-characters and this thread helped us a lot. Many different flavors of High Elves to play.

Mulgore Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, and Taunka ARE Yaungol, they just have different beliefs and politics.

Elwyners, Kul Tirans and Gilneans ARE Humans, they just have different beliefs and politics.

Need I continue?

I know a Scarlet Crusade Human Paladin, in fact…

1 Like

FWIW, this is what Zilarra looks like right now. She also got the replica PvP set from Area 52 that she can’t transmog, but could wear in sanctuary areas.

1 Like