We're not making enough noise about layering

The best we can hope for is they either decide to remove it, which seems unlikely, or more likely they tweak it to prevent that type of stuff and hopefully remove it within the first couple of weeks.

It’s an 1100 post thread… Ya sure about that :slight_smile:

By thread I’m referring to the original topic of my thread. I don’t include the replies in that, only the original post. I didn’t say anything bashing the devs. So ya I’m sure about that.

You know what’s really funny? When I was originally arguing with Fesz about sharding and how it works, I told him that sharding was done by continent.

Turns out I was wrong, and then Blizzard went and changed the system to how I believed it to work which… makes me wrong at the time but right in retrospect?

Layering is obviously needed except if you want to go on your starting zone crowded with 3 thousands of folks trying to tag your first wolf.

laying is worse then global warming

1 Like

In Vanilla WoW, there were days, even weeks where logging in was a pain. I couldn’t enter Ironforge, period, it would crash me, it was largely why I played Horde until I had a computer upgrade late in the xpac.

If they want to introduce better computer tech to handle loads, fine, not going to have a problem with that. But layering changes the game itself, it doesn’t belong.

If the consequence is for two weeks there’s crashes and huge line ups- good, that’s genuine vanilla experience. Beats having this monstrosity added to the game.

So your main argument is you want to get the pain of Vanilla first 2 weeks? well… give me your IP i will ask a dude to nuke it :stuck_out_tongue: “Joking”

Vanilla has inconveniences, and there’s a lot of new stuff Blizz has done over the years including things like layering/sharding/CRZ/cross server to lighten loads.

That’s fine, in retail. It doesn’t belong.

Hey, if they actually have servers capable of holding any load and there’s no issues at launch I’m fine with that- I just don’t want them making in game changes, like this, for the sole purpose of convenience.

So mock all you want, but some of us want the game to be as close to absent of changes as possible.

That’s how I want it.

1 Like

:rofl:
This exactly, someone here knows blizzard well

3 Likes

Can we have a a bottom neck ? I mean over 200 or over 500 in the same zone the game is not fun anymore? Sorry if you don’t get that point … you probably have a funny life for sure to enjoy a game that you can’t really play.

Well grats, people like you that hate Vanilla WoW managed to get the game you wanted out of Classic. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it for a month until you realize it’s not completely retail and never touch it again.

1 Like

What point you don’t get? the game will be unplayable over a certain number. You prefer not playing that’s your point? really?

1 Like

It’ll be how it was in Vanilla- what’s so hard about that to understand? Sometimes you had to fight for tags; was it rough? Yeah- but that’s how the game was, and how it should be.

It’s a mistake for Blizz to have catered Classic to players like you that don’t want Vanilla WoW, but Retail ‘Classic’.

3 Likes

Can’t fight your type of arguments… your the kinds that probably fighting for not wearing their seatbelts in a car and think it’s smart!

I think the trouble is that the anti-layering crowd argues from a position of bad faith. There’s no arguing them out of a fundamental distrust of Blizzard.

Blizzard knows how important server continuity/community is and makes a whole new version of the sharing tech to keep that community together in the long run but still have playable zones at the beginning. But no, that’s not enough. I’ll be so glad when this is a non-issue after a few weeks.

Layering is for snowflakes :rofl:

2 Likes

Blockquote

I completely understand the need and necessity for it at the start. Completely.

BUT - Blizzard has a “satatement” where they desire to have it end before phase two. What if this is CorpSpeak?

Possible future A: Some Mega-servers do not have the decrease that other MegaServers do. Say either streamers, or very organized classic guilds and players returning keep that population high where some servers stay low. They must keep layering then else they will run into the situations you described in your post.

Possible B: The infrastructure of the modern megaservers depends on layering as its based upon other things already developed (sharding, CRZ, etc) and they are placating us until they say later on, sorry we have to keep laying in place.

Possible C: When lots of people reach high level the crowded situation in high level zones has then bring back layering.

But I HOPE you are right.

I think Blizzard have the infrastructure to handle 25k people on the same server. Layering in my point will be only be used in area that is overpopulated to make it playable to everyone. But what will be the trigger number i don’t know… i’m sure they will keep it high over 100 peoples. Do they have to implement some other trigger like what happen when people do World PVP … that’s the part i expect to be a pain with or without layering. You remember when you saw like 25 peoples walking without moving and wondering if it’s you lagging, other or the server. That was back in 2004-2006, and players close to server has an advantage when it was crowded. The others suffer disconnection or lag spike.