What about world of warcraft keeps you coming back?

for me, it’s the classes, the races, my characters, the world, and the friends i’ve made over the years playing WoW (both ones who stopped playing, and ones who still play).

i’m not gonna go on a long tirade, but to me, these are what make WoW great. not new systems, not the story (after legion, i stopped caring), and not the characters (i used to love sylvanas, but now i don’t care anymore).

what i enjoy is the variety of classes ‘n’ races, what race/class combos there are, how my characters can advance, what happens across the various parts of azeroth, and what my friends think about it.

so i ask you fine folks, what about world of warcraft keeps you coming back time and again?

1 Like

For me is da forums lots of loling

i like connecting to the game and leveling some random characters in random zones , i play this game since BFA ( 2018 ) and i still discover new zones every time

2 Likes

It can only be at least a hint of insanity, because I keep doing the same thing and hoping for a different result. Maybe more than just a hint.

1 Like

i like zone i ben to alot ! goodjob thunter blufs , orgramer

2 Likes

I did a rage quit ages ago, when they changed the original DK spec, coming back to play each year when they gave me a free week on my birthday. I didn’t miss it for ages and then – bizarrely, I missed seeing Booty Bay and that what brought me back.

There is a humor in the original design, the little nuggets here and there to discover, the aspect that doesn’t take itself too seriously and I have made friends here.

Sadly, I really don’t like the current trend in the design which leaches the fun away from playing and I keep hoping it turns around.

2 Likes

Clearly its the furbolg.

1 Like

for me it’s just the lore i guess and the game itself. some say the game/lore is bad but me i don’t take it all that seriously. im not some sort of lore freak, im not no hardcore raider/MDI player or w.e. i just enjoy the time i play and thats it.

i do take many breaks hell i am on a break rn maybe coming off today playing lost ark/elden ring but yea it’s not like i said i quit. problem for me with WoW that makes me hate it is that for someone like me it feels like once i fall behind in content thats it i have a hard time catching up especially since i rely on pugs due to my work schedule/time zone so yes it’s rough af for me to catch up in terms of actual content i want to do. catch up mechanics are helpful that is for sure but i guess it’s just the mentality/difficulty getting into pugs without things like aotc is what makes it a turn off for me.

with lost ark idk game is alright but idk if it’s something i can see myself playing long term. elden ring yea i want to try and finish it before i come back but with how little time i have to play on days that i work it’s just rough too.

Hmmm. Let’s see… nostalgia and for entertainment purposes. I do like the world and the calming atmosphere in certain zones. Just chill and relaxing. I’m a picky gamer and the only games I play are classic console games from NES, SNES, Genesis, and WoW.

The fantasy, the type of races, aesthetic, and escapism.

3 Likes

The fantasy, I like the zones, music and art. It be comforting to log in and hear WoW sounds lol.

1 Like

guild gameplay

It’s definitely the chicks.

1 Like

The dwarves.

That and the few friends I play with.

2 Likes

Walkerbo, my pixelated child.

Mythic plus annd that’s it. If mythic plus ever got gutted or removed in some way I’d be gone.

At this point? Just familiarity. Even when I take a break, I come back to the game and it’s like I never left.

1 Like

My friends, guild and the combat because it’s an absolute blast in pvp and pve. I really dislike the combat in other MMOs and I feel like WoW nailed it perfectly (not in the balance sense but the satisfaction of playing my classes).

I just like taking bits of lore I like and incorporating it into Rosenivy’s story

I’m basically this as I play

I want to say great game play but they just Nerf elemental shaman into oblivion for no justifiable reason and lied about how they came to it so instead I am going to say…

Goth Orc girls in fishne- oh wait this isn’t shadowrun.