What are doing with these delves!?

See, i expected solo delving would be a challenge, you are doing it solo after all.

But i didnt expect the scaling to be so…crazy.

Shouldn’t it, i dont know scale the health up the more ppl are in the part, since its now a group activity? Why is it actively nerfing itself when a full group goes in?

1 Like

Pretty clear a lot of people commenting here are missing the context of the data linked in the OP.
Delves being hard solo is not a problem. Delves getting easier with a group is not a problem.
Mob casts magically hitting for less damage when 2 or 3 players zone in compared to a single player is weird and obviously wrong. THAT’s the issue.
Maybe the solo numbers are correct and they need to buff the scaling for groups of 2 or 3. Maybe the solo scaling for tanks is off and needs a nerf. We don’t know. It’s not clear what blizzard intended. Personally I kinda hope they make it a bit harder for 2s and 3s, it seemed very easy despite being way under the gear recommendation. Solo tank seemed a bit too hard, but solo healer felt hard but ok.
But it’s very obviously wrong right now.

and to clarify, I was geared and spec’d for Blood, I just swapped to Unholy, same gear (because it overlaps hence why I didn’t use Frost) and even worse used the built-in ‘Starter’ Talent Build as Unholy. 6 is comfortable and sustainable as Unholy, 7 is pushing but on Blood I couldn’t understand how it was suddenly so difficult at 4.

Thanks all the snitches for getting our easy group delves nerfed.

4 Likes

Yeah, the lack of communication on this from Blizzard is worrying because we don’t even know if this was intentional, in which case it was misguided, or whether the scaling is just all over the place due to unintended bugs.

1 Like

These changes are apalling. Each evening this week my partner and I had enjoyed doing T8 delves as a duo to use up the keys we’d been saving. Log in tonight and I’m getting trucked left right and center by every pull. I’m talking single mobs hitting for 2-3million melees. The whole point of this content was to enable solo and small group gearing instead of having to do the awful timed M+ treadmill. Now you’ve killed the only purpose of the content in the middle of only week where it’s relevant to the people that were doing the whining that led to these changes. Good Job Blizzard on killing the xpac week 1.

3 Likes

ROFL
Everyone - T8 is so easy.
Blizzard buffs T8
Everyone - Rawr!! (me included)

You heard it here first.

This will be the first major F up for season 1 - Plently more to come. Its already a trash start and no M+ yet.

Goes to show how small indie blizzard has become.

2 Likes

I mean, what was the point of beta?

This feels like a my name is earl episode.

I’m playing an Early Access game right now (The War Within). I should just go play Project Zomboid tbh, the greatest game with the longest development cycle known to man.

Whatever they did, this morning I was doing 8s no problem with a group. Tried one tonight and mobs were hitting the whole party with AOE attacks for 9 million.

The whole xpac is bugged, i lost loot from a RAID because of a bug, i don’t recommend doing raid atm until they fix this

When my paladin hit lvl 80, every single spell was removed from my action bars. Most jarring bug I’ve ever seen.

They release a hotfix. That not only broke group Delves. Try to solo one and see!!!

As a solo player i was getting hit by 20million from non Elits mobs. U cant do solo delves now on some classes.

hey blizzard go back to Ions announcement of what delves were supposed to represent because you’re way off, at this point give me my PVP tier back in the vault because delves are absolute trash, maybe if you nerf them to the ground, remove lives i might go back

2 Likes

why do you need more lives? you get like 5 on tier 8. cant die less than 6 times?
sounds like a skill issue

no what happened was it was too easy. it wasnt scaling properly now it is so you are dying. good thing there are 7 tiers lower that you can do.

+1 op. you got what you wanted.

1 Like

dude you missing the point, the SCALING is screw. Even lower tier become imposible now. For group or Solo players.