What an in-game LGBT pride event could look like

Not at all, this behavior is seen in rl and in wow. In my opinion it’s wrong in both.

It’s literally not seen, at all, in WoW.

The way players behave is not cannon to the lore and history of Warcraft, so no. You can’t use jerks in trade chat to justify your argument here. They have no relevance to lore. Report them and move on.

2 Likes

Since we can’t discuss the option in the forum, I will respectfully disagree.

I see it in wow very frequently. You need a new argument, this one fails.

No. You’re using players who have no relevance on lore as examples. Not the lore history itself. You keep combining the two, when they are 100% different.

I can’t believe someone is this dense, so I just assume you’re trolling at this point and I’m just not going to reply to you further because honestly you’re just purposely twisting what I’ve said/ignoring my entire point because you want to insist that players count as lore, lol

Have a good day.

2 Likes

Lore is only one of the ways we experience homophobia in wow.

If I’m trolling, it’s against the TOC, go ahead and report me.

I have never said players count as lore.

Your argument fails, move on.

Okay then.

Give one instance, in lore, not involving PLAYERS since they have no relevance on Lore, where homophobia has taken place.

I will wait before ignoring you.

1 Like

I have never, ever said there was Homophobia in lore. I said we experience homophobia in game frequently.

Reading is hard, I know.

Nothing and hopefully blizzard downs they crazy ideas to bring something like that.

How can someone know what is your sexual orientation? Only way to know if you’re talking about it in witch case not everyone is comfortable to talk about it. At the end of the day that is your choice, your lifestyle. No one else has to accept it around you.

2 Likes

Our entire debate has been about homophobia in WoW lore.

I stressed many times that an in game event would not make sense because as per wow LORE, homophobia doesn’t exist. It isn’t a problem.

YOU are the one who has been arguing otherwise, so maybe reading is hard for you…

2 Likes

IMO, most LGBT+ aren’t choosing a lifestyle, they are born that way.

No it isn’t, its about homophobia seen in wow.

This is true, there are hot-topic issues that will always have strong opposing views LGTB+ is one of them.

Lmfao, I can’t with you.

You literally contradict yourself the entire time.

You clearly did not read ANY of my posts, because if you did, you’d know I was strictly talking about the world and lore.

2 Likes

That ship has sailed long ago and it would be very very bad to open that thread. You’re entitled to your opinion friendly advice. No matter what is your private life choice don’t bring it up on internet between dozens of strangers hiding behind character name.

Game gives you so much choice to role play and enjoy the game the way you want. If you wanna be accepted and not be treated differently, don’t ask to be special and for some special events

You are arguing about Lore only, I’m not. I don’t thing is anything in wow lore about Valentines day, yet we still have an event for it.

To an extent I disagree with you.

People shouldn’t have to -hide- their sexuality in order to be treated with dignity and respect.

While I maintain that a pride event isn’t needed in game, I also don’t believe LGBTQ+ players themselves should have to hide who and what they are because them revealing they are LGBTQ gives some people some twisted ‘moral’ right to harass/bash them.

At the same time, I also believe part of normalizing things is not making a huge thing out of them, too. So in a world like Azeroth, where homophobia just isn’t a factor, the normalization is very apparent and very much a statement imo.

Instead of pride events, I’d be happy seeing more same-sex NPC partners in casual questing, since it IS a normalcy in Azeroth. Just my opinion though. That said, I don’t really care in general about NPCs since I hardly pay attention to them. It would just be nice for those who do care and feel seen to have them.

We don’t have a Valentines Day event.

We have a Valentine’s day based event that was adapted to fit WoW lore in a way that made sense.

You can’t do that with Pride, because there is no need FOR pride, LGBTQ+ is normalized and already widely accepted IN Azeroth itself.

You’re literally just trying to pick fights.

Not really, I just don’t agree with you.

You’re not agreeing with me, while literally talking in circles/using arguments that have no relevance to my arguments.

I’m done, I can’t with you lol. You take care.

1 Like

Yea I can agree with you there is no place for this in a game. Game should be a game and people should play it based on their imagination.

Regard revealing sexual orientation, guilds have no issue with that. Global chats is different. Not everyone loved in to have someone talk about their sex life and choice of partners