Do you think Shaman

I would be sad but unsurprised if they decided that Orcs and the horde have converted to the light as the primary religion with Orcs learning how to be priests and Thrall becoming a warrior in shadowlands that Shaman is a thing of the past.

Nah he’s still a shaman, he uses the elements when you help him escape Torghast the 2nd time

I do think we tend to get our revisions later than most classes. Paladins we’re right there with is for a while too. The development team doesn’t seem to know what to do with the class (or at least didn’t seem to for a long time). Look at the vacillation between being melee, no caster, effective offhealer, back to melee, etc… that Enhancement has received over the years.

To be clear, I’m not saying they’re not paying attention or trying - I sincerely think they are - they just don’t know what to do with us.

Personally, I hope Soulshape becomes a talent option to replace Ghost Wolf, but without the 2 minute cooldown, and that devs continue to add soulshapes for us once that happens. It would be a slight improvement in speed, include a blink effect, and give us so many more form options dynamically. While the Shaman Covenant powers are generally weak, this general Covenant power is a stellar fit for us, and makes all the work devs put into it meaningful once everyone moves on from Shadowlands. It seems like a waste to do anything else with it.

1 Like

Honestly Ive done so much theorycrafting and reading about what we will get, and everyone has different ideas (good ideas) about what we should get in our tree. We really do just have to wait and see before we can judge, and hey, maybe its everything and more. I can only hope that they make a cohesive and powerful tree for shaman.

Every xpac…

Actually it was stated that Ion played resto shaman. And his shaman was linked you can find it here

So it is confirmed he does play Shaman as referenced

Which does come from this thread.

And we also have

But just keep thinking and saying its

2 Likes

I agree. I argue that just because he plays resto shaman that doesn’t mean he doesn’t play anything else. And, even if Ion only plays resto shaman, that doesn’t prove what other devs are doing.

The above two quotes are mere assumptions. Unless you know ALL the characters for EVERY dev, which I doubt.

No

/10chara

While I would love it, I don’t think shaman are getting a new spec. Sadly.

@OP

Nope. They have misplaced the code for gust of wind.

Once they recover that, we’ll be good to go

1 Like

5 classes out of 12 have their talent trees. Your premise falls a little short…

No it doesnt

Shaman general talents makes shaman modernized. I’m hopeful for the first time in awhile for shaman.

No it doesn’t beat rogue talents but does anyone?

1 Like

This is the expansion to fix shamans and overhaul ENH and ELE. I can see talents from all expansions coming back.

They don’t need to overhaul shaman they just need to be realistic about what we bring to the table in pvp and pve. Needs to be good utility burst and a bit different mael generation which clearly the traits are reworking.

Of course I’m talking about ele only I dunno about enhance.

no they need to overhaul.

shamans have needed an entire class redesign since post-mop

To name a few as Enhancement:

Class Issues-
• Core problem with playing shaman is that we’re binary between Offense and Defense. Either you spend a channel cast or maelstrom to instant cast an attack or heal. Not both. Other classes can do both at lower rates and do better then us because they can focus on DPS more.

• Can be easily locked down in PvP due to no hard combat stops.

• Reincarnation needs to be redesigned. 30 min cd, at low 20% while your body lays in damaging AoE is something special. Meanwhile Battle Rez classes can Rez you from safety into a safe spot most of the time every 15 min. For 30 min cd, we should have 3-5 sec immunity to damage so that we can run to safety with FULL HEALTH, can’t aggro, and can’t interact with anything until the timer is up or buff removed.

Movement -
• Movement: We can’t keep up on targets with basic movement without snares. We lack permanent ensnarement of other classes. Sure, we have a few different ways to snare. Still, many moving parts clumped by global CDs.

• Ghost Wolf: We can’t DPS while in Ghost Wolf; while snared, we’re at stand movement speed. Wow, think of the possibilities of a built in nerf!!! Your speed can’t be reduce below 100%, but you can’t do anything else in form. While other classes heal or kill you.

• No base charge, 1 talent to gain 1 charge at 30 sec where other melee specs have lower CDs.

General Spec Issues -
• Why do we have to enchant our weapons in SL? THERE IS NO CHOICE. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY WE CAN PLAY. There is no Legendaries that benefits from 2 Winfuries or 2 Flametongues.

• Why isn’t Lightening Shield 1 hour to be on par with our weapon Enchants? Furthermore, there should be 2-3 different types of shields to choose from.

• Why can’t we use Shadow Oil weapon enchants like everyone else!?!

• We’re Agility Main Stat, and forced to duel wield. How come we don’t have a parry or dodge rating to help with our defense against melee? Not talking about tanking levels but general survivability and mostly useful in PvP and world questing.

There are some of the problems that comes to mind that SHOULD BE ADDRESSED.

1 Like

no, it just wasn’t ready, or maybe they didn’t want all classes active, to avoid split feedback.
if it were the case that the xama gained a fourth tank spec, they would have said it before, because it’s something very big for the class/game

Lol thats some naiveté

Were next, and not last

1 Like