What class does Ion play?

I’d like to know

Or does he even play this game?

Pretty sure this is him.

I knew he was a scarab lord and ran Elitist Jerks. So this is most likely him.

4 Likes

We only know one of his characters. The shaman that Luuni linked, I’m guessing he’s got more then just that one though. Whether he has time to play or wants to play after working on the game all day might be another story. Though he’s claimed to love playing so I can only take that at face value.

1 Like

Well, that’s not surprising in the slightest.

5 Likes

They were one of the best if not the best theory crafting guilds back in Vanilla.

4 Likes

I’m familiar with the guild itself, I just somehow had no idea Ion was in charge of it.

I mean, getting 481 ilvl takes some investment I’m sure. He must play at least a few hours a week to raid

1 Like

Honor Level kinda low.

5 Likes

That website (Elitist Jerks) was lit back in the day.

All the best info, including ways to troll in-game.

Haven’t visited it in forever though, not even sure if it still exists.

Must be super weird playing when game is meh

I think it’d be kind of weird to raid with one of the designers.

Yeah it would be weird

I’d always secretly wonder if nerfs to my class were personal :joy:

Well aside from Ion, you’d never know since they don’t ever let their groups know (For obvious reasons, aside from constantly getting harassed with questions. They get hate here I can only imagine what it would look like in game)

1 Like

I think it’d be the same as League of Legends. Whenever a Riot employee is in a game, everyone is very well behaved of out fear of getting banned I guess.

I’ve played with like two or three rioters and have asked them which department they were in. It was always non-game related like marketing or finance.

1 Like

I went to their website many a time in Classic and BC and they made me a better player.

So yes, I am glad he’s at the helm instead of Mr. Krabs.

Ion doesn’t play alts. He’s the guy who started a thread in legion asking for players to explain to him how and why they play alts, because he didn’t understand. The thread went 1200 responses, but he never came back to it.

Ion also doesn’t do transmog. And he doesn’t do PvP, honor level firmly stuck at 5.

1 Like

Idk how people don’t. Some armor pieces are so ugly it’s almost a sin

3 Likes

He plays a Shaman, so yeah ironically one of the worst classes in the game.
Makes what everyone says about him and his biases fairly baseless.

As much as people like to believe he calls all the shots and determines everything in the game it’s very apparent he doesn’t, or does so highly unbiasedly.

5 Likes

We don’t look at our characters lol.

What do you look at then?