What an in-game LGBT pride event could look like

Honestly, I’m bi-sexual. Unless it comes up in conversation, I never bring it up. Partly because I know doing so in trade/general chats just opens up certain cans of worms that I don’t want open.

That said, I maintain that no one should have to hide who and what they are. Rather than telling people you just shouldn’t say what you are, players should focus more on reporting and calling out the players who target and harass others over it.

1 Like

I agree with you here!

True. We have to keep in mind that kids play this game. Let them have childhood free of our sick politics, world and propaganda. They don’t need to be more confused

??? I’m fairly certain everyone knows what they like at a young age, because I sure did by the age of 8, but I didn’t have the knowledge or understanding of it until I was about 13 and I was locked in a mental prison due to it until almost 18 years old. If I had the support that kids do nowadays in cartoons and in games, I’d be a very different person.

If you’re straight, you don’t ever notice these issues, because you’re deemed normal by society, so you’ll never be conscious to why it’s a good thing for the minority. I was taught it’s ok to be straight, but was never taught it’s ok to be gay, because there was no such thing as gay representation in the 90s.

Children don’t think in the same ways an adult does. They’re taught racism and hate, they don’t just become racist or hateful.

2 Likes

Well, there was… but the problem with the representation in the 90s is it was all ‘comedic’ or geared toward older audiences.

Another problem was back then too a lot of it in some aspects in the media was overly sexualized, so it gave people this image that never faded. When you think of straight people, you don’t automatically think of R Rated scenarios, you know what I mean? It’s not fair that back then, people thought that of LGBTQ+ individuals.

I remember being super giddy watching AMC and seeing a lesbian couple on there - though that might have been in the early 2000’s. I don’t remember.

Seeing stuff normalized and accepted, to me, is perfect.

You’re not wrong. A lot of things were framed in a way that made you think you were going to die if you touched the same doorknobs. And then we wonder why there’s still so many messed up perceptions around it.

2 Likes

100%. It’s insane.

I used to play with girls, loved to make cookies from mud, loved the tea parties. Now I’m married and have kids. My friend was always like little girl, even today when you look at him he is always more feminine. Still had wife and kids. But guess what, we both had parents who kept telling us that is for girls, that we need to be guys. Explained us trough religion and perfect example and it helped.
But here is the thing it’s different in countries where parents can’t be with their kids non stop. Parents who don’t watch what their kids watching , how their kids behave. You let your kid think he is a power ranger he will grow up and start to dress like one and behave like one.

Exactly kids are taught on in some cause not.

The players are not the lore you fool. The people who play the game already have pride events in real life, having it in the game would be redundant.

Of course not… Not having something to complain about is scary.

1 Like

Memory of a goldfish, or just no principles… you decide.

1 Like

it would also be very nice to have the game stay out of real life crap and stick to gaming . Plans such as these are more geared for real-life events.
We don’t need in-game activities . THE GAME was intended to quest run dungeons and to raid or to PVP. Your ideas are good and perhaps Broad way would be interested.

1 Like

lol i was gonna go and do this, but then I was like ‘meh, but I wanna make some bagel bites’ and left it alone. Glad someone did though XD I was being lazy

1 Like

Kinda suspect that he was an ALT for another poster here. Since his posts all just have a single ’ like '.
But ya, he was being purposely combative, duplicitous and all around obtuse in his argumentation.

1 Like

If your all so kin to help LGBT then you all need to make a Troll on Feathermoon realm today and do the The Running of the Trolls for the Trevor Project…all the info can be found on wowhead…its run by the same folks that do the The Running of the Gnomes for Breast Cancer…so its all legit…https://www.wowhead.com/news/running-of-the-trolls-charity-event-to-benefit-the-trevor-project-on-june-18th-327369?fbclid=IwAR2OX4bZCULFCh1SKVjCQTcCQCWyodQOEZuSBDOQWN_a6vM99zq-FNi5f1k

I thought that was for testicular cancer? Or is there another??

Ok, I respect your idea and therefore you as a person but…no…I’m sorry to say but do you know what that would do to the community? It would drive an EVEN FUTURE wedge into all of us more then the Horde/Alliance extremests already do.

No the Running of the Trolls is for Trevor Project always has been.

I had no idea. I always thought that was for testicular cancer D: Thanks for the info!

and I don’t think those should be there either… a mythical world should have it’s own days… No easter there… or Hanukah if we need to be all inclusive… geeze. a magical make believe world should have it’s own holidays imo. not real world ones

where’s pink ribbon breast cancer and black history month… like I said… in a made up world give original holidays based on the world… It’s ridiculous.